Ikenvapers Chat (the door is open for EVERYBODY! Come on in.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I hope so too Fran.
As long as I'm here and it's (ahem) I might as well say:

Bannana-Good-Mornin_zpsmxtemakq.gif

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Bo I'm sure they got good data because luckily this was one of the mornings I woke up with that God awful headache. That was my main concern but it doesn't happen every night.

I don't know the whole story so apologies if this has been covered already. But:

BP? I would rarely get the most god awful (make you puke) headache. Similar symptoms to a migraine but... The final time I ended up at the ER and when they checked my blood pressure was in triple digits over triple digits. (Insanely high.) Within seconds of applying IV blood pressure meds the headache (and the high BP) backed off and then disappeared.

Been on fairly low dose BP meds ever since - and I haven't had a headache since - been years now. They have no idea what triggered the runaway BP event but consistently taking the meds is working. My normal BP checks have never been remarkable so this did not stand out as something to even be considered until that headache landed me in the ER.

The other thing I'm wondering is if they have done a head/neck CT scan to check for spine issues at the base of the skull. One of those "Doctor, it hurts if I do this" kind of scenarios.

:2c:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I don't know the whole story so apologies if this has been covered already. But:

BP? I would rarely get the most god awful (make you puke) headache. Similar symptoms to a migraine but... The final time I ended up at the ER and when they checked my blood pressure was in triple digits over triple digits. (Insanely high.) Within seconds of applying IV blood pressure meds the headache (and the high BP) backed off and then disappeared.

Been on fairly low dose BP meds ever since - and I haven't had a headache since - been years now. They have no idea what triggered the runaway BP event but consistently taking the meds is working. My normal BP checks have never been remarkable so this did not stand out as something to even be considered until that headache landed me in the ER.

The other thing I'm wondering is if they have done a head/neck CT scan to check for spine issues at the base of the skull. One of those "Doctor, it hurts if I do this" kind of scenarios.

:2c:
I had a TIA one time (that I know of) so I am concerned about the blood vessels in the back at the base of my head. That is one of the causes and where my headache originates. If I massage that area they get better and they are the ones you are afraid to move because they are excruciating. I've taken everything to know avail. That's why I was glad one happened during that test. It might show why I get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread