• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Just got my e-cig yesterday - Day 1 experience and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winster

May 11, 2016
Singapore
Hi Guys,

Am new here and been lurking on this forum for a couple of weeks gathering some info and jargon and what not whenever I have time.
My first post on SG Vapers though.

So I managed to get this e-leaf Mini stick 20 from the bay and after some assurance from the seller its arrived safely at my office at 3pm. I understand it was shipped in from HK but am not sure if this is a real eleaf or some Chinese made look alike. Anyways, i came with 3 20ml bottles of ejuice and some spears.

Took me a while to figure out the assembly but its was quite easy in the end. Made a quick trip to my office toilet cubicle to fit it on and get some juice into it too. Went downstairs and after looking around for a while i found a corner to quietly vap for the first time.
Too much smoke at the start so it probably irritates my throat but after a few tries it was manageable. But the damn think vaps. :thumb:.

However, i have a few worries,

How many puffs to take in and what if i over do it. Will the nicotine in my level rise and will create any problems.
Normally one smokes a cigarette and walks back, but when I vap am not quite sure when to stop. I don't yet feel that i had enough (equivalent of one cig) or too much. Not sure how that feeling is. Perhaps I will know after a while.
Last night I might have vaped 25 puff in one sitting. Wonder if the nicotine will affect me if I do so.

I am 37, smoke (until yesterday that is) about 15 sticks a day and started when I was 18. And why do i need to quit?
- Firstly we are trying for a baby. Not getting any younger and smoking makes it worse (am a guy).
- My fitness is really bad. Cannot run for long, so hardly get any exercise which makes me feel stiff and useless. Unlike those days where I was fit as hell.
- Lately smoking hasn't been giving me a lot of joy either. Lots of coughing, dry throat mouth and what not. It just doesn't feel right. But quitting ain't easy is it..

I may not like vaping as much as I like smoking but it does offer me a good enough substitute, which has thus far not made me jump out of my seat and smoke again.
Good or bad, I will know in a few days. But am super eager to pass my first smoke free day.

I will be really thankful for any advice, experiences.

W.

Vapers In The Mist

Unresolved Status
May 26, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Difference is the speed with which nic is delivered to the brain.

Vaping is slower. Cigarette floods your brain with the nic-flash in seconds. Chemicals in the tobacco smoke see to that. Take a few puffs from your vape and give it a few minutes. Your body will tell you when it's enough. Slight light-headedness.

Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor and alkaloid. Vaping isn't gonna change that. But it does away with all the other garbage associated with burning plant matter.

Might wanna read up on this :

Nicotine without smoke: Tobacco harm reduction

Took up vaping too - used to smoke about two packs a day

Can only tell you what it did to - or rather for - me :
Typical smokers cough disappeared after two weeks. Expect to cough up some gunk every now and then.
Sense of taste and smell returning
Can do a few flights of stairs without a paramedic standing by :)
Winter usually meant one or two colds/flus for me, haven't had a single one since I started vaping.
As I didn't change much else in my lifestyle I'd like to give vaping the credit for that too.
Oh, and once you don't smell like an ashtray, ladies like you better....means more kissing which leads to...
well, you might need to go shopping for diapers soon :)

And 'vaping for beginners' as search line on youtube should give you plenty of information.

forkie

Verified Member
Jan 10, 2016
Woodlands
Good advise above.

Basically dont get too worried about having too much vape compared to usual smoking.
The main concern is to use the vape to curb your desire to smoke.
When i had craving last time i just turned to my mod and puff n puff till i feel the craving is gone.
Currently 5months smoke free and my usual 1 side blocked nose had gone once the smoking stops.

Reactions: trippy_K82

a_e_u

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
here & now
Congrats on the decision to give vaping a go. As suggested by fellow vapers, do take a break and/or grab a drink when you start feeling a bit light-headed.

I'd also suggest trying different nicotine strengths if you can to see which better satisfies your needs & vaping preferences cos gear efficiency aside, not being able to tell when to stop or feeling unsatisfied may be signs of using a strength too low. :vapor:

Reactions: trippy_K82

Winster

May 11, 2016
Singapore
Guys, firstly many thanks for the experiences and importantly the results. It's helpful especially in relating to what one goes through with smoking. Everyone knows it's bad and all but the addiction is just too great to quite the habit.

It's been 24 hours since I last smoked a cigarette or rather since I started vaping. Thus far,

- Am not at all inclined to smoke a cigarette. Vaping is sufficient to fulfil that urge. In fact am beginning to hate the idea of smoking or rather feel releived I have an alternative option to go with. Think of all the coughing, clearing of throat, swollen tonsils, chest pain and I hate cigarettes even more.

Am Vaping a 6mg nicotine ejuice. I don't think I have an issue at the moment but I will be monitoring my urge to vape and the frequency. At the moment I allow myself to vape as I like and as Long as i like. Only fear I will run out of ejuice.

W.

Reactions: Steamix

avex30

Jan 4, 2016
i was same like u i start on 6 mg but mostly only US juices have the correct amount and also due to the cost of it. I alternate btw US juices and neighbour one (which always on the almost 0) side for abit. Now i think body adjusted so now i find 6mg too hash.

just my sharing may not be the same for everyone.

Guys, firstly many thanks for the experiences and importantly the results. It's helpful especially in relating to what one goes through with smoking. Everyone knows it's bad and all but the addiction is just too great to quite the habit.

It's been 24 hours since I last smoked a cigarette or rather since I started vaping. Thus far,

- Am not at all inclined to smoke a cigarette. Vaping is sufficient to fulfil that urge. In fact am beginning to hate the idea of smoking or rather feel releived I have an alternative option to go with. Think of all the coughing, clearing of throat, swollen tonsils, chest pain and I hate cigarettes even more.

Am Vaping a 6mg nicotine ejuice. I don't think I have an issue at the moment but I will be monitoring my urge to vape and the frequency. At the moment I allow myself to vape as I like and as Long as i like. Only fear I will run out of ejuice.

W.

botakchek

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Lion city
I feel you. It is my 10th day analog free now and I never felt better!

I had to apologise to my girlfriend after about the 5th day without analog's, I realise how smelly I would be after smoking and then kiss her!!! Was at a bus stop waiting for bus, these 2 guys were smoking nearby, I started to feel that analog smoke is pretty damn disgusting.. then these 2 guys walked right up in front of me, like 2ft away and holy .... the smell after smoking!!

Also, I burn through 2ML of 6mg US juice every 15min break I have at work, I think it is just about right :)

botakchek

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Lion city
Just started yesterday. Decided to try vaping in replacement for my 1 pack a day habit. So far, I'm burning through juice. When I'm out and in public places, I light a cigarette. Smoked 4 sticks today. Not that bad. Didn't really feel the urge for a cigarette when I have the mod with me in a private place.

Same as me when I just started vaping! I moved on to some large mods and that made me feel like lighting up an analog whenever I am outside... it wasn't until I got my nugget+kayfun combo that I rid myself of analogs for good. So portable, I can vape almost anywhere stealthily :)

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
Welcome to the world of vaping. Few things you gotta taken note of:

1. Vapor are very dehydrating due to humectant (a humectant is a molecule that tends to hold water strongly) properties of propylene Glycol (PG) Make sure to hydrate yourself plenty before any vaping session.

2. As with all electronic, safety is paramount. Do ensure that you are using quality batteries and have read up on the basics of coil building. Such tutorials are common on youtube.

3. Our country is still quite tough on ecig, so try not to draw attention to yourself

4. As per smoking law, DO NOT vape in non-smoking place (Toilet can be made exception in emergency craving) (But shopping center/Indoor food court/cinema are a big no-no)

5. Enjoy your vape

@Winster

crazyhendrix

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2016
Singapore
Same as me when I just started vaping! I moved on to some large mods and that made me feel like lighting up an analog whenever I am outside... it wasn't until I got my nugget+kayfun combo that I rid myself of analogs for good. So portable, I can vape almost anywhere stealthily :)

But you still have to whip it out. More portable? Still looking for places to vape safely. :D but my throat is happier after 2 days of minimum smoking. My nose is dripping though. Lol.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Day 2 for me. It's been years since I last went smoke free for 2 consecutive days. With a e-cig that was so easy.

Guys one question. Are those ejuice from our Neighbour safe? As in are they prepared under some sort of guidelines?

W.
I have a feeling there aren't any guidelines. :p

forkie

Verified Member
Jan 10, 2016
Woodlands
Not sure how to comment on the juice.
Most of supply definitely from the neighbor's end, cant really be choosy about that.
US juice aint cheap and accessible in long run for most folks. I do have a feeling most US juice are creamy base which anyway doesnt suit my taste.
For neighbor side juice you can try nasty juice, cloudniners, AJ vape, pretty much acceptable in taste for fruitty kind.
you dont feel much n fruitty which usually I am not much concern of nic but a good cloud is what satisfies me.
Stronger you might wana try Octobrew apple crumble creamy base which gives you good throat hit.

Winster

May 11, 2016
Singapore
Sounds good. Be heading to our neighbours side tomorrow so I might be able grab a few. If anyone is willing to share the name of the mall, level pls pm me (asking this way so am not being intrusive by messaging). Am not familiar with our Neighbours territory but my other half is.

I am getting used to 6mg nic. Seems alright but strangely am not Vaping a lot since last evening or rather the urge is quite Low. Neither is there that urge to smoke, which is good.

Throat is getting dry and itchy probably due to the purge process in the system, I don't know but it's a good feeling. ;)

W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread