Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
You're right about that! It's crazy out in the wild Internet these days. And servers for websites are far from immune. Cheap hosts run on outdated insecure software!

IPs were blocked on that client's server, but it's like playing wack a mole. They switch to another IP address and start up again.

When I had my home alarm system put in the sales guy said, "Let's face it - if someone really wants to get in bad enough, they will find a way. Best we can do is make it hard and hope they move on." It's like that with computers.

Old school tech is not immune either. Like that ongoing phone scam where the crooks call up and pretend to be a relative. "Grandma? I need help! I'm stuck in (wherever) and need money to get home. Can you please wire me $$$? And don't tell my parents because I'm not supposed to be here." Folks have lost thousands to that one. We just have to be smart.
It's an easy transition for any Windows user to make , reminds me a lot of Windows 7's GUI , I despise Windows 8 , Total PITA without running a shell .

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
You're right about that! It's crazy out in the wild Internet these days. And servers for websites are far from immune. Cheap hosts run on outdated insecure software!

IPs were blocked on that client's server, but it's like playing wack a mole. They switch to another IP address and start up again.

When I had my home alarm system put in the sales guy said, "Let's face it - if someone really wants to get in bad enough, they will find a way. Best we can do is make it hard and hope they move on." It's like that with computers.

Old school tech is not immune either. Like that ongoing phone scam where the crooks call up and pretend to be a relative. "Grandma? I need help! I'm stuck in (wherever) and need money to get home. Can you please wire me $$$? And don't tell my parents because I'm not supposed to be here." Folks have lost thousands to that one. We just have to be smart.

Well, I can take heart that the grandma scam is at least one I wouldn't swallow, not by a long way. Lol

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
When I had my home alarm system put in the sales guy said, "Let's face it - if someone really wants to get in bad enough, they will find a way.
Which is what this is for...

IMG_5438 (Small).JPG

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Give her some small weights and have her do some exercises. You have to have a couple rocks laying around that place somewhere.
Yup, I have a couple 5lb dumbbells that are just the right weight for her good hand. Just lifting the other hand by itself is enough weight. Her speech is still a bit slurred, but maybe not as much as yesterday.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I've been trying to help BK get rid of Windows and make the move to Linux Mint , I think running XP these days is an invitation to trouble .
I started using PC's with 98 for a short time then what was next? Wasn't there a couple iterations before XP? Win 2000 and then Win ME or something?

Last edited:

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I started using PC's with 98 for a short time then what was next? Wasn't there a couple iterations before XP? Win 2000 and then Win ME or something?
ME came after 3.1 , I think XP came after 2000 but I'm not 100% on that .

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Afternoon......Hot and muggy. Except a storm to pop up here and there.
Real hot and muggy here too, could hardly breathe yesterday afternoon. The air was so thick you could cut it with a knife!

Sending prayers for healing for Mama Chak.

@woita - Yes, we sure did stop them! First with limits on the server resources to limit the DDoS ability to consume them. The app had an internal firewall already stopping them, and we blocked the networks responsible at the server level. The script was failing to get in, but it kept hammering anyway. Clearly just a malicious intent - couldn't get in, so they try to bring it down.

Thanks Lori, she's feeling a bit better today, but speech still slurred.

Sucks when hackers do that!

I've been looking for a good raspberry pipe tobacco juice , the Framboise et Vanille I got from them the last time had just a tiny hint of raspberry along with the strongest tobacco punch of any NET I've tried . Hopefully the balance is better on this one , I ordered it .:)
Glazed Raspberry

That one does sound good, maybe I'll splurge a bit and pick up some.

I don't get too many phone scams over here mainly because of the language difference, but they do have their own special scams here, for instance, telling you that you've been chosen to win a grand prize of $XXX,XXX and all you need to do is deposit $XX,XXX into this account first... Duh, no thanks

Which is what this is for...

View attachment 559769
Yup, got yer back...
IMG_2349.jpg

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Chak, I just wondered, does Mama take asprin at all? Maybe she should start one a day, because it does sound like a stroke or clot situation going on - specially as she just had that surgery....I'm so worried for you both.
Yes, she and I both take 2 baby aspirin daily in the morning. It's an artery expanding and blocking off another artery. We saw that from the first CT.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Good Morning Army. Easing into second cup on a rainy morning. Good day for loafing around. I think I am qualified to do that, although Mamaw is home so there will be something that "needs to get done" sometime today. Until then it's back to watching Nikita w/ Maggie Q.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I hope everyone's enjoying their holiday weekend. Quiet in here, so y'all must be picnicking!

My big adventure today was coiling and wicking my KFL. Hadn't used a KFL in about a year! I had to watch a vid to remember how to fill it. I have my Provari 2.5 with me (must pick up the rest of my vape gear next trip back to Vegas). So I went with 30 ga which came out to 1.9 ohms. All went well. But at 4.8 v, it's a lot cooler than I'm used to. Not much flavor either. It's loaded up with Peppermint Bark. Still tasty, and a good amount of vapor, just not as intense a vape as I like.

Guess I'll have to save up for a Mini V3. :)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Well, that was one of the most impressive wins I have ever seen in NASCAR. Truex Jr and his 78 team had it dialed in. Can't say I ever saw one team dominate a race like that. Hats off to them.

Yes it was impressive and after all the trouble he's had in pass races he earned it.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I hope everyone's enjoying their holiday weekend. Quiet in here, so y'all must be picnicking!

My big adventure today was coiling and wicking my KFL. Hadn't used a KFL in about a year! I had to watch a vid to remember how to fill it. I have my Provari 2.5 with me (must pick up the rest of my vape gear next trip back to Vegas). So I went with 30 ga which came out to 1.9 ohms. All went well. But at 4.8 v, it's a lot cooler than I'm used to. Not much flavor either. It's loaded up with Peppermint Bark. Still tasty, and a good amount of vapor, just not as intense a vape as I like.

Guess I'll have to save up for a Mini V3. :)
Smart girl , waiting for the point releases before you buy . ;)

Users who are viewing this thread