Tooth Decay Enamel Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
Coincidentally, my wife and I have been reading up on the negative aspects of commercial toothpastes. There are studies claiming the glycerine in toothpaste coats the teeth and prevents remineralization.

There are some recommending a simple baking soda or calcium carbonate toothbrushing regime for healthier teeth.

Of course there are studies debunking this so YMMV.

Reactions: Hyperspace

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
It's more likely that the OP's calcium separating from the surface of his teeth was because of prolonged exposure to too much citric acid and/or phosphoric acid, found in soft drinks, gotten from eating/sucking on citrus fruits with direct exposure to the tooth surface, etc.

For more than 30 years I always had a Coke sitting on my desk every day at work. I'd sip all through the day. That constant washing of my teeth with it did the same to my upper teeth, and only on the outsides of them. I've got lots of caps/crowns up there now because of it. Made it worse by my love of our Florida citrus, too, which I always ate a lot of.

I've noticed NO such calcium separation on any more of my teeth since I began vaping 2+ years ago.

Reactions: Gazoo2You
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread