Nautilus mini noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
No sweeteners listed on the bottle but less than a 30ML bottle clogged a coil that it cooked. I also find that creams and custards tend to be hard on coils in the Nautilus Mini also. But letting off the power while continuing to draw helps by sort of a prime for the next draw.
When I started mixing last August my motives were to save money and hedge my bet on vapocalypse. It turns out there are other benefits worth more than the money saved. I've learned to use the leaat amount of flavor I can taste, which happens to be 1.5% with the partiular flavor I favor. If I get a leak my cloths don't smell. Bystanders barelly notice any odor in the air. My coils hardly gunk up and seem to last indefinitely. I like to rewick about twice a week. When I do the cotton under the coil is barely discolored but it seems to improve throat hit. And you don't need to experiment with flavors, just dilute your favorite pre mix 25/75. Once you adjust to the more subtle taste it will be fine, may be even better than before.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I do not dilute premixed, I mix my own DIY recipes and do not make clones. I might create a recipe with flavor combinations but not trying to recreate any store bought e-Liquids. I mix for flavor and I try not overdo the flavors but when I get creative I can make some flavorful creations. If you are diluting premixed you might as well vape plain flavorless VG/PG/Nicotine liquid in my opinion.

Kimmyvapes

May 8, 2016
Georgia, US
I do not dilute premixed, I mix my own DIY recipes and do not make clones. I might create a recipe with flavor combinations but not trying to recreate any store bought e-Liquids. I mix for flavor and I try not overdo the flavors but when I get creative I can make some flavorful creations. If you are diluting premixed you might as well vape plain flavorless VG/PG/Nicotine liquid in my opinion.
Just ordered my DIY supplies after stalking and reading DIY subreddit for a few days lol I went from having a little 50 dollar vape set up to spending over 500 on DIY coil, juice, and new hardware. Sheesh, I hope I'm good for the next 5+ years lol

Beakerrrr

Jul 15, 2015
Try the new Triton Mini 1.8 Clapton coils. They fit and vape way, wayyyyy better in the Nautilus Mini than the BVC coils. And I use Ripe Vapes VCT juice in 12mg. Perfect flavor for the Nautilus (especially after it ages for a week or so).

I've had my Nautilus Mini for a long time. The sub ohm stuff is great all (The Aspire Cleito with the new stainless TC compatible coils rules) but I still love the Nautilus for when I want to carry around a smaller setup without the megaclouds in public.

Anyway, like every other tank I've used, a little bit of juice collects in the base (airflow control area) under where the coil screws in with my Nautilus. It gets all over the spring part and probably affects the resistance reading. With the Nautilus it turns dark though so I feel like it's "cooking" a bit too. Any way to avoid this? I usually spray it out with Duster then soak in soap (Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, simple with no added fragrance or anything). The soap is important because you'll taste the bitterant chemical from the Duster otherwise. (Learned that the hard way).

I think this may have something to do with the age of my Nautilus. I've had it for so long and used and abused it and smashed it in my pocket, etc. So maybe I just need a new one. The thing is basically indestructible but after a few years of abuse anything will show it's age.

I feel like the Nautilus is inappropriately deemed a "noob tank" but they're still popular because people who "sub-ohm" don't want to blow big clouds in public all the time. So it's still popular I believe. And since it's popular, they need to make a damn top fill one already!!

Edit: This post became long and rambling. Sorry :(

Last edited:

Beakerrrr

Jul 15, 2015
They do make a new Nautilus with a Top Fill. I think it is the Nautilus X? Not 100% sure on that though.

First google result was a spaceship haha. But it looks like a totally different tank with different coils.

Since I'm using the Triton Mini 1.8 Claptons in my Nautilus Mini. I'm wondering if the Triton Mini (which is top fill) would work like the Nautilus if I closed the airflow down. I'm torn between ordering that or another Nautilus. The Cleito is my first top fill tank and I have now realized how many minutes of my life I've wasted. (Not to mention the bull.... where the coil head stays connected to the chimney instead of base when unscrewing sometimes...)

Kimmyvapes

May 8, 2016
Georgia, US
I'm wondering if the Triton Mini (which is top fill) would work like the Nautilus if I closed the airflow down. )
Triton Mini should have just been named Nautilus mini V2 ... Seriously lol
I love my Triton mini, with AFC closed down you get the MTL you know and love from the nauti mini but with the added bonus of Top Fill! I don't think you would be disappointed one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread