Help buying coils for triton mini tank/mini Pegasus aspire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbvapor16

Apr 28, 2016
After the batch that came with my vaper, I've had poor luck buying the appropriate coils for my device. The second set (1.8 ohm nickel coils) had 2 duds, 2 burned up immediately and the one that worked provided a terrible experience. The most recent set doesn't even fit with my vaper.

It's clear that I could use some help in finding the right coils. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Aspire Triton Mini Coils

Three different coils.
  • 1.2Ω Kanthal coil (suggested range of 15-20 watts) -- Suitable for mouth to lung vaping or direct to lung vaping. Power/wattage mode ONLY .
  • 1.8Ω Clapton coils (suggested range of 13–16 watts). With a kanthal base wire and a kanthal wrap these coils provide more surface area compared to standard coil designs. This results in greater vapor production which gives a noticeable increase in flavor. Power/wattage mode ONLY
  • 0.15Ω nickel coil -- Temperature control ONLY
Make sure you are priming them well before first using.

Priming a Coil

All cotton coils have to be primed well with juice. If they are not primed well the cotton will burn. Once the cotton is burned the burned taste doesn't go away.

To prime the coil, drop 5-8 drops of juice right inside the coil (sometimes less/more depending on the size of the coil head), another drop of juice in all the holes on the side of the coil. Put the coil in the base.
  • If Bottom Filling - Fill the tank and then screw the base back onto the tank.
  • If Top Filling (some tanks are top filled) - Screw the tank on the base and then top fill it.
Once you put the tank on the battery give it several unpowered primer puffs. This will make sure the wick is fully saturated.

Rule of Thumb

The rule of thumb for EVERY vape device you'll ever own is the same (when running in power or wattage/voltage mode).

Turn your voltage/wattage down, take a few hits, bump it up, couple more hits. Repeat until you find your "sweet spot". If it starts to taste funny, gets too hot or tastes burnt, back it down. Different flavors will have different sweet spots so you just have to experiment.

The sweet spot is somewhere between the "vape is cool but not too cool" or "warm but not too warm". I like my fruits vapes cooler and my desert vapes warmer. Everyone has their own preferences.

Last edited:

Newbvapor16

Apr 28, 2016
Aspire Triton Mini Coils

Three different coils.
  • 1.2Ω Kanthal coil -- Power/wattage mode
  • 1.8Ω Clapton coil -- Power/wattage mode
  • 0.15Ω nickel coil -- Temperature control only
Make sure you are priming them well before first using.

Priming a Coil

All cotton coils have to be primed well with juice. If they are not primed well the cotton will burn. Once the cotton is burned the burned taste doesn't go away.

To prime the coil, drop 5-8 drops of juice right inside the coil (sometimes less/more depending on the size of the coil head), another drop of juice in all the holes on the side of the coil. Put the coil in the base.
  • If Bottom Filling - Fill the tank and then screw the base back onto the tank.
  • If Top Filling (some tanks are top filled) - Screw the tank on the base and then top fill it.
Once you put the tank on the battery give it several unpowered primer puffs. This will make sure the wick is fully saturated.

Rule of Thumb

The rule of thumb for EVERY vape device you'll ever own is the same (when running in power or wattage/voltage mode).

Turn your voltage/wattage down, take a few hits, bump it up, couple more hits. Repeat until you find your "sweet spot". If it starts to taste funny, gets too hot or tastes burnt, back it down. Different flavors will have different sweet spots so you just have to experiment.

The sweet spot is somewhere between the "vape is cool but not too cool" or "warm but not too warm". I like my fruits vapes cooler and my desert vapes warmer. Everyone has their own preferences.
I've read about this before, but I didn't need to prime my first batch so I thought I would never have too. Thanks. Can you show me where I can buy coils that would definitely work with my device, though?

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I've read about this before, but I didn't need to prime my first batch so I thought I would never have too. Thanks. Can you show me where I can buy coils that would definitely work with my device, though?
Click on the first link (at the top of my post).

Reactions: Newbvapor16

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
Quick question: I read (from one of the guides above) that I shouldn't drop e liquid in the center of the clearimizor, but when I'm priming that's pretty much exactly what I'm doing. Should I remove the liquid from the coil after letting it soak for a bit?

when priming--- the drops you place in the coil head that absorb in the cotton should stay in the unit. what they are speaking of is to avoid getting liquid in the chimney. either via the drip tip, or by over filling when the bottom or top of you tank is removed (depending upon your model) the chimney is the metal tube that is in the dead middle
38f5f9e783cde15bd58ac28e8f41ee16.jpg

Reactions: Newbvapor16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread