Dicodes box mod coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
Dicodes has an app note for building TC coils on their website. I built using NiFe and their instructions. Works like I think it should. TC can be wonky if you don't do it exactly correct. Their instrucions worked for me. Welcome to the Dicodes world!

Thanks for the reply! Could you point me to the instructions you used? I can't seem to find anything on their site except a .pdf but it's in German only.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I had a major problem with my first Dicodes box trying to understand the menu system. Thankfully, Keith at Creme de vape was patient enought to explain it in a way that finally made sense to me.

At last I learned that if the value is white on black, a press will advance to the next parameter. If it's black on white, a button press will change the value. I do have to admit that even now I occasionally have problems getting my timing right. Though the Dicodes manual refers to both modes, I didn't get it through my head that you could only advance in the short time before the display changed colors.

I normally am pretty adept at navigating digital stuff, but this system hit a dinosaur part of my brain somehow.

Baseman

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2015
Munich, Germany
I just received a Titan Dani Box from a user on the classifieds and loving it so far. Solid and feels awesome in my hand. It also seems to be giving me a consistently better vape than my Radius at the same wattage. I haven't really messed around with TC in about a year though as I really didn't care for Nickel but I would like to give the NiFe30 sample a go. Can someone give me a crash course on building with this type of wire? Is there a certain resistance range required and also if someone could tell me the gauge of the sample Dicodes sends out that would be great as I can't find that info anywhere. Thanks! :)
The wire is AWG29/0.28mm.
Just make a spaced coil, wraps & diameter what you're used to (depending on your atomizer). Don't bother thinking about resistance, the dicodes chip can handle it all - no matter if 0.1 or 2 Ohms.

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
The wire is AWG29/0.28mm.
Just make a spaced coil, wraps & diameter what you're used to (depending on your atomizer). Don't bother thinking about resistance, the dicodes chip can handle it all - no matter if 0.1 or 2 Ohms.

Thanks for the tip! I finally set up a .6 ohm coil in my Fire Bird with the NiFe sample and I'm very impressed! I have dabbled with TC in the past and just finally started kind of liking it when I picked up some SS but now I think I'm finally sold! Anywhere to get the Dicodes wire in the states yet?

Reactions: AstroTurf

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Battery life - (Dani #6) how long are yours lasting?

While I think I've seen over 40K "Joules" on a battery swap or two the maH on my last few swaps have been barely over or near the 2000maH level. (this is with a Black Bison and Purple eFest batteries)

How is your battery life? Do you pay attention? Do you care?

The life in my #6 is longer than I usually get out of a single 18650 mod so the larger format 26650 is doing its job however (as expected) the maH is no where near the falsely rated capacities of the batteries I'm using.

drugarth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2015
    Netherlands, groningen
    I have a keeppower 4200Mah in there, and it definitely is longer than a 18650 (but that's no surprise) I usually get about 2 days out of it, while a 18650 (samsung 25r) on similar settings last me about a day....don't keep track in detail though...it's seems about right for the Mah difference between these 2 batteries

drugarth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2015
    Netherlands, groningen
    Finally I was able to order the Dani Box, and it just came in! :banana:

Here it is next to its big brother the No6 and its smaller siblings the Dani Extreme v2+'s

hKQXuTM.jpg

Happy camper over here :)

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014
    I put my blue Dani-Box up for sale on the Dutch vaping forum thinking it would be a quick sell but strangely enough no one is interested. Must be because it's not the titan version.
    The Titan No 6 is on my waiting list...

Reactions: drugarth

drugarth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2015
    Netherlands, groningen
    I put my blue Dani-Box up for sale on the Dutch vaping forum thinking it would be a quick sell but strangely enough no one is interested. Must be because it's not the titan version.

I did see that, but indeed the bleu color is just not for me...if it was Titan I would have snapped it up in a second...
    Strangely enough the bleu color is the only one sold out at the offical dutch supplier, so it seems a popular color....
    I would also have thought it would be gone quickly at the price you have it listed.

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014
    The blue is actually much nicer in person. It's a very classy shade of blue in between a light and dark blue. The device itself however is just to small for me. I actually like a somewhat larger mod. Oh well, this way I will have a solid back up should both my SX Mini's die on me.
    What was your price?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread