I Need help with builds using 30 gauge Kanthal

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
I'm fairly new to dripping so when I decided to start building my own coils I did not know what wire gauge to use so I just guessed and ordered 24,26,28,30 gauge each has 100ft on the spool. After awhile I found my sweet spot using a 5 wrap 26 gauge duel coil coming out to .4 oHm. I have found various builds both single and duel coils using the other gauges but for the life of me I cant think of anything to build with the 30 gauge wire:lol:! I was hoping everyone can give me some ideas on builds using the 30 guage. I really like duel coils but I'm open to all suggestions but I don't like to go below .3 and so far I Only know how to make single and duel coils. I have 3 RDAs (Mutation X V4, Fishbone RDA, The Madd Hatter) So I only have experience with 3-4 post designs any suggestion will defiantly be appreciated:thumbs:

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I really enjoy my 30g zipper (non flattened) and it's fairly easy to build, though time consuming:

1. 3 strands, individually twisted clockwise. Then, those three strands twisted together, counter clockwise
2. 3 strands, individually twisted counterclockwise. Then, those three strands twisted together, clockwise
3. then take these 2 and wrap them parallel.
Repeat steps 1-3 for dual coils

Mine came out to .3 (dual coils) with 4 or 5 wraps. The vape is outta this world!! You can see it via Youtube from twisted messes:

Reactions: sonicbomb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread