Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
It's too quiet in here!
I scrolled past some ByLeo love on the Instagram today!
08d1cd70130e61ce4d47cce11cd9398b.jpg

How is everything Billie?

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
It's too quiet in here!

Well, everyone is scared of the new laws, so everything is moving really slow, but that happens every summer, when new legislations pass. We are waiting patiently to see how everything shapes in the end :)
Fortunately, we have nothing to fear about the food-drink administration of each country and the new laws they are passing for quality control of materials for atomizers.
Nice pic!

Reactions: HBcorpse

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
It's too quiet in here!

Ya've gone and made me buy this Smoant side by side now... Haha. Should work nicely with my Calix and my other atty I should be receiving soon as well! :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OC513

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
NYC
So I took my Calix V2 apart to clean last night and now one of the sections that holds the screws to hold the coil legs spins freely. It makes it very hard to install a new coil. I do not remember it spinning freely before I took it apart. Is it supposed to move freely or did I screw things up putting it back together? I can't figure it out and it's driving me nuts. Even when totally tightened down the piece moves freely, even with a coil attached. Anyone that can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
So I took my Calix V2 apart to clean last night and now one of the sections that holds the screws to hold the coil legs spins freely. It makes it very hard to install a new coil. I do not remember it spinning freely before I took it apart. Is it supposed to move freely or did I screw things up putting it back together? I can't figure it out and it's driving me nuts. Even when totally tightened down the piece moves freely, even with a coil attached. Anyone that can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Put the brass spacer between the "wings" of the SS cup and a small screwdriver in the side hole of the pin and tighten everything up :)
You can see the process at page 5 of the manual: Dropbox - CALIX ENGLISH MANUAL.pdf
If it is still not working, send us a photo. Maybe we can find out what's wrong.
From top to bottom is shoud be: Possitive "wing" - insulator - negative "wing" - insulator - pin

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Total MTL vaper here on the fence thinking about getting a Calix V2 color (red) and just had a couple of questions...

1. Is the included drip tip good/tight enough to adjust the juice flow that seems to have people worried?

2. Aside from shiny/not shiny, is there a difference between the SS and Satin finishes.

3. I've watched a couple of videos, including Qorax's, and have read that for best flavor, that the wicks should not be covering the juice flow holes. How is this accomplished? Do you not screw the deck in all the way or something?

4. I *still* haven't had the courage to try using a rebuildable as an ADV, is this device pretty noob-friendly?

5. For the mod it will go on, it is very important that it not leak from the bottom. Qorax advises not filling over 80%, are there any other leaking concerns?

I have been content plugging blister pack coils into tanks until now, but with the FDA shenanigans I MUST force myself into using a rebuildable in case I can't buy coils someday, and I want something that will last.

Thanks so much!

OC513

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
NYC
Total MTL vaper here on the fence thinking about getting a Calix V2 color (red) and just had a couple of questions...

1. Is the included drip tip good/tight enough to adjust the juice flow that seems to have people worried?

2. Aside from shiny/not shiny, is there a difference between the SS and Satin finishes.

3. I've watched a couple of videos, including Qorax's, and have read that for best flavor, that the wicks should not be covering the juice flow holes. How is this accomplished? Do you not screw the deck in all the way or something?

4. I *still* haven't had the courage to try using a rebuildable as an ADV, is this device pretty noob-friendly?

5. For the mod it will go on, it is very important that it not leak from the bottom. Qorax advises not filling over 80%, are there any other leaking concerns?

I have been content plugging blister pack coils into tanks until now, but with the FDA shenanigans I MUST force myself into using a rebuildable in case I can't buy coils someday, and I want something that will last.

Thanks so much!
I am sure someone more versed than I will come help a bit more but for now here is what I will say.
I am also a MTL guy and the Calix is the best atty I have ever used.

1. Yes the drip tip works perfectly. The reviewers saying there is a problem turning the juice control don't know what they're doing in my opinion. In real world use it is very easy especially once you get a feel for it.

2. I believe the only difference is cosmetic but maybe someone can verify.

3. Correct. You just rotate the deck like a 1/4 turn or so. VERY easy.

4. This is my first true rebuildable RTA. I used a Sophia by Leo prior but I used pre made wires. This is a very easy atty to set up. Qorax's videos helped me a TON and is how I learned to build mine. He rocks!

5. I would say it is almost completely leak free. I had a few issues at first but it was 100% my fault. Now that I've had it a month I have ZERO leaking, EVER.

After reading the reviews and watching the videos I had pretty much the same questions as you. Being a By Leo customer I knew how great the products are so I ordered my Calix. I am so very glad I did. It is without question the best atty I have ever used. It is a flavor monster. Order it, you won't be disappointed.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

Thanks so much!
@OC513 did a great job answering your questions about the Calix. I don't have one yet, so can't comment about it.
But, don't worry about building coils. I've been doing it on my Sophias (and others) for a couple of years now, and with a little bit of practice, it really is not a big deal. In the privacy of your own bedroom, make your newbie mistakes and you'll learn quickly. And the Sophia is smaller and you've got the ceramic cup etc. to deal with (not being critical about it, as I use them extensively.)
Regarding leaking: I hate it. LOL. But, for a well designed device (which I know all my byLeo stuff to be) they'll only leak if I've made a mistake, or if there's wear and tear from normal use over time (such as the o-rings.)
I completely understand and agree with your concerns about our risks due to misguided FDA regulations. But, don't worry too much about getting into rebuilding. You'll make mistakes and learn.
P.S. I split my vaping time between the Kabuki (obviously blister pack) and Sophias. And, though I hope the Aspire coils continue to be available, I learned how to build and so can you. For me, at least, the better devices, such as byLeo's and other high quality stuff are much less prone to defects which can cause leaking. Others may disagree.

Rob Stobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Cambridgeshire UK
Very Sad Day here in the UK. It's looking increasingly likely that we ARE going to be stuck with the TPD.:(
The challenge being mounted in The House of Lords has derailed. The Shadow HEALTH Secretary has caused a very real problem and despite all the undeniable evidence that Vaping is by far the most successful way to stopping smoking and is universally agreed to be 90% safer........ Big Money and Big Pharma look to be winning their war.:mad:
This means, we are in desperate trouble and Vaping as we knew it, will be in real jeopardy. The sad thing is that no one really seems to have considered the inevitable outcome for so many of our Liquid Makers. Some really well loved and respected brands are going to disappear because of a ruling that has no place within the Vaping Industry.
There are other motions being tabled, but I fear we are on the slippery slope now.
Better order anything I need from you chaps as soon as I can then. ;)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ah poop.

Good-EJuice brand Kryptonite in my Calix tonight...
Tastes like crap.

Even the magic of the Calix can't save this juice flavor!
74d54fff17d499177b428ffadabcc67b.jpg

I really had high hopes!
Well, I mostly wanted it because it was green.
Hard to find colored juices anymore, and even then, it's hard to find tasty colored juices.

Reactions: Billie-cig

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Awfully quiet in here...

Am I missing something?

Did I forget that there's a general ByLeo thread where people might be hanging out?
It always gets more quite as summer closes in. If you add the laws that are (or aren't ) coming out and the general confusion, it makes an even bigger impact.
We are anxiously waiting as well, as we have new designs ready but don't know when we will be able to put them into production. Let's hope things clear up soon and for the better. :)

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
It always gets more quite as summer closes in. If you add the laws that are (or aren't ) coming out and the general confusion, it makes an even bigger impact.
We are anxiously waiting as well, as we have new designs ready but don't know when we will be able to put them into production. Let's hope things clear up soon and for the better. :)
Yes, let's hope so.
I'm coming to Europe for a few weeks next week, though not to Greece. Do you have any dealers in Italy who carry your products?

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Fumoaroma has some of our products :)
Thanks Billie,
They're in Rome, which is where I'll be. I will go visit them, if for no other reason that I'd like to meet some European vapers. My last tune in Europe was in London, and it was great fun going to a vape expo there.
But, a quick look at their website, I think I'll be better off buying directly from you when I return to the US.
Plus, looking at their ejuice menu, they're mostly US juices.
Do you folks DIY, or buy American, or can you suggest some good EU liquids which I wouldn't normally encounter in the US?

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Thanks Billie,
They're in Rome, which is where I'll be. I will go visit them, if for no other reason that I'd like to meet some European vapers. My last tune in Europe was in London, and it was great fun going to a vape expo there.
But, a quick look at their website, I think I'll be better off buying directly from you when I return to the US.
Plus, looking at their ejuice menu, they're mostly US juices.
Do you folks DIY, or buy American, or can you suggest some good EU liquids which I wouldn't normally encounter in the US?
DIY is my preferance. A lot of people do it. But since I usually don't even have time for that, I usually go with liquids that I pick up from people close to me. Like Liquid France, ATMOS and T-Juice. You can find most brands in shops of course.

Reactions: newyork13

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
DIY is my preferance. A lot of people do it. But since I usually don't even have time for that, I usually go with liquids that I pick up from people close to me. Like Liquid France, ATMOS and T-Juice. You can find most brands in shops of course.
Thanks.
I'll try and find these.
The London vape expo I mentioned I visited my last trip over: the juice vendors were probably 50% USA. I tried some French and Italian ones, and enjoyed them.
It's great fun to experience the cultural differences, and similarities.

Since I'll be away, I won't be buying anything to be delivered to my home US address for a few weeks. But, any idea when the Sophia v2 cage v2 will be available?

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Thanks.
I'll try and find these.
The London vape expo I mentioned I visited my last trip over: the juice vendors were probably 50% USA. I tried some French and Italian ones, and enjoyed them.
It's great fun to experience the cultural differences, and similarities.

Since I'll be away, I won't be buying anything to be delivered to my home US address for a few weeks. But, any idea when the Sophia v2 cage v2 will be available?
I am putting an update on the ΣΟΦΙA v2 thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread