Official DiscountVapers.com Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
So, what was everyone's first car? Mine was a 1973 Volvo 164e that I got for $10. The woman selling it got it for her son, and when he joined the military, she was so mad she just dumped the car for $10. I ended up killing the car after 6 months, but still sold it for $1300. :)
:laugh: mine was a 1976 Vega. standard shift. Silver with red interior :laugh: First loan I ever took from a bank :smokie:

Reactions: sonicdsl

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
My brother had a Vega. A friend and I took it for a spin when we were 14 and stripped the Differential. We pushed the car back where it was parked. My brother got home and went to take out his car. He revved the engine and popped it into gear, and thought he stripped it. My father made me help him fix it anyway, but it wasn't for about 20 years until my they found out it was me. :D

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
So, what was everyone's first car? Mine was a 1973 Volvo 164e that I got for $10. The woman selling it got it for her son, and when he joined the military, she was so mad she just dumped the car for $10. I ended up killing the car after 6 months, but still sold it for $1300. :)
Mine was a 1981 Dodge Omni 024, standard shift, cream exterior...not sure of the interior though! :laughing: My first loan too!
My brother had a Vega. A friend and I took it for a spin when we were 14 and stripped the Differential. We pushed the car back where it was parked. My brother got home and went to take out his car. He revved the engine and popped it into gear, and thought he stripped it. My father made me help him fix it anyway, but it wasn't for about 20 years until my they found out it was me. :D
:facepalm: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
I was 16, so I was just excited to have my own car! :lol:
Oh, I understand. My second car was an '86 Ford Tempo. I got it in '89. It was new-ish, and had a popup sun roof. I loved it. It had crank windows, stick shift, and normal door locks, but it had a cassette deck! Paid $3000 in a private sale.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Oh, I understand. My second car was an '86 Ford Tempo. I got it in '89. It was new-ish, and had a popup sun roof. I loved it. It had crank windows, stick shift, and normal door locks, but it had a cassette deck! Paid $3000 in a private sale.
Wow really?!? My second car was an '86 Ford Tempo too ("Sport")!! I got it in '86 though...Dad helped with the down pmt (I was fresh out of HS lol). My first one got totaled when someone rammed into me from behind (following too close). :glare: It was dark blue metallic w/a red stripe, and dark grey interior, standard shift, manual everything, and a cassette deck! Can't recall how much though. Wheee! :D

Reactions: LordDavon

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Wow really?!? My second car was an '86 Ford Tempo too ("Sport")!! I got it in '86 though...Dad helped with the down pmt (I was fresh out of HS lol). My first one got totaled when someone rammed into me from behind (following too close). :glare: It was dark blue metallic w/a red stripe, and dark grey interior, standard shift, manual everything, and a cassette deck! Can't recall how much though. Wheee! :D
That's awesome! If it was a white 4-door and had a popup sunroof, we'd have the exact same cars. I loved that little Tempo. I beat on it and it wouldn't die. I ended up getting an '84 Nissan 300ZX in '91, and would drive it for a couple months in the summer, and the Tempo in the winter (and much of the Spring and Fall). I finally traded in the Tempo in '94, when I got my '92 Chrysler LeBaron convertible.

I've had a lot of cars over the years, but I really loved that Tempo. It just ran, and rarely had any issues. The gas pump died once, but not much else.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
That's awesome! If it was a white 4-door and had a popup sunroof, we'd have the exact same cars. I loved that little Tempo. I beat on it and it wouldn't die. I ended up getting an '84 Nissan 300ZX in '91, and would drive it for a couple months in the summer, and the Tempo in the winter (and much of the Spring and Fall). I finally traded in the Tempo in '94, when I got my '92 Chrysler LeBaron convertible.

I've had a lot of cars over the years, but I really loved that Tempo. It just ran, and rarely had any issues. The gas pump died once, but not much else.
I loved my little Tempo too! I miss it now. :(

LOL

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
heureuse.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread