Status
Not open for further replies.

TimboZero

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
France
It has been a while since I last posted a review, but here is a new one for you all to enjoy...

The Joyetech Cuboid Mini

MG_2450.jpg

TimboZero

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
France
Hello Nahian, thank you for your question.
Personally I like the notchcoils a lot, they work kind of like how flat kanthal does in rebuildables. It gives a greater surface area for a given resistance. More area means more heat touching your juice and so more efficient power use.
As for comparison between one product and another (particularly a crown tank which I haven't tested/reviewed) would be impossible. What I can say is that for the size/class of device it performs very very well in both cloud and flavour output. Personally (you might feel differently) I think the toptank with a ceramic ssocc and the cuboid with the notchcoil perform about the same, slightly tighter draw on the cuboid.

Hello Nahian, thank you for your question.
Personally I like the notchcoils a lot, they work kind of like how flat kanthal does in rebuildables. It gives a greater surface area for a given resistance. More area means more heat touching your juice and so more efficient power use.
As for comparison between one product and another (particularly a crown tank which I haven't tested/reviewed) would be impossible. What I can say is that for the size/class of device it performs very very well in both cloud and flavour output. Personally (you might feel differently) I think the toptank with a ceramic ssocc and the cuboid with the notchcoil perform about the same, slightly tighter draw on the cuboid.
Timbo Zero,
Thanks for the review.
Let me know another thing please, is there any spitback problem in this tank & coil ???

A little but less than most due to most of the pre-made coils having some kind of a 'spit guard' (the mesh top) on them.
Timbo Zero,
Thankyou very much for the informations,
Going to buy one very soon, not satisfied with the old 100W eleaf mod & Kanger toptank, need to try something new but potential.

Kandem

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2015
Nova Scotia Canada
The notchcoil doesn't even compare to the output of the crown. It is nice on the flavour side, but I found that any wattage past 50w I get a burnt cotton taste. I took my time ramping up the notchcoil slowly in order to break it in. The crown has immense dense flavour and cloud production. The cloud in the notch is sufficient and still satisfying. I did get a lot of hot lava spit back after filling the cuboid mini, to the point of severe frustration...but I tried a few things and found a good way to make it stop spitting rather quickly.

After filling the cuboid mini tank, open the air all the way if it isn't already, turn the cuboid mini upside down and blow hard through it with a tissue around the airflow area (to prevent mess). Clean off any extra that the tissue didn't gather. Now bump it up to 70 watts (which is the max rating for this coil). Fire without sucking on it for about 2-3 seconds. Blow it out upside down again. Bump down to 60 and this time give a lung inhale. If there is spit back it will only be minute and almost neglidgable. You might notice the burnt taste I spoke of earlier. Go down to 50 watts and enjoy the rest of the tank at that output without any burnt taste. I was ...... off so bad about the coil flooding and it took a bit of time and attempts to figure out a good method, but this has worked 4 times in a row now.

Btw I'm really enjoying the cuboid mini for its size and good amount of power available, and the big selling factor is that the tank doesn't leak with a change of pressurization in an aircraft. I'm a flight engineer and this was a must for me. I'm tired of always having to drip when I travel with a vape.

TimboZero

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
France
Great feedback and advice there Kandem, thanks for the opinions on the Crown as I have never tried it I couldn't answer that myself.
As for the de-flooding advice, I have to agree that would work. I tend to always have paper towel pieces around my desk (where I rebuild and refill etc.) so i just put a small piece into the coil (with the drip tip out) and that de-soaks it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread