4th Unofficially Official Halo Chat Thread: The Sequaling!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Morning kids. Stay warm Fran! That's freezing
Actually, Fran's temp can go up by 50 degrees and it'd still be freezing. We are looking at freezing in our rear view mirror. I had -18, but it is up to -14. Expected to hit a high of 11, that's a swing of 29 degrees.

This is far side of the moon cold. Yet the sun is blaring, nary a cloud in the sky, and the wind is howling strong. My furnace has been running almost continuously.

I'm so glad I have someone to snuggle up with, eblankets, and a good tank of oil.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
A real dog's breakfast of weather for us. Going from -7 up to 32 today, and 50 tomorrow, with various forms of water until Tuesday night.

Other than this arctic chill, this winter has been OK here, just one snow before today, and fairly mild temps. Now we're gonna get the President's Day Blizzard.

More important, no work today, and what's for lunch?

:)

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
Day 6

The weekend was insufferable, as I predicted. Typically, my lassez-faire attitude towards the destruction of my liver takes on whole new levels over the weekends. Instead, my body craved for the sweet subsistence of fermented grains.

Apparently, a fact that I have been remiss of for the last 25 years, there is actual sunlight during the weekend. What sick depraved creator of all would design such a universe?!? People actually leave their domiciles during these searingly bright hours to do "chores" during what should time away from any form of work. Apparently, this society of ours is even more depraved than i could ever have imagined. Now I know how Honorius felt as King Alaric's mad Visigoths tore through Rome, watching the great society shredded overnight. Our society is a lost cause, working during the weekend, that's how Houdini died I think.

To say the physical and mental anguish after less than a week is unimaginable only stresses how active my imagination is during my less than lucid periods under the influence of sweet alcohol. Only now, in the throws of my sober madness have i come to realize; bourbon, you are my only true friend and love.

Well, and bacon....bacon's my dirty talking mistress willing to take a backseat when alcohol beckons me. Now though, only bacon holds me dear....and candy...and pie.....cake occasionally....hot pockets too....Nighthawk frozen dinners have been helpful, i mean how good are those right? 30 years later and they taste the same, so horribly good in a bad/good sort of way...and now i want tater tots...i may have some for lunch, with chili and cheese and booze....wait..no booze. Darn yous Catholicism!! Truly Lent is the most horrible thing religion has ever done to us, EVAR!! In the history of all time...nothing is worse...I SAID NOTHING!

I eat to cope apparently...and to build up my winter layers, even during the summer...and spring, and fall...imma hungry, gunna go get breakfast tacos. Breakfast Tacos...of retribution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread