UD Simba Tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolloser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2015
I won this tank from Heaven Gifts. It came super fast via DHL express, things come across Canada slower than it took from China, literally!
I won the black model which looks super sharp on both my white and black kbox's. Whether I'm in a matchy mood or stormtroopery mood.

Although mine says "sample" on it, it is the final revision which means if you buy one, this is what you get. (Thanks /u/febm our UD shill for confirming!).
All in all, I freaking love this tank and not just because I'm a Lion King fan.

What's in the box?
-The tank (duh).
-Extra orings.
-Extra glass.
-RBA deck.
-Full ceramic coil (no cotton!).
-Ceramic cotton dual coil.

The Nitty Gritty.
I tried the full ceramic coil first because they are all the rage these days. It was a little underwhelming, the flavour was great but I could only do short hauls with Max VG. The wicking just couldn't keep up to good old cotton. It has a similar feel to the subtank in regards to airflow.
The Ceramic Cotton Coil is a dual coil wicked with cotton surrounded by a ceramic cylinder. The wicking was tight and couldn't quite keep up again to Max VG for long hauls so I fluffed out the ends for the first tank. The next tank I pulled it apart (mostly to see if I could) and rewicked it with cotton. It was perfect after this! This made it airy compared to the subtank wide open and no dry hits. I now consider it my second RBA :D
The RBA included is a simple two post deck that allows for single or dual coils. It comes with a ceramic plug for single coil builds. I actually like doing single builds with the plug, it helps keep the tank cool whilst chain vaping. The airflow on the RBA is a little more airy than the ceramic cotton but not as much as my Royal Hunter. It's a tank, I can't expect massive airflow and to be honest I don't really want it, I prefer dense flavour to air!
Filling the tank is a breeze, close up the juice control, open the topcap and have at 'er. I've even tested filling only halfway for a vacuum difference and there were still no leaks.
The condensate catching ring seems to work really well. I've never had any liquid under my tank that I do notice from other tanks over time.
The knurling is great, gives plenty of grip to open it up. The tank can be vaped to the last drop as the juice outlet is at the very bottom which makes switching flavours super easy. None of the paint has chipped off yet, seems to be a better process than Kangertech's finish that likes to chip or wear at the corners.

In Conclusion.
All hail Simba, he is our true king!
Pictures:

Coolloser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2015
Interesting, thanks.

The swappable build deck is obviously the same or a close cousin to the Bellus, which I enjoy a great deal. I don't know from ceramic coils, haven't used any, but they're inexpensive it seems, and at least MVS says the tank will accept some UD Goliath heads as well.

Worth a look.
Ooo, nice to know about the Goliath coils. I'll have to look into it!

Reactions: Jim_ MDP

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Great review, Cool! I had no trouble with wicking on mine, but I have a heckuva time getting the bottom of this tank off for coil changes. I actually had to put it in the freezer for a few hours and with rubber grips I was finally able to get it apart. I got the coil changed, but had the same issue after the second coil. It's a small price to pay for the flavor and vapor I get from these coils, though. I really do like the Simba tank a lot. Now I just need to build me some coils for it! :D

Reactions: Coolloser

Coolloser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2015
Great review, Cool! I had no trouble with wicking on mine, but I have a heckuva time getting the bottom of this tank off for coil changes. I actually had to put it in the freezer for a few hours and with rubber grips I was finally able to get it apart. I got the coil changed, but had the same issue after the second coil. It's a small price to pay for the flavor and vapor I get from these coils, though. I really do like the Simba tank a lot. Now I just need to build me some coils for it! :D
Sucks that yours is so tight. Mine is smooth as butter!

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
More lube! ;)
You're totally right, I've barely had to change coils. It helps to have sweetener free juice of course.
That's what I was thinking, too. I need to lubricate the threads next time I take it apart. :) Yep, sweetener free REALLY helps with coil life, and I find I don't even like the super sweet juices, so it works out great. :D

Reactions: Coolloser

Coolloser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2015
That's what I was thinking, too. I need to lubricate the threads next time I take it apart. :) Yep, sweetener free REALLY helps with coil life, and I find I don't even like the super sweet juices, so it works out great. :D
Yeah, the tend to lose flavour really fast for me, probably due to gunked coils :D

Reactions: cooladdict
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread