Diluting Nicotine levels (is this the right forum?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmiVin

Apr 23, 2016
Hello. I have two different (pre made) juices, both of which are 10mg nicotine. This is too high for me now and I would like to at least cut this in half. After a few hours of research, I've found that using VG is best by using 50%vg with 50% of the juice. By this, I mean I would mix 30ml of my juice mixed with 30 ml of vg. Is this correct? Also, considering vg is thick, should that be diluted with water? Is so, how much water should I use to make the vg more 'watery', I suppose I could say.
I apologize for my lack of knowledge on all of this, I have been vaping for quite some time, but I haven't ever diluted any juices. I would prefer to not make any mistakes. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
hi and welcome,
If you have the option, getting 0 nicotine versions of your current juices and diluting with those would maintain the flavour and PG/VG ratio while lowering the nicotine level according to how much you combine.
1-1, 2-1 ect.
What nic level are you using or hoping to achieve?
Combo Pack (500ml of Liquid)

Reactions: AmiVin

AmiVin

Apr 23, 2016
hi and welcome,
If you have the option, getting 0 nicotine versions of your current juices and diluting with those would maintain the flavour and PG/VG ratio while lowering the nicotine level according to how much you combine.
1-1, 2-1 ect.
What nic level are you using or hoping to achieve?
Combo Pack (500ml of Liquid)

Thank you for the reply. I've read that I could cut it down half way, so in this case 5mg. I will definitely buy the juice at the nic levels I can handle next time, it's just that I've had these juices for some time and haven't been able to use them nor sell them, so diluting them seems like the next best thing.

Reactions: Izan

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i don't think you need to dilute your VG unless the juices you are diluting are already very high in VG. Most flavours are held in PG anyway so that'll be enough to make the liquid flow ok once it all mixes together.

For completeness i'd say that if you use very high VG juices, by which i mean about 90% VG, then it might have trouble wicking in some tank systems and you can then thin it with either a bit of PG, some distilled water at about 1% and i've even heard of people using saline solution - so you have some options to get your liquid to the consistency as well as the strength that works for you.

T

Reactions: AmiVin

AmiVin

Apr 23, 2016
i don't think you need to dilute your VG unless the juices you are diluting are already very high in VG. Most flavours are held in PG anyway so that'll be enough to make the liquid flow ok once it all mixes together.

For completeness i'd say that if you use very high VG juices, by which i mean about 90% VG, then it might have trouble wicking in some tank systems and you can then thin it with either a bit of PG, some distilled water at about 1% and i've even heard of people using saline solution - so you have some options to get your liquid to the consistency as well as the strength that works for you.

T

Alright, thank you for your reply. My juice is definitely not high vg. I probably should've given my question some thought. I guess I'm a little slow, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread