Why do I get nothing but dry hits from my Cubis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

time2quit

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
upstate new york
Hey all! First, I am a very experienced vaper. 5+ years. I am strictly a mouth to lung guy. I really enjoy my sub ohm tanks ( Kanger topbox mini, Tfv4, and Triton mini) using above ohm coils for mouth to lung. But damn....what is up with these Cubis coils (1 and 1.5ohm coils) giving me dry hits, every 6 or 7 puffs?? Yes I prime them properly. I wanted to love this tank because of some of its features, but it's 2016 and I just refuse dry hits! Anyone else having this problem? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hey all! First, I am a very experienced vaper. 5+ years. I am strictly a mouth to lung guy. I really enjoy my sub ohm tanks ( Kanger topbox mini, Tfv4, and Triton mini) using above ohm coils for mouth to lung. But damn....what is up with these Cubis coils (1 and 1.5ohm coils) giving me dry hits, every 6 or 7 puffs?? Yes I prime them properly. I wanted to love this tank because of some of its features, but it's 2016 and I just refuse dry hits! Anyone else having this problem? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What wattage are you using the coils at? I've had more problems with flooding, but I've only used the .5 ohm coils and the rba head.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I had nothing but problems with my cubis tank, and apparently so have a lot of people, I think they are just poor coils. I also bought the RBA head and that thing sucks, it just floods straight away.

The only coil that worked for me in my cubis was the 0.2ohm Ni coil. But still the quality was different from one coil to the next.
The rba will work just fine if built and wicked correctly.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

I didn't like the 1 and 1.5 coils either. I've been using the .5 SS (30-35 watts in power mode and 470 F with 90 watts background in TC). I'm more of a lung hitter although not a cloud chaser. I just like a richer denser vapor. You might try the .5 SS and reduce the airflow to give you a mouth to lung draw. I not only prime them, but do the draw and blow without firing thing for new coils. I also let them sit at least 15 minutes before I try my first vape. I've only had one or two out of many that dry hit out of the box. Good luck with your Cubis tank. I have to say I really like mine.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I put a parallel set of nickel coils into a Vaporesso Gemini tank, did the wicking and primed them. A little liquid in the tank and tested it, at first it was great, plenty of vapor and flavor, slowly less and less. I figured it had used up the prime and was starving for liquid, a problem with leaking and lots of cotton around the cover. Removed some cotton from around the cover and the vapor was back but it leaks when filling up the tank, heard it has to be turned upside down when putting the cover on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread