Vaping at work. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketsuban

Feb 20, 2014
Equestria
I work in a call center, and I usually go vape out back with all the smokers during my breaks. I wouldn't dare vape inside, especially since it's not allowed and security watches over the place like a hawk.

Usually they don't care about people vaping near the doors though, but smokers they do... and with the security camera, one day, when I had a white iTaste VV and one of the kanger mini tanks (I forget what it was called), I guess since it was white, long and thin they thought it was a cigarette so someone told me over the loudspeaker to stop. :/

my social life at work though is talking with the smokers and vapers.

theAdogg30

Dec 16, 2015
I work in an office setting, with multiple people in a large open area. I have no problem vaping right at my desk. In fact it becomes a running joke: "Smells like someone smoked a bowl of straight cotton-candy in here!"
I have my set-ups in a line with 3-5 bottles of liquid on my desk at any given time. I try not to be obnoxious and blow clouds but I no longer have to take smoke breaks outside! I'm often browsing ECF (been a lurker for a while now) during slow times, and sometimes I even have the option of playing with builds if its super slow.

Just wondering if anyone else has the experience of being able to enjoy vaping (comfortably) in their workplace and/or what their co-workers have to say about it.
I wait tables in a restaurant where my GM vapes so vaping at work is great for me because I can get a quick hit outside or downstairs when I am getting buckets of ice without a problem. My restaurant owners prohibit servers from smoking cigs before or during the shift so vaping allows me to get my nicotine fix and a stress relief without smelling like smoke and has helped me quit smoking cigarettes which has vastly improved my health! Sometimes other employees jest with me but I think it's because they want to smoke cigs and can't haha!

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Vaping inside is no problemo at my work. It's a small company, and I have my own office (with a ceiling fan). I'm not much of a cloudchaser, but I've chucked clouds at my desk before without complaints.

I still sometimes take it outside though, just because sitting for ~8 hours can get a little rough on my bum.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
My company recently moved locations (to somewhere where the suits can watch us better), but while in the old location, I would use my Nautilus, and iStick 50w (for battery stamina) usually vaping on a vanilla custard. I got compliments all the time about how good the office smelled. Management there was supportive, and okay with it because I always put on a show with tricks during boring conference calls :p

Now at the new building, we aren't even allowed to talk socially. I don't even dare try to vape. I step outside, and take a walk around the building. I got some other coworkers interested in vaping too, and that alone is worth the sacrifice.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I am a florist at a grocery store where it is not allowed inside but no problem outside or if I get busy I can sneak a puff in our walk in cooler storage or the bathroom stall. There are other employees that vape and they sometimes sneak a puff in the back room, but for the most part we congregate outside with the smokers. When I first started vaping it was relatively new and I worked in an office where they said no to vaping inside. I got a few people in the next office into vaping and their boss let them vape at their desk as long as it didn't bother anyone else. That office was just happy for anything to help their employees get off of cigarettes. It depends on where you work as to what is allowed :)

Reactions: ThaFuzz

Travy

Oct 12, 2014
Tucson Az
So the one Job i had, no policy against it,really no policy manual at all. So i still just stealth vaped, But one time I did not stealth vape enough, Boss caught me a little while later was fired. No prob did not like working for her anyways. So a month later I find something apply Get the job, What is Great about it is Can work from home when i want and Vape in office when i want , best thing of all it was Double my yearly salary from the Other job, The B*^&^, let me go at. Sometimes Lemons In life Can be turned into lemonade, With a lot of sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread