Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
@skates89us

I feel for you. It took me 2 months to tolerate cig-a-likes.

By the time I bought an eGo kit, I was able to vape cough free.

It took me a year to vape at 9 watts.

....last year, as an experiment, I vaped at 100w. :eek:

- - -

You can see why I don't call 50w mods 'beginner' devices.

- - -

Please keep trying. Work on that inhaling technique, young Jedi. :thumb:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Thank you again so much. I put this thing together today and I have been vaping with it for half the night and I had to put it down the coughing is intolerable. I had to have a cigerette, no way can I tolerate whatever it is I have here. I am coughing even after I stop and this is why I stopped doing this. I appreciate your response because that is what im gonna do. Im gonna find a shop that lets me test this stuff like you mentioned and this way I can find something way less harsh. There is absolutely no way I can smoke this stuff I have but I am not gonna quit I am gonna do just like you suggested. I want it to be enjoyable. If I could tolerate it and its enjoyable then i wont need another ciggy. I just got back on to check my messages and I want to thank everyone including yourself for this very valuable information. I will be sure to check in and let everyone know what goes on. Like you mentioned it is supposed to be enjoyable let me tell you this is not enjoyable at all. Thanks again I will be researching this I hope i find the solution tomorrow or my next chance to hit a vap shop

Oh one other thing I would not know the difference between lung vaping or mouth to lung vaping or what sub ohm stuff is. Im totally new here lol I have a tank on my e cig that I do know

Yay You! You are going to figure this out, and you are going to love vaping. I suspect that since you are coming off of analog cigarettes, you are a mouth to lung vaper. That's how most people smoke analogs. There's nothing wrong with either vaping style, but if you are trying to mouth to lung vape, you need to have the right e cig device and juice to make it most enjoyable. The same is true for direct lung inhaling -- you need the right device and juice to get maximum enjoyment from that as well.

Yes! Please come back and update us!! Good luck!

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Your device may not be working properly and you don't have the experience to know. There should be no acrid, harsh, burning flavor at all, and if there is it must be fixed. That would be the result of pushing a small tank and coil too hard, or poor wicking due to thick ejuice, or just worn out. OTOH you could have a high output device running too low, which results in too large of vapor droplets and is also irritating. Another possible issue with higher output devices with high airflow is they actually expect you to pull through that much air. Since you never said what you have, I'm covering near opposites here.

Smoking produces tiny cuts in your throat, so until you can reduce smoking it will be more irritating. Once when I was transitioning I was sick and couldn't vape a day, but once I could I noticed it was mostly about getting past the first drag, it doesn't get worse like smoking. Some techniques help: letting in a little air around the mouthpiece can cool the vapor and increase flavor. Avoid trying to vape right after smoking and if you dual use, don't switch back and forth a lot.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Your device may not be working properly and you don't have the experience to know. There should be no acrid, harsh, burning flavor at all, and if there is it must be fixed. That would be the result of pushing a small tank and coil too hard, or poor wicking due to thick ejuice, or just worn out. OTOH you could have a high output device running too low, which results in too large of vapor droplets and is also irritating. Another possible issue with higher output devices with high airflow is they actually expect you to pull through that much air. Since you never said what you have, I'm covering near opposites here.

Smoking produces tiny cuts in your throat, so until you can reduce smoking it will be more irritating. Once when I was transitioning I was sick and couldn't vape a day, but once I could I noticed it was mostly about getting past the first drag, it doesn't get worse like smoking. Some techniques help: letting in a little air around the mouthpiece can cool the vapor and increase flavor. Avoid trying to vape right after smoking and if you dual use, don't switch back and forth a lot.

This is such good information. I had no clue about all of this. I'm impressed!

skates89us

May 15, 2016
    Ok well I went to the vap store and purchased a new battery ( not that I had a bad battery but it was not working with my tank properly ) . I got a new wick or some tiny thing with the wick in it that screws into the tank. They pre soaked it with the new juice I got also which is pure lighting sherbert flavor 70 vg and 30 pg. I think I have a flue cough also but nevertheless I had this problem last time. So I can say the first hit i took cough but as time has gone on now much much much better. The new battery i got has adjustable voltage so that helps also but by nighttime i was able to take big puffs with no coughing at all. I get the occasional cough like when i first start morning but after that it is definitely way better. I had to smoke a good few analogs till I got everything right but even so i smoked less of them also. I probably smoked a pack in three days. I was smoking 30 cigs a day. Now that i for my ecig back working cause i lost charger and had to wait like 8 hours to get new one thats when I smoked I can get back down tro needing very few of them analogs hopefully to god. This is something I must do as I cannot afford to smoke any longer the way I have. This is such a big step for me and all the while getting the new juice etc new battery wick and all i was thinking about all the support I got from all of you on here and i want to thank each and everyone of you who commented and reached out. i read every comment and each had something I needed. The most encouraging aspect was the encouragement not to quit. That helped me tremendously. Again thank you everyone it is so much better being able to vap without the harsh crazy coughing. I will say the wick that was in my vap was about a year old and the juice was also so maybe this had something to do with it also. Nevertheless even new kit last time I had coughing bt now it seems to be a lot better. I will keep everyone posted and look to followup comments thanks again lets hope now I can be like many on here and quit for good

Thank You
    Mike Long Island

Reactions: salemgold

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Ok well I went to the vap store and purchased a new battery ( not that I had a bad battery but it was not working with my tank properly ) . I got a new wick or some tiny thing with the wick in it that screws into the tank. They pre soaked it with the new juice I got also which is pure lighting sherbert flavor 70 vg and 30 pg. I think I have a flue cough also but nevertheless I had this problem last time. So I can say the first hit i took cough but as time has gone on now much much much better. The new battery i got has adjustable voltage so that helps also but by nighttime i was able to take big puffs with no coughing at all. I get the occasional cough like when i first start morning but after that it is definitely way better. I had to smoke a good few analogs till I got everything right but even so i smoked less of them also. I probably smoked a pack in three days. I was smoking 30 cigs a day. Now that i for my ecig back working cause i lost charger and had to wait like 8 hours to get new one thats when I smoked I can get back down tro needing very few of them analogs hopefully to god. This is something I must do as I cannot afford to smoke any longer the way I have. This is such a big step for me and all the while getting the new juice etc new battery wick and all i was thinking about all the support I got from all of you on here and i want to thank each and everyone of you who commented and reached out. i read every comment and each had something I needed. The most encouraging aspect was the encouragement not to quit. That helped me tremendously. Again thank you everyone it is so much better being able to vap without the harsh crazy coughing. I will say the wick that was in my vap was about a year old and the juice was also so maybe this had something to do with it also. Nevertheless even new kit last time I had coughing bt now it seems to be a lot better. I will keep everyone posted and look to followup comments thanks again lets hope now I can be like many on here and quit for good

Thank You
    Mike Long Island

I'm so happy you are in a good place now with your vaping! Hopefully, you will get to the place that it won't make you cough at all. Thanks for your promise to keep us updated!! There are plenty of us here, who want this to work out for you!

Reactions: skates89us

skates89us

May 15, 2016
    Thank you so so so so much. You people are outstanding. I feel endebted to you as I can see this possibly saving my life now. Something just came over me and i realized the time had come where I need to quit but i could not just do it cold turkey.. Oh i did stop smoking for like 13 hours in between all this but then I caved in. OMG such a horrible habbit. This sherbet flavor is so nice and i feel better also after having a good decrease now in mow much cigs I have smoked. Telling you if it wasn't for this board and the help you guys gave me i might have given up. You should all be very proud of yourselves because I plan on doing this and I felt like I had friends behind me helping me who really cared and certainly knew my struggle. i will respond and reply to all posts and keep every one posted and also keep learning. So far so good and thank you again so much

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Thank you so so so so much. You people are outstanding. I feel endebted to you as I can see this possibly saving my life now. Something just came over me and i realized the time had come where I need to quit but i could not just do it cold turkey.. Oh i did stop smoking for like 13 hours in between all this but then I caved in. OMG such a horrible habbit. This sherbet flavor is so nice and i feel better also after having a good decrease now in mow much cigs I have smoked. Telling you if it wasn't for this board and the help you guys gave me i might have given up. You should all be very proud of yourselves because I plan on doing this and I felt like I had friends behind me helping me who really cared and certainly knew my struggle. i will respond and reply to all posts and keep every one posted and also keep learning. So far so good and thank you again so much

You are welcome! It makes me very happy to share the good news of vaping with people like you!! Keep up the good work! If other problems arise, let us know about it. We'll do our best to help.
    '

Reactions: skates89us

cheech226

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 6, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA. USA
    keep up the good work mike! it will take a while to find the best gear and juice to suit you. there is a whole lot of knowledge and good people here to help. read thru some of the threads and digest the ideas and info here. i was a smoker for over 40 years and quit right away with the proper gear and guidance i found on ecf.

skates89us

May 15, 2016
    You are welcome! It makes me very happy to share the good news of vaping with people like you!! Keep up the good work! If other problems arise, let us know about it. We'll do our best to help.
    '
    Thank you again and I definitely will keep in touch so far so good. I might try a little stronger nicotine as i have been on 6 and im thinking maybe 10 would be better but so far so good... smoking waaaaay less analogs.. I think i had three today, ok maybe four lol but this is definitely better

skates89us

May 15, 2016
    That is awesome news, Mike. So glad that things are working out for you :thumb:

Keep it up and you will be a non smoker in no time at all. Even cutting down will help you tremendously.
    It is awesome thank you so much Salem. It was words of encouragment from you guys when i was so frustrated that I was gonna be that one in a million who couldn't vap, that kept me going and now I am feeling a lot better. I did have four analogs today but that is down from 30 a day so Im very happy with this so far and thank you so much. Again it is people like yourself who I will never forget the help. We all help each other and I hope one day I can return the favor. I will keep everyone posted and up to date on things thanks again

Mike.

Reactions: salemgold

skates89us

May 15, 2016
    keep up the good work mike! it will take a while to find the best gear and juice to suit you. there is a whole lot of knowledge and good people here to help. read thru some of the threads and digest the ideas and info here. i was a smoker for over 40 years and quit right away with the proper gear and guidance i found on ecf.
    Thank you again such encouraging news and as always it helps so much in the struggle. Im not sure others who havent smoked can ever understand.. We need to breath to live

Reactions: cheech226

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Thank you again and I definitely will keep in touch so far so good. I might try a little stronger nicotine as i have been on 6 and im thinking maybe 10 would be better but so far so good... smoking waaaaay less analogs.. I think i had three today, ok maybe four lol but this is definitely better

You've got a good plan. Don't worry about continuing to smoke analogs while you are figuring things out. If, after a while of vaping 10 mg. juice, you still want to smoke analogs after a few days, you might want to increase your nic to 12, and so on and so on. The key is getting enough nicotine in your juice, so you don't need to smoke analogs at all.

salemgold

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    It is awesome thank you so much Salem. It was words of encouragment from you guys when i was so frustrated that I was gonna be that one in a million who couldn't vap, that kept me going and now I am feeling a lot better. I did have four analogs today but that is down from 30 a day so Im very happy with this so far and thank you so much. Again it is people like yourself who I will never forget the help. We all help each other and I hope one day I can return the favor. I will keep everyone posted and up to date on things thanks again

Mike.

I understand exactly what you are saying because almost 6 years ago, I was in your exact same place. Ready to give up completely. Back then things were much harder to learn and to use than they are now. I was a 2 pack a day smoker. That's how I know that you can do this. If I can do it, anyone can.

If I had not found ECF and the encouragement from the members here when I did, there is no doubt in my mind that I would have given up. Instead here I am. Six years later. Still smoke free. I too have always been grateful and trying to help others where I am able to. :thumb:

Markus747

May 27, 2016
    Thank you I am not going to give up that was encouraging to hear. I really appreciate that
    Just want to say - Good Luck Mike ! Stick with it, I am 5 weeks into my 'no to cigarette's' journey and it gets easier for me with each day of vaping. I actually prefer vaping now to smoking - I hope you have reached that point too. How much cooler do these things look than cigarettes. I find it helps to treat myself to another piece of kit once a week with some of the money I saved - a tank or drip tips, spare battery, a wrap for the mod - it all helps with motivation. Also I remind myself that us vapers WILL live longer with each day free from cigarettes. I hope it is going great for you and well done for even taking that 1st step - takes courage to drop the cigarettes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread