What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
www.guttermouthelectronics.com
I actually found the way goats will "push" you to be part of their charm. I absolutely loved and hated that old girl at the same time. She was one of my all time favorite 4 legged friends. I think truly taking care of something that can't be manipulated into liking you is a worthwhile experience. You certainly learn to hold your temper and I gained a bit of perspective on life in general from that old bat. I would be ok with more horn in the kneecap greetings but I just couldn't take any more loss at this point.
hahahahahaha!!! goats inspire futile empathy. hah!!! too funny.....

the loss thing is rough with any pet - i'm truly sorry to hear it.

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
It was a super busy weekend for me and I evidently overdid it. I felt like I got run over by a truck this morning and then they backed up. I am having a very productive day at work though. I've gotten a lot done but am starting to crash now. Two more hours to go.

speaking of running :
are you still doing the treadmill thing ? how goes it?

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
Now first things first. Don't overdo it Gutter. I'm hoping I didn't unleash the monster. :w00t: Don't feel you have to post every day, just pop in when you feel like saying hey. However, if you disappear too long, I'll come and get ya, I know where you live. :headbang::headbang::headbang: BTW, not nearly that kind of crazy eyes. :eek:

Well, I've landed at home home tonight. I made a quick stop, well not so quick, at the Can-Am dealer to see what I'd have to do to get an appointment to get the inspction done. As I was heading there, it hit me that they might do the transfer for me also and I was semi-in luck. They did the whole thing, but not until someone that was buying a bike got through with the notary/insurance agent/deal administrator. The guy was buying a bike that out the door was close to $8k. He put $2k on his credit card and maxed it out. Then pulled out a stack of $20s to pay for the rest. That took a while to count and recount.

I joked about it with the notary and asked her if that happens often. She said occasionally, but usually they come in with $100s. She did say the worst she ever had was when she worked for a car dealer and some woman bought an Audi.
The woman owned a bar and came in with a bag full of money, all different denominations and in all different states of repir, down to $1 bills. She also said the money smelled like beer. The woman handed her the bag and started walking out. She told her she'd have to stay for the count. The lady said she wasn't worried, there was enough in the bag, in fact more and she was going out for a smoke.

FC, "I think truly taking care of something that can't be manipulated into liking you is a worthwhile experience." So you're saying the last 16 years for me is somehow a worthwhile experience. At least she doesn't push me like a goat. :glug:

Good to hear you made it home in one piece,el hefe.i may have to put you on the "random 4 am text messages " list,just to ensure maximum pestitude.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    speaking of running :
    are you still doing the treadmill thing ? how goes it?

I'm still doing the treadmill thing. Last summer I was up to 5k but fell off the wagon over the holidays so now I'm just doing a mile or two 3-4 times a week with a little bit of weights. I just try to do enough to feel good and keep the arthritis in my leg at bay. I'll never be ripped or anything. I just want to try to keep from being a blob. As I get older it's hard to keep the belly under control.

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Tn
    I'm still doing the treadmill thing. Last summer I was up to 5k but fell off the wagon over the holidays so now I'm just doing a mile or two 3-4 times a week with a little bit of weights. I just try to do enough to feel good and keep the arthritis in my leg at bay. I'll never be ripped or anything. I just want to try to keep from being a blob. As I get older it's hard to keep the belly under control.

man, i had my first real ride of the season tonight - the rate at which your body blobifies is just mindblowingly fast (so much so that i've been afraid to step on the scale here lately).i did about 13 mostly highway miles tonight in just a hair shy of 45 minutes and i was pushin it the whole time - back in october i could rip out 15 miles in about 40 minutes and just barely break a sweat. need to find someone to report to to keep on top of it this season. i'm sure i'll feel like i've been run over by a truck tomorrow and then day after will be time to do it again. yay....

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Speaking of getting run over by a truck, I feel like it today. We went to a banquet with my youngest daughter yesterday after working at home painting and putting molding back in place. I ate something that didn't agree with me and it kept me up with stomach cramps half the night. The hard headed idiot that I am, I went ahead and came to work. I was thinking about going ahead and leaving early. I'll see how I feel in another hour or so.

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Tn
    Rumors swirling that tomorrow is Deeming Regulations Day in the e cig world.

ugh.ugh.ugh.
    i learned to make my own e-juice a while back.guess as long as they don't outlaw batteries and vg, i'm all good.

well, other than living in a nanny state country that can't seem to mind it's own business about anything these days.
    you would think the outrage in california over the whole legal smoking age fiasco would be bigger news.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I wonder what they'll do about unflavored nic in bulk. I'm pretty stocked up right now but don't want the supply cut off. I make my own too and have enough equipment to last forever. I don't see how they could do anything about batteries or wire.

Reactions: Guttermouth

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Looks like they're even trying to regulate 0 nic liquid, as its "a component or part of a tobacco product."

Someone warn the food industry! FDA gonna regulate frosting! Better warn cosmetic companies too, hand lotion prices gonna skyrocket!

I sure hope this industry has their act together and sues these azzes. Government out of control.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    2007 was the date used when Congress granted control over tobacco products to the FDA. Therefore, when the FDA deemed e cigarettes to be tobacco products, a ludicrous position, the FDA is using that 2007 date as their demarcation date. They've even deemed nicotine free liquid to be a tobacco product if it is intended for use in an e cig.

I don't know how many billion dollars this industry is not or what portion of the number is non-major tobacco money, but they better have a legal game plan or a lot of people in the industry are going to be looking for jobs.

If I were part of the industry, I'd be having my lawyers fight the hardware side of the battle. There is no life for the industry outside of big tobacco if the regulations aren't overturned.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Since most of this stuff is made in China I wonder how they will regulate that. I know they can regulate sales here but they can't stop and open every package from China. It's sure going to be interesting to see how this really works out. I'm going to order another liter of 100mg soon.

Users who are viewing this thread