Status
Not open for further replies.

Squonk_me

cut and paste has its consequences
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2015
Dry and windy
Does this mean a name change to "Tank_me"?

Don't know about a name change but for now, nothing beats an Aromamizer on a dna! :thumb::thumbs:

Noooooooooo......they will be afraid and lonely in the storage box. :blink: Even lowly bottom feeding squonks deserve a loving environment or at least a proper burial.

Think I will keep em so I can look at em once in a while and ,, "remember back when,,":lol::pop:

They will eventually get pif'ed to some locals no doubt.:cool:

jonniemac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Rosemount, MN
jmgcoder.imgur.com
This will soon be home to a DNA200 from the man, the myth, the co-op legend ... Mr. Mike Petro. Parts are just laying on the counter so the gaps look a bit off, it will be perfect when it's all assembled. The machining is about complete, just need to face off the excess material on the back of the adjustment button actuator. I plan to cerakote the trim rings white and the front and rear covers black.

kHzDz9r.jpg

oDQQmSp.jpg

Last edited:

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
This will soon be home to a DNA200 from the man, the myth the co-op legend ... Mr. Mike Petro. Parts are just laying on the counter so the gaps look a bit off, it will be perfect when it's all assembled. The machining is about complete, just need to face off the excess material on the back of the adjustment button actuator. I plan to cerakote the trim rings white and the front and rear covers black.

kHzDz9r.jpg

oDQQmSp.jpg
Jaw dropping nice!

jonniemac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Rosemount, MN
jmgcoder.imgur.com
Me to but I don't think they would give me another mortgage on my house.

Maybe with a co-signer? ;)

I'm not here selling anything. Have never sold a mod. Just showing off what I've been building in the garage!

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Maybe with a co-signer? ;)

I'm not here selling anything. Have never sold a mod. Just showing off what I've been building in the garage!
Aaahhhhh giving them away is even better [emoji298]

Sent from phone.

jonniemac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Rosemount, MN
jmgcoder.imgur.com
Aaahhhhh giving them away is even better

Wouldn't that be something ... sounds like a sure fire way to prevent me from buying any more tools for the garage! Ones perspective determines if that is a good or bad thing. I still really want to get a lathe so I can make my own RDA. Vaping my own liquid on my own device in my own RDA would be very satisfying.

It feels to me like the heyday of modding has passed with all the devices out there now. Either that or I'm in the wrong groups or something. It's a real shame too because after 3 years I'm finally getting sort of decent at it. Most of my enjoyment in all this comes from talking to other modders. Miss the "old days" when it was hard to keep up with all the stuff that was happening.

Last edited:

jonniemac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Rosemount, MN
jmgcoder.imgur.com
One more image because I really like the look of the copper. Alumilite resin block for the main body with copper and gold pearl powdered pigment added. Copper is C110 half hard or H02 temper. These spacer/trim rings still need one more milling operation on them to cut a groove in their front faces where they meet the front and rear covers.

BgmLqBm.jpg

jonniemac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Rosemount, MN
jmgcoder.imgur.com
What is the reason for the spacer versus a deeper end cap? Battery options?

I wanted metal between the resin or wood main bodies so there would be something to hold good threads. Didn't want to use inserts or helicoils.

Icemanxxxv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
KC MO
ERM+ECF #031 dead again another working fine then nothing chip failure. Will not connect. Opened the case and I could smell the pungent smell of horse piss. All the magic got let out of another DNA200. fuse is intact. Maybe #031 is cursed? Time to apply for another RMA#.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread