TWO MSI 4GB GTX770 Gaming video cards running in SLI
Two 512GB SSD drives
One 1TB and One 4TB hard drive
EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 power supply
NZXT Phantom 630 case

CPU cooled by Corsair H110 AIO water cooler
GPUs cooled by a pair of NZXT Kraken X41 AIO water coolers

IMG_1333a.jpg

Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound (Rear speakers mounted in the ceiling behind me)
QNIX 27" 1440p monitor

I didn't build that system for web surfing.

;)

I'm currently waiting for Pascal to release so I can upgrade my old GPUs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReigntheGamer

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
I've been out of the gaming scene for a while unless you count WoW as a game, I don't really play it much just enough to help out my wife when she needs it..

I used to play FPS games but the second they all went all Sci-Fi and high tech I lost interest.. I still play Wolfenstein Enemy Territory from time to time though, still has a huge following considering how old it is.

Allison Cloud

Feb 8, 2016
You are all into some fun games! And old is not a bad thing at all! The Baulder's Gate games are some of the best there are! I still play them!!! I am a PC gammer though. I will play a console with friends. But I am all about the PC. Right now I have been playing a lot of LoL((as always the past 5 years)) and Far Cry 4. I do not have fall out 4 yet. But I can not wait to get it. Also, Doom 4 is a thing! OMG!!

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
I used to game, but at 41, I decided it was taking up too much of my time. I've barely played 3 games the entire year.. Tomb Raider Definitiive, and Wolfenstien The New Order and The Old Blood. I even used to follow the industry up to the new console reveals of 13. I used to game on 360 until I realized what kind of lying corporate shysters Microsoft really are and ditched them as soon as I saw that god Aweful reveal for the Xbox One which proved to me that not only does Microsoft not have the slightest clue as to what they are doing, they are a company who's whole foundation is built around youturns and lies just like the Xbox One. It's as if Microsoft can't even stick to their own guns and keep their promises anymore. All they have done is backpeddled on everything and that's a company I will never stand behind again.

Since then, I have switched me and my family to MACs and have rid my household of all Microsoft Products and services on PRINCIPLE ALONE. Yes I really hate Microsoft and their I'll conceived console... but even more so their reputation towards consumers. They have no class and that's why I went with Playstation in 13.

But now I'm actually contemplating calling it quits because I have a hard time managing my time... Not only that but I was a completionist on both consoles. I went out of my way to get every achievement and trophy in every game.

Sorry about my Microsoft rant but I'm very opinionated on this. Very Opinionated on every dumb decision they have done since the X1 was first revealed.

IzzyisDizzy

Moved On
Feb 15, 2016
I used to game on pc exclusively. I have about 70 games on steam. Big valve supporter. Since I can't get Internet where I live im stuck playing single player games on console with clunky controls.

Still, ps4 is nice. I'm going back and forth between fallout 4,dying light ,just cause 3, black ops 3 and shadow of mordor.I mean, when I'm not building coils or playing guitar lol

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
I used to game on pc exclusively. I have about 70 games on steam. Big valve supporter. Since I can't get Internet where I live im stuck playing single player games on console with clunky controls.

Still, ps4 is nice. I'm going back and forth between fallout 4,dying light ,just cause 3, black ops 3 and shadow of mordor.I mean, when I'm not building coils or playing guitar lol
How are you liking Just Cause 3? I spent so much time playing Just Cause 2, and didn't get anywhere close to 100% completion. I finished the story, but beyond that, exploring was just too much fun in that game.

Rcajun

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2015
Dallas, TX, USA
Been gaming since the Atari 2600. Mostly play MMOs now. Currently play Neverwinter online, waiting on Black Desert to launch. Normally don't get online during the week til everyone else in the house is getting ready for bed.

Wife got me a PS4 for my birthday, still checking out what is available that I might like playing. Been out of the console scene for a while, use my PS3s as blu-Ray players mostly these days.

Reactions: IzzyisDizzy

IzzyisDizzy

Moved On
Feb 15, 2016
How are you liking Just Cause 3? I spent so much time playing Just Cause 2, and didn't get anywhere close to 100% completion. I finished the story, but beyond that, exploring was just too much fun in that game.
Honestly its not living up to the hype for me. The Wingsuit is hella fun and destroying stuff comes in many flavors to choose from. My only problem is they give you too much too soon. There's not really anything to strive for, save for bigger guns that cause bigger booms. Challenges rate you in gears that put you through a linear skill tree that forces you to unlock the crummy useless upgrades (that you can thankfully toggle on/off) before getting the good upgrades (some of them feel like they should be necessary from the start).

Explosives are indeed very explosive and there are many things you can explode/use as explosives/turn into explosives. They are marked bright red and white as per just cause tradition, for the explosively impaired. Many explosives explode more than once, making everything you blow up a mini Micheal Bay movie. (gas stations have 3 or so explosions before it detonates into a ten story ball of flame, which would level a city block irl)

The only thing I wonder is, Rico seems more like an eco terrorist than a "rebel". As much as he's damaging the government he's also probably hurting civilians / their economy.

Anyways, I've played a few hours and put it on the shelf for now, currently destroying fallout 4.

To sum it up: Wingsuit + dual grapple + explosions + stunts = good!

Repetitive + too much too soon + bad upgrade system + no real hook to playing other than to goof around = bad!

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
Honestly its not living up to the hype for me. The Wingsuit is hella fun and destroying stuff comes in many flavors to choose from. My only problem is they give you too much too soon. There's not really anything to strive for, save for bigger guns that cause bigger booms. Challenges rate you in gears that put you through a linear skill tree that forces you to unlock the crummy useless upgrades (that you can thankfully toggle on/off) before getting the good upgrades (some of them feel like they should be necessary from the start).

Explosives are indeed very explosive and there are many things you can explode/use as explosives/turn into explosives. They are marked bright red and white as per just cause tradition, for the explosively impaired. Many explosives explode more than once, making everything you blow up a mini Micheal Bay movie. (gas stations have 3 or so explosions before it detonates into a ten story ball of flame, which would level a city block irl)

The only thing I wonder is, Rico seems more like an eco terrorist than a "rebel". As much as he's damaging the government he's also probably hurting civilians / their economy.

Anyways, I've played a few hours and put it on the shelf for now, currently destroying fallout 4.

To sum it up: Wingsuit + dual grapple + explosions + stunts = good!

Repetitive + too much too soon + bad upgrade system + no real hook to playing other than to goof around = bad!
Sounds a lot like Far Cry 4. It was really fun. But really repetitive. Even the story missions were. All the side stuff was extremely repetitive. And the skill tree was pretty much useless, aside from the health upgrades. But it was still fun to just run around and see what could happen. Except for the animals. I hate the animals in that game. Everything was vicious. A single attack from an eagle would take over half your health.

IzzyisDizzy

Moved On
Feb 15, 2016
Sounds a lot like Far Cry 4. It was really fun. But really repetitive. Even the story missions were. All the side stuff was extremely repetitive. And the skill tree was pretty much useless, aside from the health upgrades. But it was still fun to just run around and see what could happen. Except for the animals. I hate the animals in that game. Everything was vicious. A single attack from an eagle would take over half your health.

Even far cry 4 was more fun to play than just cause 3.

But thats just my opinion.

Speaking of far cry, does anyone play Garry's Mod by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread