Not open for further replies.

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
entry #1 #My understanding on TC Tech
The TC feature of your mod allows you to pre-set a value that your coil temperature will not exceed.When the TC feature detects that the coil hits your pre-set temperature value, it acts as a limiter and will adjust, restrict, or cut-off the power to the coil until the temperature falls below your pre-set temperature value.TC keeps your coil temperature at a fixed rate but also love the ceramic coils to in wattage mode.trying out the stainless steel,no nickel,tungsten or titanium for me...

Reactions: AlmightyEvan

Bo8ka

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2016
#My understanding on TC Tech 4
Vaptio place a sensor inside of the coil instead of detecting the resistance of the coil itself. The temperature control has never been delivered so accurate.
This decision has long suggested itself. Now I can use any coil for TC!

Coolloser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2015
I really stayed away from temp control because I simply didn't have the equipment for it. Even when I got the UD Simba with SS coils, I didn't have a mod to power it. Fortunately my sister hooked me up with a topbox mini to try it out. CoilArt hooked me up with TC coils for my subtank/toptank and now i have so many options!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
#My understanding on TC tech
Fundamentally TC lets you set a target coil temperature which helps avoid a dry hit if you aren't getting good enough wicking (or are just plain low on liquid in your tank).

In vw mode the mod will always pump out the set Watts -- if there isn't enough eliquid being vaporized the coil itself gets very hot, you can char/burn the wick. In TC mode, the PV cuts back power automatically so you don't exceeded the set temperature.

Last edited:

AlmightyEvan

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2016
Shanghai, China
www.heavengifts.com
#my tc story.
First was a tesla 200, nickel worked on it but i have an allergy and it makes my throat itchy, plus i hate that taste of metal i got with it. Then that crapped out about the same time got my vtc mini. Titanium made me nervous.Then i learned about stainless tc. Been running it since(about 4 months now), in every thing. Mechs included. Drippers ,subtank minis, now a conqueror (thanks @AlmightyEvan ) and a theorem.

It seems SS is the most choice

AlmightyEvan

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2016
Shanghai, China
www.heavengifts.com
#My understanding on TC Tech or #My TC story - not sure which
I have not yet tried TC although I am intrigued.
I coil with kanthal, wick with rayon and with my current set ups I never have dry hits or burnt coils.
But I would like to try it if it is Simple.

TC is not only for burnt-proof, also for flavor....

AlmightyEvan

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2016
Shanghai, China
www.heavengifts.com
entry #1 #My understanding on TC Tech
The TC feature of your mod allows you to pre-set a value that your coil temperature will not exceed.When the TC feature detects that the coil hits your pre-set temperature value, it acts as a limiter and will adjust, restrict, or cut-off the power to the coil until the temperature falls below your pre-set temperature value.TC keeps your coil temperature at a fixed rate but also love the ceramic coils to in wattage mode.trying out the stainless steel,no nickel,tungsten or titanium for me...

Now TC has some further development...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread