Fuchai 200w

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalfisher

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
SoCal
I just picked this up and been using it for the last 4 days. Im having an issue with muted flavor. I currently running the device in pwr mode. 1ohm @ 50w I have tons of vapor but the flavor is muted. I thought that it may be my build. I rebuilt and still having the same issue.

I threw my atty on my old ipv3 and have tons of flavor and vapor production. I havent used the device in any other mode so I cannot test that.

Any ideas what may be happening?

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
your problem doesn't make sense, unless as cobalt stated, if your atty gets air from the bottom and the fuchai is restricting the airflow. is it's straight power mode most mods are pretty equal in that department. maybe it's a placebo effect and you just subconsciencously don't want to like fuchai! lol

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Not all mods are accurate in all power ranges, and obviously some are kind of inaccurate in general. But, you ought to be able to dial it in.

I switched an MT from an istick 100W to an rx200 a few days ago. I was running 61.5W on the istick and had to reduce to 57.5W for the rx. But, your Fuchai should be in the same general range as your ipv, within a few watts.

rks1949

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Lawrenceville,Illinois
I've just finished day 2 with the Fuchai,and it hasn't disappointed me yet! I'm mostly running a sub mini on it with a 0.09 nickel build in the RTA at 450 F. The RDA is a Haze with a 2.3 ohm dual coil Kanthal build @ 60 W. My battery's are still at half charge, according to the display. It's really starting to impress me,the more I use it! I'm liking the battery life also! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: bigrobbie

rks1949

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Lawrenceville,Illinois
I think it's a trend. Most won't ever use that much power,but some may? When I use a RDA, I set it at 70 watts. I've also heard (not sure if it's true though?) that by having extra power available,when you use it at a lower wattage (say 25% capacity) the mod runs easier,and get's better life out of the battery's,instead of a smaller one running at max capacity. How true this is I don't know?

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Some mods are just under-powered, the company may be playing happy with their specs. I wouldn't be too concerned unless it's not consistent (although 20 watts is quite a bit). In other words if you have to use 30 watts higher, then 40, etc. If it's still under warranty you could try to exchange it, get a refund, or trade it for a different mod altogether. That's your call. Good Luck!

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I haven't read the whole thread, but just in case. Make sure the 510 connector is clean and the battery contacts ... well. I use a Q-Tip dipped in rubbing alcohol, not dripping wet, but moist. You can use the dry end to go over it to get off any excess. Let it air dry for a few minutes and you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread