Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
???

Doesnt help much

??
He answered your question.
Yes it's a fine set up for a beginner.
Need to know?
To get the best experience from your gear? Lots.
You need to take the time and read as much detailed information as possible about your device and how it works.

You need to have a basic grasp of Ohms Law and how it relates to vaping, so you can choose the correct coil resistance.
Beyond that, a good knowledge of lithium battery safety is good to have, as well as how to properly care for a PV.

No one can teach you all you need to know about vaping in a single forum post.

Reactions: DaveP

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
The Atlantis 2 .3 ohm coil is rated to be used at 70 to 80 watts. The MVP Pro only goes to 60 watts. You should be ok with the .5 and 1.0 ohm coils.

If you're wanting to move into the coil building part of vape (it's cheaper) then you'd be better off with a Kanger Subtank Mini (version 2)

Reactions: Bad Ninja

CrazyDamon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
You reap what you sow...

What are you using now?
Why did you select the 3.0 and ATL?
What is your budget?
Do you have a vape store close that might have a selection to try before you buy?
Do you MTL, direct lung?

Cheers
I

Mvp 2.0 + Nautilus, feel like I need an upgrade though.

Seems to be the best for the price and really solid pieces.

~70-80 or so if that

Only one, and their prices are ridiculous.

MTL mostly.

Edit: Just bought the MVP 3.0, I planned on getting that anyways because of that bigger battery and I've had my 2 for over a year so it should be going out soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izan

CrazyDamon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
MVP 3.0 :toast:

Have you tried the ATL yet?
It might be a bit more open then you expect coming from the Nauti.
Have you looked at any other tanks in the same price range?

Cheers
I
I keep my Nauti on the biggest airflow setting (not sure if its still that big a difference)

Havent tried it myself, nervous about getting into sub ohms because I dont wanna .... anything up but hear its a much better experience.

Ive looked around a little bit, between this/Kanger Subtank seem to be the best choices for a novice.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I keep my Nauti on the biggest airflow setting (not sure if its still that big a difference)

Havent tried it myself, nervous about getting into sub ohms because I dont wanna .... anything up but hear its a much better experience.

Ive looked around a little bit, between this/Kanger Subtank seem to be the best choices for a novice.

I was going to suggest the GS Air M or the Subtank mini.

Have fun

Reactions: CrazyDamon

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
The Subtank looks really, really cool. But I dont really know anything about rebuildables.

The kanger subtank was one of the first to come out with optional rebuildable coil head.

Don't worry about 'subohming'.
Back when there were not high powered regulated mods, people vaped high wattages by building low ohm coils on unregulated mods. That was called 'subohming'.

Nowadays you got better regulated mods and can vape relatively safely at high power with the proper batteries and regulated mods.

The things you might want to pay attention to are:
1: rebuildability
2: temperature control.

Reactions: CrazyDamon

CrazyDamon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
The kanger subtank was one of the first to come out with optional rebuildable coil head.

Don't worry about 'subohming'.
Back when there were not high powered regulated mods, people vaped high wattages by building low ohm coils on unregulated mods. That was called 'subohming'.

Nowadays you got better regulated mods and can vape relatively safely at high power with the proper batteries and regulated mods.

The things you might want to pay attention to are:
1: rebuildability
2: temperature control.

Good to know! Since the batteries on the MVP are internal would it be safer? Obviously not going to assume anything, as safety comes first regardless.

Been reading a little about temp control, not sure if the MVP can adjust this but I just wanna make sure I'm using the correct wattage without messing up my coils or anything (The Subtank mini I'm getting comes with a 1.2 and a 0.5 with OCC) also using a 65/35 pg/vg ratio with my juices.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
The Subtank looks really, really cool. But I dont really know anything about rebuildables.

Took Me, about 3 videos on Youtube and a couple hours playing with Steam-engine.org and some reading of blogs on this forum.. To figure out how to rebuild, the Disposable Protank clearo heads.

That is what make a Subtank type clearo a good option.. Gives you the factory disposable heads to use. And the possibility of learning to do you own builds. But, a true rebuildable atty, like a cheap big decked dripper would make the learning go faster.

Your MVP is safe to .2ohm and 60watts...... It will shut off if you try to push-it beyond it's 17amp limit. You can use any coil ohm on it from .2 to 3.1ohm. Although, due to amp and voltage output limits, it might only give the full 60 watts at .2-1.3ohms. If you always start a new coil at low settings and move up to target vape, you won't harm the coils or the mod or yourself.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    The Atlantis was a fairly big deal when it was first released. The atomizers are 2-3x the size of the Nautilus and wide open the air flow on the Atlantis could be compared with some popular RTA's.

Considering how much air flow the Atlantis can work with it might be problematic shutting it down far enough for a enjoyable MTL vape. Aspire has an optional RTA (for the Trition but fits the Alantis) as well as "Anyvape" sells an RTA (v2) which will work with the Atlantis.

Personally I'd recommend a Evic VTC mini kit with Tron tank.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread