PART 8 -The Official MyVapeJuice Family Room (Crazy Chit Chat Thread - Live LAUGH Love and Vape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I was just wondering about you OBG... I just saw ( a few moments back ) a small storm cell with a huge hail core for the size of the storm and it'd just gone past your area... I mean the hail core took up almost 2/3 of the size of the cell... huge.

Hope you didn't get any or at least much damage if any.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Just occurred to me:

A. Oxygen is used during the combustion process in cigarettes.

B. Oxygen is also one of the elements that carry the atomized vapor in ecig use.

Therefore:

C. According to FDA regulations oxygen should be considered/deemed a "tobacco product".
Better start conserving some...

(Just pointing out the obvious absurdity to this ridiculous ruling)

Dang it J...

... don't be given them any more ideas ya hear... :D

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    I was just wondering about you OBG... I just saw ( a few moments back ) a small storm cell with a huge hail core for the size of the storm and it'd just gone past your area... I mean the hail core took up almost 2/3 of the size of the cell... huge.

Hope you didn't get any or at least much damage if any.

Most of it missed me but it tore up my daughters car real good in Sullivan :(

rdsok

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    Most of it missed me but it tore up my daughters car real good in Sullivan :(

Ouch... hope she has full coverage insurance, it can get expensive getting hail damage fixed...

Because of those storms and a batch of them down in Texas... I found I needed to re-edit the color table I'd made for my radar... I'd used darker reds/pinks and on those storms, they almost blended into the blacks I was using for the hail cores... so I lightened them up to make it easier to distinguish the different values... I don't think I've ever seen that many small severe storms with huge ( relative to the size of the cell ) hail cores like that.

That kind of hail storms... are what scare me more than the tornadic ones because they cover such a larger area than a tornado typically does.

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 16, 2014
    Amarillo, TX
    My pipe batteries came in today! :w00t: Ordered 'em on Thursday too, quick shipping! Now I've gotta build like a 1 ohm coil in that Subtank in my pictures and try 'er out, looking forward to that.

I'm out for the night myself. And NO jmur, I'm not that kinda guy! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::p

See y'all tomorrow! *gone*

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Ouch... hope she has full coverage insurance, it can get expensive getting hail damage fixed...

Because of those storms and a batch of them down in Texas... I found I needed to re-edit the color table I'd made for my radar... I'd used darker reds/pinks and on those storms, they almost blended into the blacks I was using for the hail cores... so I lightened them up to make it easier to distinguish the different values... I don't think I've ever seen that many small severe storms with huge ( relative to the size of the cell ) hail cores like that.

That kind of hail storms... are what scare me more than the tornadic ones because they cover such a larger area than a tornado typically does.

I'm guessing they will total her car she said it looks like the surface of a golf ball,she also said that hail storm lasted about 1/2 hour with golf ball size hail :eek:

rdsok

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    Looks like a lot of us have a chance at more spring time storms today...

Here is where the radar is at ...

CONUS.MosaicBREF.jpg

With the chance of convective t-storms looking something like...

day1otlk.gif

... and the possibility of tornadic storms looking something like...

day1probotlk_torn.gif

rdsok

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    Doo remember your pipe has a fuse in it so the coil you build will need to work on a fully charged battery or one at it's cutoff point :2c:

I think he should be good down to a 0.8Ω coil or close to that... the pipe has a 6a limit

To quote them...

Each PipeSmith E-Pipe contains a 6 amp resettable fuse that will support a circuit load down to .8 ohm. Should you ever encounter a short or other electrical issue, the internal fuse will trip and interrupt the electrical circuit. Since one side of the fuse actually provides the (+) connection for the circuit, there is no chance (with a properly inserted battery) that a short can exist within the circuit before the fuse and defeat the protection. Once the problem is removed from the circuit, the fuse re-sets, and you are ready to vape your e-pipe again.

rdsok

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    Ok... a quick weather update in general...

Classy... you've probably already seen a little bit of action from some storms... looks like they are building still to your west. I didn't see any classified as severe nor did I see any strong indications of hail... Since I see a lot start building later in the afternoon... they could develop into stronger storms...

Moonie... Looks like you've got storms to your north that are moving in your direction... those are about 10nm out. You've also got some closer to your west but they are currently moving south. I did see some that earlier indicated possible hail... again, like for Classy, these may strengthen later but they aren't currently classified as severe.

Aggie... nothing really moving your way as of yet.. or looking like they will develop. There are some to your west along the coastline ( that extends down to Tampa by Classy ) but those are moving mostly SSE.

Doo... You've actually got some pretty strong storms ( not severe yet either ) that are building to your north and moving ENE. The issue that'd concern me with your location is that there is a dry line to your west which will only help fuel the storms building to it's east ( where you are )... Just keep an eye on it, things can develop really fast in those conditions. They've also expanded the tornado potential ( the 2% one ) to include your area.

OBG... Right now, not a lot in your area but there are some small storms building in the SW corner of Missouri that are over 120nm out from you... I'd probably keep an eye out on those expecially closer to the 3pm timeframe when things like to develop quicker in the central plains.

Everyone else is currently looking generally clear... since a lot of the country is showing a chance of storms, I'd start keeping a closer eye later this afternoon for things to possibly develop.

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    Yep we had a little rain earlier, after tat cleared up the TV started squacking
    about flood warnings to the north & northwest of me, it;s starting to cloud up and looking like a thunder storm building up and my phone (dark sky app) just too doe its gonna start drizzling in a few minutes

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread