Status
Not open for further replies.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Anyone else using the 0.5ohm Kanger coils having this issue? About every 2 minutes it's asking me 'new coil or same coil?' May be an issue with my new Ohman drip tip which stops before I feel like it's tight enough. Gonna try the original screw next and see if that makes a difference.

4877a6efa47805fc96912997d39c4732.jpg
Most likely your connection, the board is having trouble reading the resistance of the coil that is why it is asking.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Anyone else using the 0.5ohm Kanger coils having this issue? About every 2 minutes it's asking me 'new coil or same coil?' May be an issue with my new Ohman drip tip which stops before I feel like it's tight enough. Gonna try the original screw next and see if that makes a difference.

I had that problem with my Ohman tip at first, but then pulled out the tank and simply adjusted the Bridge. That was over a week ago, and no problems since.

It's likely SLIGHTLY shorter than the screw, so it just requires a bit more "Ooomph" (said the guy who knows absolutely NOTHING about this stuff).

"Oooomph." That's a technical term, yes?:blush:

Mackoy 09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey

DNA 40 checks for coil resistance in temp mode, make sure its off.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I was going to order a Sunbox Moonraker, but I'm still too hung up on the R4. They are in stock at vapinart if anyone is interested...

I've been tracking this one since the beta period, but I just can't bring myself to do it...

Maybe if I hadn't dropped such a dime on the Xvo(s), but I'm not letting those go, and even they don't top the Rev 4 (for me). VERY nice mod though - for sure.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I haz temp control turned off so is that why I've never seen that screen?

It can still happen. I've had it on four different DNA40's, even though TC is off.

Temperamental little bastiges, those chips. But I still like them, overall.

GrayMatter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2010
California
I haz temp control turned off so is that why I've never seen that screen?

Yes. By default the DNA40 comes with temperature protection turned on which enables the screen I posted earlier. However, the chip is smart enough to switch to power mode automatically when it detects you are not using a TC coil so there's no problems leaving it enabled.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
It can still happen. I've had it on four different DNA40's, even though TC is off.

Temperamental little bastiges, those chips. But I still like them, overall.

Thank ye Sir.. The only thing I've had happen once is I got a check atty connection (or something like that) so I screwed the Ohman down a little tighter and poof, it went away..

Yes. By default the DNA40 comes with temperature protection turned on which enables the screen I posted earlier. However, the chip is smart enough to switch to power mode automatically when it detects you are not using a TC coil so there's no problems leaving it enabled.

I always immediately turn it off since I am not interested in TC..

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
re: Uno

So I swapped out the cotton this morning and the juice I've been vaping is a coil gunker'up'er.

Usually I clean coils by leaving them on the mod, fire till it glows then dip in a cup of water. I do this a few times until the coil is clean.. Since this can't be done with the Uno and the BB I went a slightly different route.

I haz a small handheld torch from back then I use to roll and use SS mesh.. So this morning I removed the Uno, slid the old cotton out and held onto the base with my tweezers.. Fired up the torch and blazed away on the coil unit it glowed. Dipped in the glass of water and walla! Same result = a squeaky clean coil..

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
same thing happens from Dallas to here, (3 hrs to drive) gets here overnight if you send it first class.......takes at least 2 days if you send it priority! :rolleyes:

Dunno what I've missed, started to try to catch up, but just had to skip to the end. I had an amazing time!! Just a shame Uncle and I were too far apart to attempt a meet up, that would have been great!!
Paying an extra fee for storage to get a package you want now a few extra days later.

Gotta love commerce.

I found out about FedEx 3-5 day shipping in a similar fashion.

Would have been free and next day sent usps.

Couldn't locate company address on their website.

Paid the extra $30+.

Pleaded with FedEx for 4 days for them to open the container that was just across town.

They refused... said I paid for the privilege. :blink:

Tapatyped

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
re: Uno

So I swapped out the cotton this morning and the juice I've been vaping is a coil gunker'up'er.

Usually I clean coils by leaving them on the mod, fire till it glows then dip in a cup of water. I do this a few times until the coil is clean.. Since this can't be done with the Uno and the BB I went a slightly different route.

I haz a small handheld torch from back then I use to roll and use SS mesh.. So this morning I removed the Uno, slid the old cotton out and held onto the base with my tweezers.. Fired up the torch and blazed away on the coil unit it glowed. Dipped in the glass of water and walla! Same result = a squeaky clean coil..
A spare, empty tank would afford one dry firing capabilities on the uno.

Though timing would have to be pretty good.

Someone should request Bret make a 510 adapter the uno can slip into.

Tapatyped

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I thought about using a spare tank but that would be a hassle and time consuming. I generally need to heat up the coil 3 or 4 times and dip each time to get all the gunk off. With a tank you'd need to assemble the Uno, inset into tank fire, remove from tank, blow junk and keep doing that until it's clean..

A 510 adapter would work too.. I got my little handheld torch from Lowes for like $5.. It worked well today and since the Uno is already out to change the cotton, it went really fast and smooth..

Even if Bret made a 510 adapter I think I'd stick with the torch method.. :D

Mackoy 09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey

This is true. It wont have an issue, but sometimes would just ask if you have a new coil or not. ;)

GrayMatter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2010
California
Looks like both Flip versions on BB site are sold out and no longer listed..
Yep. Saw them come down this morning. I wonder if there will be another release of them? I didn't remember them showing as "no can haz" but I prolly missed that change.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
DNA 40 checks for coil resistance in temp mode, make sure its off.

The only DNA chip that ever annoyed me (consistently) with the constant questioning of my coil being up or down was a DNA klown chip in an adorable, but otherwise non-preferable mod.

I have never had this experience once with my B Box4. :)

Mackoy 09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey
The only DNA chip that ever annoyed me (consistently) with the constant questioning of my coil being up or down was a DNA klown chip in an adorable, but otherwise non-preferable mod.

I have never had this experience once with my B Box4. :)

I have 5 Evolve DNA 40 mods and non of them checks my coil resistance outside temp mode :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread