ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Hey gang, I have a real live vaping question for which I desire to pick all your brains and experience. I want a mod...

1. Must be variable wattage but I don't give a rip about temp control or how many dang Joules are left in the battery, so all that fancy stuff doesn't need to be there. While something like a Kbox can call itself VW, the watts are stepped 8 or 13 or 20, but nothing in between, so this is not an option. VW range can be limited 8-30 because I doubt I will ever go beyond that.
2. Size: I would like it to be approximately the size of an iStick 30 or 40. Kbox is maximum size and weight. Anything bigger is not in my wish list.
3. Battery: While I don't mind the internal battery situation of the iStick 30 and 40 at the moment, I am sure I will mind that when they get to the point that they won't recharge. So, preference is one single 18650.
4. Price: Cheap. Real cheap is better. Free, like in ECF contests, is always nice, but if it is too big or too heavy, it will get PIF'd or traded because I am not comfortable with huge and heavy. The Koopor Plus win has already found a new home because it was too big and too heavy for a Tootlewomper like me.

Suggestions?
VTC mini
image.jpeg

For size comparison

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
I assume that's the one on the left in your pic? All those sub-Ohm tanks with interesting tips that reduce to tootle puffer size... do those work real well for you? Lannie possesses all those tank types in the house... I'm still in the Protank category.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I assume that's the one on the left in your pic? All those sub-Ohm tanks with interesting tips that reduce to tootle puffer size... do those work real well for you? Lannie possesses all those tank types in the house... I'm still in the Protank category.

Those are all tootle tanks. Very low air flow, small tip wouldn't make any differance.

With a regular tank I don't like small tips. They seem to make the vape hotter.

I used to use my own drip tips but most tanks now have excellant tips so I been just leaving the stockers.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Those are all tootle tanks.
OK, I am confused now. I was replying to Boden's picture and Coolerat answers... THOSE are tootle tanks? Ohhhh.... they look so BIG.

EDIT: Lannie just came around the corner to show me her black VTC mini. I didn't know they were the same because the white one looks so different... anyway, she says she likes hers and her sub-Ohm tank looks smaller than the ones in that picture.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Went there to check them out. Only the white ones are the price you listed. The black ones are twice that. No pink in sight. :)
The basic Kbox mini does not come in pink. there are other devices the same size or smaller like the Nano that say Kbox mini on them but have TC and such. Not sure why they use the same case on different models but they do.

Ahh the black ones are out of stock in the basic model. The other one prob comes with a tank? The white one does not for that price.
They may be quitting making the basic model Kbox mini mod?

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
OK, I am confused now. I was replying to Boden's picture and Coolerat answers... THOSE are tootle tanks? Ohhhh.... they look so BIG.

Alot of those old school tanks do take up alot of space for what they do and what they hold.

My Steam Engine tanks is smaller then a Kayfun, preforms just over 11 thousand times better and holds twice the juice. Fills in seconds and with the .8 coil lasts all day.

We've come along way baby.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
My Steam Engine tanks is smaller thean a Kayfun, preforms just over 11 thousand times better and holds twice the juice. Fills in seconds and with the .8 coil lasts all day.
OK, another question: I have an Aura mini that I won in a contest. Voltage/wattage fixed (battery is like an EVOD) and it has 0.5 and 0.33-Ohm atomizers. I am having no problem tootle puffing the 0.5-Ohm, but it makes me want to do direct lung hits when every other puffer I have easily allows a mouth-throat suck (then you can inhale or blow it out your nose, as you see fit). You are using a 0.8-Ohm coil in your Steam Engine and, apparently, loving it. Given that is (obviously - duh) SUB-OHM, how do you tootle puff it? Or am I reading something here that hasn't been said? If I got this big Steam Engine thingie (BTW how much is that?), can I continue to mildly suck without entering cloud chucker domain?

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
OK, another question: I have an Aura mini that I won in a contest. Voltage/wattage fixed (battery is like an EVOD) and it has 0.5 and 0.33-Ohm atomizers. I am having no problem tootle puffing the 0.5-Ohm, but it makes me want to do direct lung hits when every other puffer I have easily allows a mouth-throat suck (then you can inhale or blow it out your nose, as you see fit). You are using a 0.8-Ohm coil in your Steam Engine and, apparently, loving it. Given that is (obviously - duh) SUB-OHM, how do you tootle puff it? Or am I reading something here that hasn't been said? If I got this big Steam Engine thingie (BTW how much is that?), can I continue to mildly suck without entering cloud chucker domain?

To find Sean (coolerat) as a tootle puffer we have to journey back in time to about 1975. And that was for maybe 3 days. I "learm" how to smoke watching my grandparents put down about 6 packs a day between them and they smoked hard and so did I.

That said the Steam Engine has both air and juice control so maybe. Its about 20-30 bucks BTW. Its RTA brother could be built anyway you wated also.

I'm gonna try and tootle puff the SE for you. Be warned I have never been able to MTL so its gonna be crude.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I think the Steam Engine has massive air flow and not too good for tootle puffing.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Ok.....................

.84Ω on a DNA 200 at 15w. Air choked off to Kayfun levels. Juice control nearly closed.

Honestly I don't even know how to tootle puff. I just start lung hitting. Because the air is so tight it just makes me cough.

Give it 20w and a little air and its a vry mild vape. I like it at 30w and about half open AFC.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Hey gang, I have a real live vaping question for which I desire to pick all your brains and experience. I want a mod...

1. Must be variable wattage but I don't give a rip about temp control or how many dang Joules are left in the battery, so all that fancy stuff doesn't need to be there. While something like a Kbox can call itself VW, the watts are stepped 8 or 13 or 20, but nothing in between, so this is not an option. VW range can be limited 8-30 because I doubt I will ever go beyond that.
2. Size: I would like it to be approximately the size of an iStick 30 or 40. Kbox is maximum size and weight. Anything bigger is not in my wish list.
3. Battery: While I don't mind the internal battery situation of the iStick 30 and 40 at the moment, I am sure I will mind that when they get to the point that they won't recharge. So, preference is one single 18650.
4. Price: Cheap. Real cheap is better. Free, like in ECF contests, is always nice, but if it is too big or too heavy, it will get PIF'd or traded because I am not comfortable with huge and heavy. The Koopor Plus win has already found a new home because it was too big and too heavy for a Tootlewomper like me.

Suggestions?

Cloupor mini or mini + which does add TC.

Ola X Hero

Wismec Presa 75TC

All are single 18650, VW by 0.1 watt steps. Will go below 8 and at least to 30.

Have at least one of each of those, like them all. The Cloupors are the smallest, the Wismec the heaviest.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
I like Sigelei's but I have to ask, does the 50w buzz??

Both my 100w and my sons 150w have this faint buzzing sound.

No I haven't heard anything yet as I've only used it a couple of times this week. Also my hearing is going the same route as my eye sight so?????? :D

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
No I haven't heard anything yet as I've only used it a couple of times this week. Also my hearing is going the same route as my eye sight so?????? :D
Get a guide dog ;)
Train it to bring a rose to your wife, see where I'm going with this :) :)

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Ok.....................

.84Ω on a DNA 200 at 15w. Air choked off to Kayfun levels. Juice control nearly closed.

Honestly I don't even know how to tootle puff. I just start lung hitting. Because the air is so tight it just makes me cough.

Give it 20w and a little air and its a vry mild vape. I like it at 30w and about half open AFC.

I can relate to that, I used to MTL all the time but since I've been lung hitting for 10 months my brain has forgot how to do it so my tootle gear I just try to lung hit it, it's just become a natural way of vaping and the only way I enjoy it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread