GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Perseas, I've been using my new Heron v2/Ultem with the older double hole topper on my Paps 4 for much of this past week. It was so solid, reliable and absolutely leak free, that I was about to order a Piccoloid to carry around as my portable in-the-pocket vape, something I would never do unless I used a readymade coil. And then the problems started. Out of the blue I started to get heavy leaking during a bout of heavy vaping (usually the result of watching a gripping TV episode!). So the next day, I cleaned up, re-filled and started again. Now I was getting dry hits. Everything seemed fine with the wick. I had originally wicked using Qorax's video as a reference. So I replaced the topper with the newer single hole version, re-wicked using Qorax's new topper video as a guide again, and.......still dry hits. I checked and juiced up the wick again. This time it was fine, but I guess only until I dried/vaped out the wick and then dry hits again.

What's going wrong? Is my wick too long? Too dense? FYI I'm using 70 VG juice and cotton. Seek your comments and advice.

The solution is simple: your cotton is too dense for 70/30 VG/PG juice. Leave the tails short, about 0,5 mm and you'll be fine. Try to do this with the updated topper. When you encounter dry hits, no need to make a new wick; just pull out a few cotton threads from above and check again.

Vaper Bob

Nov 27, 2015
London, UK
The solution is simple: your cotton is too dense for 70/30 VG/PG juice. Leave the tails short, about 0,5 mm and you'll be fine. Try to do this with the updated topper. When you encounter dry hits, no need to make a new wick; just pull out a few cotton threads from above and check again.

Ok, so I thinned out the wick tails and shortened them. And it's done the trick! Many thanks Perseas.

Now a question about the newest Piccoloid: Does it come supplied with filler material? And does that further ensure no leakage since I would use it as an everyday portable? How often would I need to change the filler? And how much does it reduce the Spheroid Ultem tank capacity?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Ok, so I thinned out the wick tails and shortened them. And it's done the trick! Many thanks Perseas.

Now a question about the newest Piccoloid: Does it come supplied with filler material? And does that further ensure no leakage since I would use it as an everyday portable? How often would I need to change the filler? And how much does it reduce the Spheroid Ultem tank capacity?
Hi,

1. Yes, the Piccoloid comes with a pack of filler. In any case drop a request in the order comment to place in some more.

2. Yes, the filler mode is practically leak-proof under all conditions, including altitude variations.

3. You may not need to replace the filler for a year+ (under normal use). Just rinse the piece once a while and reuse is all over again. If the Spheroid is the "only" atty that you'd use ~ then the filler might need a replacement once every 4-5 months. Btw, even for changing flavors you don't need to replace the filler. The same used one when rinsed under lukewarm water refreshes it completely.

4. Filler in the ULTEM tank might not look good.

Good luck.

Vaper Bob

Nov 27, 2015
London, UK
Hi,

1. Yes, the Piccoloid comes with a pack of filler. In any case drop a request in the order comment to place in some more.

2. Yes, the filler mode is practically leak-proof under all conditions, including altitude variations.

3. You may not need to replace the filler for a year+ (under normal use). Just rinse the piece once a while and reuse is all over again. If the Spheroid is the "only" atty that you'd use ~ then the filler might need a replacement once every 4-5 months. Btw, even for changing flavors you don't need to replace the filler. The same used one when rinsed under lukewarm water refreshes it completely.

4. Filler in the ULTEM tank might not look good.

Good luck.

Thank you for all of that Qorax. Yes I realise the Ultem would not look good with the filler. In fact IMO the Piccoloid would look best all stainless steel, filler or not. Just have to get used to starting my day without knowing how much juice I'm setting out with.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Thank you for all of that Qorax. Yes I realise the Ultem would not look good with the filler. In fact IMO the Piccoloid would look best all stainless steel, filler or not. Just have to get used to starting my day without knowing how much juice I'm setting out with.
Before starting out, just make a habit of dropping a few droplets onto the filler every day. Refilling the Spheroid/s is pretty easy you see. And in any case, being under 3ml ~ you may be resorting to at least one midway refill when out-of-home. Thus, you'd be carrying a mini bottle anyway if not two Spheroids.

landman2k1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
McKinney, Texas
Before starting out, just make a habit of dropping a few droplets onto the filler every day. Refilling the Spheroid/s is pretty easy you see. And in any case, being under 3ml ~ you may be resorting to at least one midway refill when out-of-home. Thus, you'd be carrying a mini bottle anyway if not two Spheroids.

+1
I've found in my travels that one 18500 battery is about 1 tanks worth, so I've just made it a habit of topping off at every battery change.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

As Qorax said, I have nothing more to add, just I have noticed a AW 14500 battery lasts one refill with 1,4-1,6Ω, 2,5mm coil using 28 or 32 gauge Kanthal and 50/50 VG/PG.

Vaper Bob

Nov 27, 2015
London, UK
As Qorax said, I have nothing more to add, just I have noticed a AW 14500 battery lasts one refill with 1,4-1,6Ω, 2,5mm coil using 28 or 32 gauge Kanthal and 50/50 VG/PG.

Perseas, the Heron v2 on my Paps 4 is performing so well now! The Piccoloid v2 order is placed!

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thank you. I had wanted to ask that very question about the 14500 battery.

You're welcome! It is an important question. I am an avid vaper, I vape 7-10ml per day, so the new AW IMR 14500 batteries will last about 45-60 minutes and 75-100% of one refill of 2,5 ml GVC with the above configuration.

Vaper Bob

Nov 27, 2015
London, UK
You're welcome! It is an important question. I am an avid vaper, I vape 7-10ml per day, so the new AW IMR 14500 batteries will last about 45-60 minutes and 75-100% of one refill of 2,5 ml GVC with the above configuration.
But they are not easy to find. Where would you suggest for delivery to UK?

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
But they are not easy to find. Where would you suggest for delivery to UK?

Check this : AW IMR14500 3.7V 700mAh and the French Amazon (delivers to UK) as well : AW IMR 14500 - 700 mAh I am not sure if the 700 mAh is genuine. Last year, I purchased a few AW 650 mAh 14500 batteries from UK, which replaced my older ones at 600 mAh, which were in production until 2013 .

I can also find the previous version (2013). Maybe they use old photos, but all these sellers have genuine AW IMR 600 mAh 14500 batteries:

Genuine AW IMR High Drain LiMn Lithium Manganese Batteries 14500

1 x AW IMR HIGH DRAIN 14500

AW IMR 14500 Battery

Baterías AW - IMR 14500 - Feliz Vapeo - Cigarrillos electrónicos

Finally, I found the new ones here: AW IMR14500 Li-Ion Akku 3.7V / 650mAh NEU Lithium-Ionen Akkus 14500 AW

Vaper Bob

Nov 27, 2015
London, UK
Check this : AW IMR14500 3.7V 700mAh and the French Amazon (delivers to UK) as well : AW IMR 14500 - 700 mAh I am not sure if the 700 mAh is genuine. Last year, I purchased a few AW 650 mAh 14500 batteries from UK, which replaced my older ones at 600 mAh, which circulated until 2013 .

I can also find the previous version (2013). Maybe they use old photos, but all these sellers have genuine AW IMR 600 mAh 14500 batteries:

Genuine AW IMR High Drain LiMn Lithium Manganese Batteries 14500

1 x AW IMR HIGH DRAIN 14500

AW IMR 14500 Battery

Baterías AW - IMR 14500 - Feliz Vapeo - Cigarrillos electrónicos

I'm playing it safe and just ordered the older AW IMR 600mAh version. At least until I read somewhere that the 700 mAh versions advertised are genuinely the updated specs for the 14500s.

Reactions: Cucco

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I'm playing it safe and just ordered the older AW IMR 600mAh version. At least until I read somewhere that the 700 mAh versions advertised are genuinely the updated specs for the 14500s.

The 650 mAh ones (2015 version) I bought are genuine, take a look also here:
AW IMR14500 Li-Ion Akku 3.7V / 650mAh NEU Lithium-Ionen Akkus 14500 AW

I have found listings for 700 & 750 mAh, but the genuine ones I know are 600 mAh (2013 version) & 650 mAh (2015 version) . Someone may correct me if I am wrong about the versions with increased mAh.

The reasons I encourage you to seek for AW IMR 14500 batteries are their great longevity (500+ charging cycles) and their high C, both factors are crucial for vaping and especially for the Piccolo/Piccoloid: they offer longer vaping times and powerful vaping experience from such tiny devices :)

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Hi people..

Just got hold of a Paps V4 with 18500 tube in the classies in UK. Having a problem with it continuously firing. The switch has been cleaned and reassembled correctly (I think). I suspect the battery is the problem. I think I have the standard length bottom brass contact screw and have been trying AWT 18500s and in desperation, a nipple-top efest from my Taifun Eye. Both pretty much have the same problem. I noticed that they both have a slight extension of the negative end ie they arent completely flat so I think they are making continuous contact.

I have a couple of questions then

1. Will the short version screw solve the problem?
2. Which decent 18500s have a flat bottom

Also a question specifically for @perseas - Can I get the standard spares kit that ships with the Paps V4 from GP - as mine doesnt have any spares at all :( ? Its not obvious from the vapourart web site..

Thanks all!

steve

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hi people..

Just got hold of a Paps V4 with 18500 tube in the classies in UK. Having a problem with it continuously firing. The switch has been cleaned and reassembled correctly (I think). I suspect the battery is the problem. I think I have the standard length bottom brass contact screw and have been trying AWT 18500s and in desperation, a nipple-top efest from my Taifun Eye. Both pretty much have the same problem. I noticed that they both have a slight extension of the negative end ie they arent completely flat so I think they are making continuous contact.

I have a couple of questions then

1. Will the short version screw solve the problem?
2. Which decent 18500s have a flat bottom

Also a question specifically for @perseas - Can I get the standard spares kit that ships with the Paps V4 from GP - as mine doesnt have any spares at all :( ? Its not obvious from the vapourart web site..

Thanks all!

steve

Hello Steve :)

The GP PAPS 4.0 comes with a GP fork, one extra switch spring, one spare negative post for batteries with protruded negative pole, 2 different insulators for various batteries and 3 pins to facilitate the operation of any battery out of specs. All these make Paps able to handle over 40 brands of batteries in all sizes. The firing problems you encounter would be solved easily, if you had the spares in the first place. Send an email to info@vapourart.com and on Monday we'll find a solution, no worries. We need a proof of purchase from the first owner or a confirmation email from him regarding the transference of ownership for warranty purposes (Terms and Conditions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread