Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Hi everyone,
Can i ask what is the sweet spot for the RS?
I'm using the W deck and not interested in temp control.
I'm interested in:
- wire diameter
- inner diameter of the coil
- number of wraps
- wicking3
- ohm range

For the moment i use 28 awg kanthal on a 3mm coiler wicked by original fiber freaks at 1.35 ohm, but i feel there's room for improvement.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I like a MTL vape so I use a 28g 7 wrap 3.0mm ID 1.6Ω coil with KGD at 11w.

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
W deck. My go to build. 3mm fused Clapton 27G or 27G kanthan twisted coil on 3mm. Clapton is at 0.35ohm and twisted at 0.4ohm. Found that for the first couple of drags I space it out and let the juice soak through the cotton. After that I can chain vape it down. Only use cotton bacon v2. Tried vapers cotton, kgd and got packs of some other sitting around. Found that cotton bacon v2 performs best for my vape style. Binned all my v1 the difference it too marked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Offic3

Apr 10, 2016
I like a MTL vape so I use a 28g 7 wrap 3.0mm ID 1.6Ω coil with KGD at 11w.
Thank you! I will give it a try tomorrow.
W deck. My go to build. 3mm fused Clapton 27G or 27G kanthan twisted coil on 3mm. Clapton is at 0.35ohm and twisted at 0.4ohm. Found that for the first couple of drags I space it out and let the juice soak through the cotton. After that I can chain vape it down. Only use cotton bacon v2. Tried vapers cotton, kgd and got packs of some other sitting around. Found that cotton bacon v2 performs best for my vape style. Binned all my v1 the difference it too marked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, but i use low wattage, what is described there seems to be interesting but i think requires higher wattages.
In any case thank you!
I did not tried any twisted wires so far. So ... i will give it a try.

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
It's the same price as the old squape reloaded though isnt it? £124.99 as was the old one when released.
Just trying To guage from other avid squape reloaded users and see if the changes are worth it.
Looks complicated which could be a good thing but I also think it looks stunning.

sent from my BlackBerry Priv

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
Reactions: Yonjuro

300fury

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
Rochester mn usa
I use a mesh wick, micro coil 1.2 ohms 19.5 watts. 400 mesh rolled solid, no dry hits awesome flavor. Coil diameter is 1 size larger drill bit then will lay in the w deck. The mesh is packed in tight and clipped at the edge of the deck. I think the squape reloaded and taifun gt perform as good or better as my gennies . Flavor might be a little less but they are great for mesh. Easy to maintain, no leaks no dry hits!!

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Back to the jumping ohms LOL

Well it started again with a vengeance - I ripped it down and gave it a few cycles in the ultrasonic cleaner and it was still all over the place, did the variations on how far out the 510 pin was and it was still going bonkers. I was ready to retire it for sure! When it works it is brilliant but when it doesn't it is infuriating.

But I think I have solved my problem.

I believe that a film gets coated on the pin from either the ematal deck or where it screws in. I used a pipe cleaning brush (not a normal pipe cleaner) it is similar to interdental brush. Using a little metal polish on the pipe brush I cleaned up all the contact points using like a screw going in the threaded area. I also had to really polish up the 510 pin as the dull grey coating wouldn't move easily. But metal polish did the trick. I believe this is oxidisation from the two different metal surface touching.

It's now working better than it ever has. Rock solid and no need for any new pin or aftermarket insulator, no need to mess around with how much or how little of the pin needs to stick out from the housing. The main point I believe, is not to just focus on the pin itself - I believe that oxidisation occurs in the housing that a normal clean, or even an ultrasonic clean won't completely remove. It needs to be carefully polished out with a mild abrasive (metal polish)

So... back to squaping :D

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Guys I'm using the squape with the W deck, but after 2-3 hits I get a dry hit (or a semi-dry hit, if I can call hit that). I've tried everything since fluffy cotton to rayon. After this, I ordered a the b-deck.

In youtube, the guys who made the videos about the b-deck put a lot (i mean, a lot really) of cotton in there. How much cotton do you put in yours b-deck?

What is the ratio of your liquid? I had a Squape R (S) and everything would be going great ( used the wick method in the link above ) then bam, a dry or drish hit. Turns out that when refilling the tank one will get an air bubble that sort of stick to the sides and with thick liquid it can sometimes just sit there and stop flowing.

Give it a tap till you see some air bubbles with filling and all should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread