Why does Skoal not make a non-mint snus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So I know most people here don't like American snus, but considering I don't go through that much snus, ordering online isn't worth it for me, mint burns my cheeks, and I cannot STAND bergemont, so General is out, which leaves me with Camel Robust/Mellow which taste great IMO but don't have much of a kick, Marlboro red snus, which again tastes okay but is even weaker. I like the nic hit from Skoal snus but the mint BURNS so much. I know I'd like it if Skoal made a "straight" flavor of their snus, but they don't! Why not? I really doubt the FDA would hesitate to approve an unflavored tobacco product made by a big firm and I'm sure it would sell, like who could argue with something that tastes like american dip AND has no spitting?

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I don't know why. What you could do is order some snus online and keep it in the freezer in a sealed container until you need it. Since shipping is so high it makes sense to order enough for a year or two. If you like straight tobacco flavor then you might try some skruf es. It's plain tobacco and es(extra strong)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I haven't tried the Al Capone. When I first started using snus, I tried a bunch of different ones but now mostly use thunder raspberry and general mint. For plain tobacco I used to like the skruf I mentioned and I also liked the Lab 01, 02, and 05. Some people like ettan but I never could get a taste for it. Grovsnus wasn't bad either.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I missed this post, but if you're still watching it @sqirl1 then check out Northerner.com. They carry Thunder original and Offroad original. Both good straight tobacco flavors without the bergemont that General has. Plus if you like green apples, you should try the Jacobbson's Flader. Plus Northerner ships from the US and is much cheaper than shipping from overseas. Get 15% off your first order if you sign up for their news bs.

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread