Svoemesto Kayfun Mini V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
I have 5 erlks and a couple have the open draw positive pole which I think is 2mm. I believe a stock positive pole is 1.6? Anyways, doesn't the kayfun mini have over 2mm capabilities?
I believe it does. But if I put them next to each other, the Erl with the open draw post feels more open. The Erl is much noisier, but does seem to move more air for me.

Overall, I actually prefer the KLv3 since its easier to wick and seems to leak less during temperature changes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AstroTurf

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
I have 5 erlks and a couple have the open draw positive pole which I think is 2mm. I believe a stock positive pole is 1.6? Anyways, doesn't the kayfun mini have over 2mm capabilities?

As far as I know, the Mini V3 uses the same airflow screw as the K4 (at least in the svoemesto shop they are offered as accessories as for the Mini V3, so for the K4). The part where the air is distributed, just above the screw, looks pretty similar to the K4. So, I've tried the Erlprinz wide open and the K4 (one of my favourites) wide open, and I think, they are about the same, if not the K4 be a tiny bit wider.

R

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Sure am Diver. It's a solid little atty. I've been finding I prefer smaller profiles the past part of my journey. I use a P3 and went to mini mode. Then I found a titanium dripper which was nice and light. Love it. Then this KM3 was released and I liked the idea of going back to a tank and this smaller size was perfect. She vapes like a KFL (but offers more airflow). A little warmer than a KFL but makes sense given it is a smaller tank. Sure is easy to use with the juice control. I never minded the bottom fill on the KFLs because they hold 4.5 mls. But at 2 mls with the KM3 it's nice to have the juice control/top fill. Very quick and easy to refill this tank. And of course, you get the Svoemesto quality. I never sprung for the K4 either for the same reasons you didn't. But I'm glad I got this KM3. Very nice rebuildable tank and especially if you prefer going to a smaller profile. I don't know if it will give you as much air as you are looking for (versus the Erl) but I can say it is airier than the KFLs.

Been doing any diving?
Oh yes, always diving and am heading to the abaco islands in 2 months. Sounds like I'm going to enjoy this new guy, slightly warmer and slightly more airflow and smaller sounds awesome.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
As far as I know, the Mini V3 uses the same airflow screw as the K4 (at least in the SvoeMesto shop they are offered as accessories as for the Mini V3, so for the K4). The part where the air is distributed, just above the screw, looks pretty similar to the K4. So, I've tried the Erlprinz wide open and the K4 (one of my favourites) wide open, and I think, they are about the same, if not the K4 be a tiny bit wider.

R
Spec wise that sounds about right... thanks

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I believe it does. But if I put them next to each other, the Erl with the open draw post feels more open. The Erl is much noisier, but does seem to move more air for me.

Overall, I actually prefer the KLv3 since its easier to wick and seems to leak less during temperature changes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Yes I can see that, I'm sure even if one spec wise is bigger, they is more to it then that. The erlk has air from underneath, so it's quite different. And yes the erlks are noisy, it took me a while to get used to for sure....

MKID

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Southern CAL
Also - I'm considering these to hold spare oil on my Keychain.. My Innokin Ucan is just so big and heavy. Awesome, but so big and heavy....

Looking for smaller options now that my wife's new car can't just use a small key... With push button starting, the "key" is her (not small) remote transmitter thing. So I've gotta carry that around now.

Anointing Oil, Keychain Vial, 6 Pieces

- Sent from my Note 5 via Tapatalk

Blessing in disguise

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
@Katya

Quickie impressions, nothing that hasn't already been said and said better:

~Excellent flavor and, as Bronze mentioned, warmer than the KFL and (I think) tastier. Slightly denser, moister vape which is a plus in my book

~Increased air flow from the KFL but I can decrease it to what I like as I prefer a tighter draw than what is the rage these days (big time MTLer). Adjusting the AFC? A bit tricky as I am unaccustomed to it but simple other than the tiny screw is difficult to see with these old eyes--even with cheaters and a flashlight. BUT once the sweet spot is found, you're set

~Noisier than the KFL. No whistling, just a very distinct and noticeable **whooshhhh...**

~Easy to fill--a good thing as it seems to be a thirsty little thing (I'm vaping 10.6W/1.2ohms (2.5mm coil) with this particular liquid (60v/40p)

~Juice control? Works beautifully. I have been able to adjust this very easily as I've tried out different liquids at different PG/VG ratios. Wicks beautifully, NO DRY HITS! That's both with rayon and cotton wicks--same coil.

~Easy on the eyes, superb quality and craftsmanship (duh)

~No leaking/"sweating" from the tank

~And, lastly, I've joined "The Club"--forgot to open the juice flow control after filling one time. I picked up on the subtle difference as it was nearing a dry hit before burning the wick (credit to my history with dripping) AND I've left it open as I started to fill...caught that quickly enough, no major mishap as it was a thick juice, nothing leaked.

A winner, definitely an all-around winner! :banana:

Just my :2c: after messing around with it off and on all weekend :)

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I have a low tech simple solution to carrying extra juice and tops with me. They go in my briefcase in the morning:
a11534726cad0edf5011e560d51ef31d.jpg

2b014582bf084142062df98cd1a61f16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
I have a low tech simple solution to carrying extra juice and tops with me. They go in my briefcase in the morning:

That gets it done quite well!!! [emoji106]

What drip tips are those?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

Where did you come from? You are on a work release from Provape?:)

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
@Katya

Quickie impressions, nothing that hasn't already been said and said better:

~Excellent flavor and, as Bronze mentioned, warmer than the KFL and (I think) tastier. Slightly denser, moister vape which is a plus in my book

~Increased air flow from the KFL but I can decrease it to what I like as I prefer a tighter draw than what is the rage these days (big time MTLer). Adjusting the AFC? A bit tricky as I am unaccustomed to it but simple other than the tiny screw is difficult to see with these old eyes--even with cheaters and a flashlight. BUT once the sweet spot is found, you're set

~Noisier than the KFL. No whistling, just a very distinct and noticeable **whooshhhh...**

~Easy to fill--a good thing as it seems to be a thirsty little thing (I'm vaping 10.6W/1.2ohms (2.5mm coil) with this particular liquid (60v/40p)

~Juice control? Works beautifully. I have been able to adjust this very easily as I've tried out different liquids at different PG/VG ratios. Wicks beautifully, NO DRY HITS! That's both with rayon and cotton wicks--same coil.

~Easy on the eyes, superb quality and craftsmanship (duh)

~No leaking/"sweating" from the tank

~And, lastly, I've joined "The Club"--forgot to open the juice flow control after filling one time. I picked up on the subtle difference as it was nearing a dry hit before burning the wick (credit to my history with dripping) AND I've left it open as I started to fill...caught that quickly enough, no major mishap as it was a thick juice, nothing leaked.

A winner, definitely an all-around winner! :banana:

Just my :2c: after messing around with it off and on all weekend :)

Excellent review and I totally agree on the flavor and taste this little atty puts out.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Diver, we were just discussing air flow the other day. It was confirmed the airhole is 2.2mm on the KM3.
As a Mini, this is the airiest mini I have.
ALSO Imho:
1. It is airier than many of my [full sized]RTAs
2. It is airier than the Erlkonigin, even with the Erlk's O/D pos pole(all mine's have)
3. I find it's airflow very similar to that of the K4

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
That gets it done quite well!!! [emoji106]

What drip tips are those?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

They're Modish Metal Works. I have one for each Kabuki. Fits great. Look's great!

Nice to see you round these parts SR. Thought you were a die hard Kabuki dude?

I am. But I also still appreciate Svoe. However (looks around and ducks), reading this thread has not made me feel a need to get one of these smaller Kayfuns. I'm sure they're great for a small RBA. But it's too small (19mm) IMHO, 2ml capacity (too little for me), and the posts about things getting stuck and forgetting to turn on the juice flow, thus getting burnt cotton, makes me happy to stay where I am.

Where did you come from? You are on a work release from Provape?:)

You just never know where I might be lurking these days. No, you never know!!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I just rewicked my KM3 for the first time. I ran about 12 - 14 mls of my favorite juice through it. I found it no cleaner or no gunkier than any of my other atomizers. I did change my coil dimension to accommodate the narrower build geometry. Went from a 28 ga 10 wrap to a 28 ga 8 wrap with a larger diameter. Resistance is nearly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread