RTS Trivia Contests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Vapers! It's just about that time for another trivia contest! I'll be announcing the winner on Friday afternoon. All those who want to participate can just PM me their answers and the first one to answer the questions correctly wins 600 rewards points. Everyone is welcome to play. Good luck Vapers!

Trivia Category: TV :vapor:

In what state was Who’s the Boss? set?

2. What was the title of Carol Burnett’s spoof skit of Gone With the Wind?

3. What six letter phrase did Walter Cronkite use to close his news broadcast?

4. What is the name of the maid on Benson?

5. What early spin-off was set at Hillman College?

6. Who was the central murder victim in the first season of Twin Peaks?

7. What sitcom was the first TV show to air reruns?

8. What 3 word phrase triggered the green slime on You can’t do that on Television?

9. Which family lived in the Little House on the Prairie?

10. From what show is the Jefferson a spin-off?

Reactions: Reddhott
Good afternoon Vapers. Just want to say thank you to everyone who participated in this week's contest. You guys ROCKED it OUT! Please help me in congratulating our winner @Debadoo You've won 600 rewards points to be used towards your next purchase. Be sure to PM me your first/last name and email address so points can be added to your account. Thanks again for playing and have a FANTASTIC Memorial Day Weekend Folks!!

Trivia 1: TV

1. In what state was Who’s the Boss? Set? A: Connecticut

2. What was the title of Carol Burnett’s spoof skit of Gone With the Wind? A: Went with the Wind

3. What six letter phrase did Walter Cronkite use to close his news broadcast? A: ..and that’s the way it is…”

4. What is the name of the maid on Benson? A: Gretchen Kraus

5. What early spin-off was set at Hillman College? A: A Different World

6. Who was the central murder victim in the first season of Twin Peaks? A: Laura Palmer

7. What sitcom was the first TV show to air reruns? A: I love Lucy

8. What 3 word phrase triggered the green slime on You can’t do that on Television? A: I don’t know

9. Which family lived in the Little House on the Prairie? A: The Ingalls

10. From what show is the Jefferson a spin-off? A: All in the Family

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Oh kewl!!! Thanks so much Monique!!! (what a pretty name) You'll see I had made a "if I had all the money in the world" wishlist hehehe

Thanks so much everyone!! My 4 years smoke free was 5/24 so this is a great present!!

Congratulations Debadoo! Thank you Monique and happy Memorial Day to u!
will have to try again. aint fast enough i think hahahahhaha
Beginner's dumb luck hun. I just happened to be on here checkin my threads when it was posted. Checked the time when I hit send on the email. It was 16 minutes after she'd posted it.

I'll sit out the next couple of ones. Good luck everyone!! Especially Redd, cuz you proxy so many contests for the rest of us!! :wub:

Happy Monday Vapers! I hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable weekend :thumb: I have some trivia for those interested in winning some rewards points this week. All are welcome to play. Just remember to PM me those responses. Good luck to those playing. I'll be announcing the winner on Wednesday.

Category: Science:D

1. What is the active element in both treating manic depression and thickening lubricants?

2. What was the name of Jacques Cousteau’s research vessel?

3. What scientific name or the unit of heat required to raise the temperature of one gram of water by one degree Celsius?

4. What process involves treating rubber with sulfur to harden it?

5. What color are EMU eggs?

6. What black stone is the most Volcanic rock on Earth?

7. What is the only rock that floats in water?

8. What man made element was named after a U.S. state?

9. In Physics, power is defined as work divided by what?

10. What organ is almost always removed if it is accidentally cut during surgery?

Good afternoon Vapers, I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who participated in trivia this week. You guys ROCK!! Wish we could everyone points but sadly there can only be one winner. Please help me in congratulating our winner @diabolique. You've won 550 rewards points this week. Please make sure to PM me your first/last name and email address to add points to your account. Thanks again for playing and stay tuned for more trivia.

Category: Science

What is the active element in both treating manic depression and thickening lubricants? A: Lithium

2. What was the name of Jacques Cousteau’s research vessel? A: Calypso

3. What scientific name or the unit of heat required to raise the temperature of one gram of water by one degree Celsius? A: Calories

4. What process involves treating rubber with sulfur to harden it? A: Vulcanizing

5. What color are EMU eggs? A: Green

6. What black stone is the most Volcanic rock on Earth? A: Basalt

7. What it the only rock that floats in water? A: Pumice

8. What man made element was named after a U.S. state? A: Californium

9. In Physics, power is defined as work divided by what? A: Time

10. What organ is almost always removed if it is accidentally cut during surgery? A: Spleen.

Reactions: 440BB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread