Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi folkses:

I have been in a convo with @davevape55 regarding the best tools used or usable for vaping purposes, and we have decided to start a thread to discuss the matter; partly to avoid an :offtopic:foul, and also in hopes we might get some participation. So, if you have a favorite type of screwdriver, or wire cutters, or you've made a fabulous wire rack or something, please share it with us.

I'll start the ball rolling with a pic of a mandrel tool I cobbled together one way when I wanted an oblong-- technically, I suppose, a rectangular-with-rounded-corners-- coil shape to as a chimney coil above an oblong air flow port. It's as simple as simple can be, 3 pieces of 1/16" stainless rod held side-by side with a piece of tape. You can see the coil and atty base on the ohmmeter in the attached pic, and the fabricated tool is held under my finger.
20160305_173448[1].jpg

BTW, if anybody has any idea where to get some tiny metric T-handle hex keys, that's how this all got started, so please sing out.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Lego... I'm 52 and still jump ba11s deep into a tub of Lego.
Some of these are older pics but you get the drift.

Spool holder with several homemade bobbin threaders made out of coat hangers.
HolderampSpools2.jpg

Battery holder been keeping my bats from rolling around.
LegoBatteryTray.jpg

Battery Tester. I got a cheapo volt meter from Fasttech and built this.
LegoVoltMeter.jpg

A single spool holder. Used it to hold my 30 gauge till it fell on the floor and exploded apart. The long piece on the front was a measure, just enough to build a coil with minimum waste
LegoWireCaddy.jpg

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
Lego... I'm 52 and still jump ba11s deep into a tub of Lego.
Some of these are older pics but you get the drift.

Those are wonderful. I once broke the ice cube tray shelf in my freezer and had my kids build me a new out of of K'nex. They're older now, so I have buckets and buckets of unused legos. Thanks for planting a seed of what to do with them. Great ideas. Thanks for sharing!

P.S. I think the skeleton guy would go better with cigs than vape gear, but maybe he's just there as a warning to anyone who might mess with your stuff.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Some tools only have limited functionality...

13307314_1787055481525274_3428745052599223924_n.jpg
Hey..that's cool.i wonder if I can get an Allen wrench through my nose?Just a little early morning joke guys.Happy to be back,was gone way to long.The highway to easy does it vaping, went on a ways .Love your ideas!Way pretty!Great to be back,with my good buddies!

Last edited:
Reactions: bnrkwest

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
My go-to for scraping the crud out of Crown coils, tucking wick on RDTAs & scraping their coils when I'm too busy to rewick.
I call it a dental paddle. Mine has the paddle at one end and a pick at the other.

CT6.jpg
Okay.Humor is the name of this game.Love it!

Reactions: bnrkwest

pauljosh

Moved On
Jun 30, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Spammer

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Bump for this great thread:)

Found these miniature crate's at the dollar store, great for holding all your rebuildables and whatnot.
6 for $1
They even have little handles!
lrTxCpT.jpg
I will have to stop in(Dollar Store). Always looking for containers.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread