Status
Not open for further replies.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Maybe this belongs in another section but it's getting kinda quiet in here...so I thought this might be a fun thread.

What hyped ejuices have you tried? Did you find them worthy of the hype or not?

Years ago, pluid was all the rage. I was at a vape meet and someone had some and offered me a vape. I used my drip tip to try it. Yuck :yawn: it ruined that particular drip tip as I was never able to get the taste out of it. After that, when I bought a used atty.. I made sure I didn't purchase one that had had pluid in it.

Boba's bounty was popular at one time. I don't like tobacco so it kinda scared me off. But everyone was raving about it so I figured I'd give it a try.. I thought I'd ordered it but it never came and after a couple weeks when I checked on it.. I found I'd never actually paid for it.

Grant's vanilla custard is another juice with a large following.. I bought an atty from someone who sent me a sample. I found it way too sickly sweet. Deadly sin is another custardy juice that I found too sweet. I still have half a bottle from a year or so ago.

With all this being said... I diy most of my juice, but like to venture out every so often.

Reactions: element77

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
After I started DIY I never paid anyone else for a single ml of juice. I don't care how it's hyped, or how many think it's the greatest. I love what I make myself, much like I like the food I cook at home over fast food, or the way too expensive food in other places. What I make myself at home is better and cheaper by far than what the profiteers are hawking.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I'm pretty much the same as Vaslovik. Once I started making my own juice, I ceased my search for the latest awesome juice. In the five years plus that I've been DIYing my own, I've placed one order for commercial....that was Creme Brûlée from Nicoticket. It was good and I liked it fine, but it really had nothing on my homemade stuff except a bigger price tag.

I've learned that I'm just not that picky about flavors these days. I like my own concoctions best of all.....and I certainly like that buying in bulk (like I do) makes my juice cost pennies per bottle. It's almost free..... Leaves me more money to buy more REOs....

Last edited:

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Donnah, pretty much all you said. I did get the Boba's Bounty though (meh) but didn't try Deadly Sin. I tried SB Mother's Milk and thought it was just awful. To be fair I have issues with most strawberry flavorings, they end up tasting like bad strawberry quick. *shudder* Five Pawns Lucena is one I really like and thought it held up to the hype but I cut it heavily with DIY. It was too strong for me otherwise. Most of my DIY is on the light side.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Pluid? Check. Boba's? Check. Tribute? Check. Crunch Berry? Checkerino.

Prolly most any hyped juice I've tried (sad to say, I suppose). None, other than Pluid, were repeat buys. I wasn't so much put off by the cost as much as the hassle of getting my hands on some (I'm in Canada). They were all good juices, IMO, but then there are a lot of good juices out there.

Like a couple of us in here, I prefer flavours with some punch (okay... a LOT of punch). Pluid scratched that itch and in the right setup actually has a very complex profile once you get past the absinthe. It also has a fair amount of food colouring, which isn't something I think I want in a juice.

Since hitting DIY, I'm my own bake shop, juice bar, and drinks counter. A 30ml bottle costs me about 70 cents to put together (and I live in the land of expensive nic base). Are those hyped juices worth 40-50 times more? Eh... Ima go with "no".

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I don't DIY because I have zero patience to learn :facepalm: Some fav vendors I'd recommend is The Plume Room, Good Life Vapor (great flavors beyond Deadly Sin), Sleeping Dragon, Ahlusions and I haven't tried it but peeps are liking a lot Stash.

As far as custards, Sleeping Dragon's Daft Spunk is good. Not sure if you'd think its too sweet but I think it's pretty good.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I started DIY only a couple months into my vaping journey, so I've only bought juice from exactly two companies, very early on. They were Johnson's Creek and Vermillon. But I did used to go to lots of vape meets, before the days of the 'cloud crowd' started seeing how quickly they could fog up a room to the point that visibility was near zero.
Anyway, I used to try a lot of samples. I had the same experience with Pluid. It was very popular, at one point, and one of my buddies gave me a 3ml sample. I couldn't stand the stuff for more than a couple drags. I dumped the rest. I never understood why it was so popular. But then again, I'm not a fan of licorice, anise, etc. Even as a kid, I wouldn't eat licorice.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I don't DIY because I have zero patience to learn :facepalm: Some fav vendors I'd recommend is The Plume Room, Good Life Vapor (great flavors beyond Deadly Sin), Sleeping Dragon, Ahlusions and I haven't tried it but peeps are liking a lot Stash.

As far as custards, Sleeping Dragon's Daft Spunk is good. Not sure if you'd think its too sweet but I think it's pretty good.

I see you mentioned Stash. Josh, the owner of Stash, is a friend of mine. He has prior training as a Master Chef. He understands flavors, and what combinations work. I've sampled some of his creations at vape meets, before he started making juice commercially. I especially like his Dark Star Reserve.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Anyone tried the "Golden TIcket"? I think it's chocolate milk, and seems to be the latest fad.

My experience with "hot selling" juice trends:

1 - I didn't like Boba's much. So I let it steep. For like a year. Then it was pretty good!
2 - The smell of anything from 5Pawns actually makes me nauseous.

I diy, and have settled into making pretty much the same flavor over and over in big batches and vaping it every day. It started out as a "kind of" Tribeca (Halo) recipe, but evolved, and now it's "lighter".

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Looking back, I'm glad I began DIY as early as I did. In those days, with 2.5 ohm CE2s and the like, when vaping 5ml a day would be a lot, DIY was just a creative hobby. Today, with bottom feed attys, Reos, and .4 ohm dual coils, 10-12ml would be a light day. If I had become accustomed to premium juice early on, vaping wouldn't be any cheaper than smoking,

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I used to love 5 pawns, Gambit, Grand Master, Castle long, and Queenside. I used to buy the first two 4 bottles at a time which were about $28.00 a bottle, that drove me to DIY. I never did find a good recipe of them but I got something close enough for Queenside and castle Long, I have another recipe that is a caramel peanut butter (BrownCar), along with the orange cream flavor (Orange thing) that are ADV's along with the Castle long clone. I tried a lot of juices, but none of what I tried, was as good as the 5 pawns.

KAS

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I started doing DIY soon after I started vaping. But in time I burned out on it from doing way too much experimenting... dozens at a time overlapping the previous batches over and over again while they were aging (pre UC days). I did find some ADV's (only one remains a currant one though). But more importantly what I learned from it was that there were many flavors I did not want to vape at all. So out with the fruits, bakery/cookie/cake, candy, desserts, etc mostly. My preferences where/still are coffee/tea/bar drinks & herb/spice/florescence NEF's (preferably), and NET's. So I mostly shelved DIY and dove into the premades, tried endless 15/30/60ml bottles of the most hyped liquids from the most hyped vendors, and many others that sounded good for a couple of years plus. And what I learned from those experiences was that hyped equated to wasted money almost all of the time for my uses. So I worked my way back into DIY with a great education, albeit a costly one. Now I'm down from the dozens of premade liquids I was vaping to around 20 I currently DIY. As of now five of them are locked in as currant ADV's, the rest I am still tuning to see if any of them will make the cut too. My ADV goal though is less is more.

AU717

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Spring, TX
Interesting timing - I DIY and haven't bought hyped for a long time. Til yesterday went into a shop that was next door to the pet shop my wife needed to go to. Walked out with Moo Eliquids vanilla almond milk. Pretty good stuff but I won't buy any more. Preferring what I mix. Got some new flavorings, though. Ordered Bananas Foster, Apple Jacks and Vanilla Butternut through MFS. Haven't tried the Vanilla Butternut but the other two are acceptable. It's all going to have some menthol mixed in, however.

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
Boba's Bounty was the one I kept seeing hyped when I started vaping and reading here. At the time, it wasn't available and quickly sold out when it was. I finally got some and liked it, so kept a 100 ml bottle on hand at all times for a couple of years. I finally ran low a few months ago it's not available again.

Reactions: Spydro

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Anything from Backwoods Brew.
Most anything from Copper Creek.
EVERYTHING from Alice in Vapeland.
Ahlusion. Anything Ahlusion.
But the worst of all actually is a flavor offered by my favorite e-liquid Vendor. I truly enjoy most everything I've ever gotten from HHV, but Huntsman is vile and disgusting. I know all tastes are subjective, but to me HHV Huntsman tastes the way dog vomit smells.
And yet Huntsman has its own faithful following....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread