3 Samsung 25r5's in one day? kanger nebox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
On my facebook local vape group, the Kanger mods are the most being sold off or traded...

For me that kinda tells me something about them.

I go throught 3-4 batteries in a day on mine (TC60W eleaf) but I do puff quite a lot I guess (at sub-ohm 0.2 Ni200 @ TC 45W)

But I do find that the batteries are very inconsistent between them, I have some (2500) Aspire ones that last great, others much less, and the Samsungs ones are the same, and my LGs (3000) do appear to last a tiny big more, but nothing that would make me feel like I could last a day with just one.

Neiledward

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2016
Let me ask you guys this. The seller has offered to take it back and confirm the issue. If they can't confirm they will send the same nebox back. If they do concur they will replace it. Is it worth a shot or maybe this is just how nebox operates. I could try a few different types of atomizers first. I'm worried that if I start using the TC mode the battery life will be even worse. I've tried Sony vtc4's as well as the Samsung 25r5's. My nitecore charger seems just fine...

Neiledward

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2016
On my facebook local vape group, the Kanger mods are the most being sold off or traded...

For me that kinda tells me something about them.

I go throught 3-4 batteries in a day on mine (TC60W Eleaf) but I do puff quite a lot I guess (at sub-ohm 0.2 Ni200 @ TC 45W)

But I do find that the batteries are very inconsistent between them, I have some (2500) Aspire ones that last great, others much less, and the Samsungs ones are the same, and my LGs (3000) do appear to last a tiny big more, but nothing that would make me feel like I could last a day with just one.
I've also noticed that the Nebox seems to be on clearance sale on a few online vendors lately. Not a good sign

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Let me ask you guys this. The seller has offered to take it back and confirm the issue. If they can't confirm they will send the same nebox back. If they do concur they will replace it. Is it worth a shot or maybe this is just how nebox operates. I could try a few different types of atomizers first. I'm worried that if I start using the TC mode the battery life will be even worse. I've tried Sony vtc4's as well as the Samsung 25r5's. My nitecore charger seems just fine...

TC is supposed to actually improve battery life as it cuts the power once the coil reached the temperature.

I never tested between my modes I simply started to use TC and never looked back, to be honest.

Another thing you "could" do, spend a few $ and get another mod, give the batteries a test with it... Most vapers, tend to have at least 2 mods so to have a backup (others are just silly and collect them :p) Personally I'd consider the Eleaf Pico.. heck I'm considering it just for the fact that it's such a cute and tiny mod with so many freaking features on it!

Neiledward

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2016
I
TC is supposed to actually improve battery life as it cuts the power once the coil reached the temperature.

I never tested between my modes I simply started to use TC and never looked back, to be honest.

Another thing you "could" do, spend a few $ and get another mod, give the batteries a test with it... Most vapers, tend to have at least 2 mods so to have a backup (others are just silly and collect them :p) Personally I'd consider the Eleaf Pico.. heck I'm considering it just for the fact that it's such a cute and tiny mod with so many freaking features on it!
I'm always looking for something better. I quit cigarettes with a joyetech egrip and then moved on to an innokin cool fire IV plus. Nebox is my first replaceable battery mod. I like the all in one idea because I work construction and the tank isn't sticking off the top.... Aspire makes something like an all in one I saw. I dunno. It's hard to find exactly what I want in a mod.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I
I'm always looking for something better. I quit cigarettes with a joyetech egrip and then moved on to an innokin cool fire IV plus. Nebox is my first replaceable battery mod. I like the all in one idea because I work construction and the tank isn't sticking off the top.... Aspire makes something like an all in one I saw. I dunno. It's hard to find exactly what I want in a mod.
Did you see that Eleaf also makes an accessory that you can "flip" your tank over to the side.

iStick Bending Adaptor | Eleafworld

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas

Before you send it back I would suggest looking up Voltage Sag which I believe is what you're experiencing. Voltage isn't everything, it's part of a circle.

FormulaWheelElectronics.gif

While your batteries may still be showing nearly 3.6V on a volt meter if you're running a really low resistance coil and have a really high wattage set then the amp drain could be causing voltage sag, so your 3.6V batteries would instantly drop to 3.2V or lower the moment you press your fire button. Try holding the mod so you can see the display when the batteries are low but the indicator bar shows there is still some charge left. If you press the fire button and the indicator drops off to nothing then that is voltage sag. It's not a problem with the mod or batteries, it's just how electrical systems work.

Reactions: Neiledward

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
I use a nebox and don't have a problem with battery life but I vape lower watts have two friends that have them and vape like you and only use one to two batteries a day not sure but might be a defective mod or defective batteries all man made and mistakes happen and QC can be spotty.

Reactions: Neiledward

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
Samsung's quality control exceeds any mod manufacturer, if there is a problem it will be in the device.

My Cloupor Mini+ has an early'ish voltage cut off, I can pull the battery when it says dead and use it in my Apollo Reliant for a good while. I think this is what is happening here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread