Ovale eMini Duo Review Upgrade For eMini & eRoll e-Cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ovale eMini Duo Review

I found the Ovale eMini Duo (Update and upgrade from the eRoll/eMini original) but could not find one single review of the product. (March 2016)
So I decided to write my own.

emini-duo-kit-jpg.536574

Ovale (The company) sold the eRoll device way before joyetech ever did but they named theirs the eMini.
The original eRoll and eMini are exactly the same device but Ovale kept their prices much higher than joyetech did despite it being the same device.
They have recently reduced the price of the original eMini by 50% since the launch of the eMini Duo.

It seems neither company own the patent to the eRoll or eMini original or the associated parts but rather buy them from Chinese manufacturers and brand them adding their mark up profit.

I liked the look of the Ovale eMini Duo but Ovale website(s) give little to no information on this product and as I say, I could not find one single review independently or on the Ovale website(s)

So I took a gamble and purchased the kit for £49.99 (Not Cheap!)
So you can imagine how ...... off I was when the kit arrived and I found out the it only came with one complete e-cigarette and no spare parts at all!
Most of the promotional images display the eMini Duo PCC with 2 e-cigarettes.
Plus the PCC is designed to hold and charge two devices!

So why only include one?

Misleading Marketing to say the least!

To me at least, it made sense to assume there would be two e-cigs in the kit.
After all, the eRoll and eMini kits had always included a spare battery, two spare atomisers and 2 cartridges in addition to one complete e-cig and for around the same price (At the time of release)

I emailed Ovale and complained mentioning the points above.
I was fobbed off with a default reply and offered a free bottle of e liquid from their range which I am not interested in.
I had hoped a free spare part for the eMini Duo as that would have been more applicable to my complaint.

I had to spend a further £45 for a packet of 5 eMini Duo atomisers, a spare eMini Duo battery and 5 eMini Duo mouth pieces (Cartridges)

That means, I had to spend £100 (Inc shipping) for the Ovale eMini Duo compared to what I would have got with the original eRoll/eMini kit which cost about the same price when first released.

I can only hope this device starts to become available from by other companies such as Joyetech so the price comes down on the parts.​
It's never good for consumers when a company monopolises a product.

The positive news is my review on the Ovale eMini Duo. It is fantastic!

Over the years, I have tried all kinds of mini and micro vaping devices and they all leaked, bubbled, gave a dry burn or worse, zero throat hit at all or a really bad metallic taste on the inhale from the atomiser heating up I assume.

Bottom line, I stuck to the eRoll all these years for a reason. I can taste my liquid, it was more "user friendly" if you like the feel of a real cigarette and the throat hit was great for such a small battery. But as mentioned previously, the atties soon all but died within a week, tops which made maintenance for the eRoll quite expensive.

The Ovale eMini Duo is without doubt better than the eRoll but then it is for all intents a purposes, a totally different device using different parts through-out.

eMini Duo gives much more vape production, a cleaner taste of your e-juice, good throat hit, no leaks, no bubbling and so far I would give it 10/10

I do not like Ovale as a company. They are notoriously expensive and refuse to budge on price.
Plus my complaint, which I think is valid, was fobbed off with an offer of a free bottle of their own brand of e-liquid which in no way, goes to meet me half way about my actual issue so I simply gave up.

I would not like to go back to using the eRoll now, which is a major statement for me to make.
Two months ago I was worried and buying up all of the spare parts for eRoll (Original) I could find as it was becoming harder and harder since they stopped manufacturing it.

The eRoll (Original) got me through 3 years of vaping after all, but the life of the atomisers and the cost of them was its main draw back.
The eRoll is at its best those first few days after a new atomiser has been fitted.

In a bid to reduce the cost of buying atomisers at £15 for five, I managed to find a certified Joyetech manufacturer in China and purchased 200 of them in bulk for around £200. And yes, they are genuine. :)

Sadly, I don't think I will be using them now because the eMini Duo is simply 100% better than the eRoll/eMini and it seems I wasted all that money on eRoll spare parts for no good reason.

I cannot seem to work out what atomisers they are using in the eMini Duo.
Can anyone else?

emini-duo-atomizer.jpg

I am always looking for better deals and really do not like being forced into to buying from one supplier at a price they dictate because they have no reason to compromise due to a lack of competition.

The cartridges for the eMini Duo are a solid plastic with a metal cap and not the disposable plastic type that you get with the eRoll and the eMini original.
I once tried the eRoll C and hated the cartridges they came with due to the metallic tip that went in your mouth, it felt and tasted horrid.
I went straight back to using the eRoll original.

It seems the eRoll C never took off as I see the spare parts are constantly discounted or no longer available across the globe.
I suspect the eRoll C never took off quite like they had hoped.

The cartridges for the Ovale eMini Duo have the metal cap on the other end that connects to the cone and atomiser, so the plastic end is what goes into your mouth and as such, there is no nasty metallic taste and tinny feel on the teeth from them as was the problem with the eRoll C

Because the eMini Duo mouth pieces are made from a hard plastic/resin material, they can be cleaned and used over and over until they break or the seal cracks for what ever reason, so that's a financial plus.

The atomisers are alien to me. I am not a tech head when it comes to the various types of atomisers available.
I would love to know if these are unique to Ovale's eMini Duo or can be purchased from other stores. (?)
Does anyone know the model name?

EDIT- Ovale Customer Support Update.
When my spare parts came, there was a letter inside from staff giving me a list of justifications as to why the Ovale eMini Duo did not contain two devices and only one.
They added that they had noticed I had not purchased an "atomiser support" in my recent order to create a spare eMini Duo and they had included one for free along with a bottle of PG liquid.
The sign off was:
"I do hope you appreciate this gesture from us"
The fact remains that both the product name, design (Two slot PCC) and marketing images used would lead many people into assuming it came with two complete devices (Or the parts to create two devices) especially if the customer is familiar with its predecessor, the eMini and eRoll Original, whose starter kits were always sold with parts for two complete e-cigs

Last edited:

Gary E. Maurizi Jr

Jan 30, 2016
FYI the atomizer looks a hell of alot like the s510 from trueman-ecig:
slim ecig 510 atomizer

I saw a photo of it online a while back and went on a week long tangent to find exactly where and what this thing was -- that's before I knew the emini duo existed (im in the US, just saw this on ovale's europe site tonight).

I recently purchased a kit from a company called razevapor that comes with what LOOKS like the same atomizer, I dont think it's 100% identical to the s510 (the one I have now with the raze vapor kit) but it's DAMN close in looks and replacement coil.

However I find it interesting that you are reviewing this atomizer/coil so highly! I am right now using an auto battery with this s510 atomizer type and get alot of juice in my mouth and though I've never owned an eroll or eroll-c I am actually considering picking one up as it seems to put out more vapor and have better reviews than the s510 atomizer that came with this kit that I am currently using?!

I would really love to know if it is the SAME atomizer on the emini duo that is on both the razevapor titanium t2 and sold by trueman-ecig as the s510? can you take a look and let me know? from the only close up pics I can find of the emini duo's atomizer it looks identical except it looks like the airflow/chimney might be a little wider somehow on the emini duo atomizer, could just be the photograph?

ExFumidus

Dec 31, 2009
London
Thanx so much for this review, I too have been wondering about the Duo as a replacement for the eRoll who's 'outphasing' I too have been in a panic over. (As an eRoll vaper ever since it's inception.) ... Personally I don't understand the general vaping direction away from 'cig-alikes' into all these ever-increasing larger ecig/mods (all of which are surpassing even the largest of analog cigars). I too was led astray for a short while, to experiment & 'cloud chase' etc ;) - only to soon realising/needing to revert back to my faithful eRoll, which IMO still reigns supreme as the best replacement to a real cigarette (& the 'smoking experience/addiction').

Your review sounds promising (which I was glad to hear), especially the improved vaping & the "no leaking" (even tho none of my eRolls ever leaked, thankfully) ... However, I was hoping u might please elaborate on a few points I'm still wondering about. One thing I luv'd about the eRoll (tho oft-derided for by others) was its bayonet/twist-on fitting, which allowed the eRoll to be relatively much lighter than if it had standard screw-on fittings. So might u tell me how the eMini Duo stacks up to the eRoll on weight - is it much heavier ??

And secondly, how does it compare size-wise - are they exact same size as the eRoll ??
And do they take comparatively equal time to vape & charge (both individual batt & PCC) ??

Also, I thought I'd offer u a small tip in exchange. I've read elsewhere that u should try restrict holding the cartridge of the Duo by the metal parts when screwing them on/off - as they apparently have the habit of falling apart at the seam (plastic from metal tip) when they're often unscrewed via holding the plastic tip. Hopefully that will help with their longevity.

As to your question about the possible atomizer/heads - I might be incorrect, but from what I've been able to hunt down, they seem rather similar to the atomizers used by the 'Titan BC' (from TW or TECC). ... In fact, to my eyes, the eMini Duo seems very similar design-wise to the Titan BC - they look practically the same, except for the fact that one comes with a PCC whilst the other not - & Titan BC seems to have a larger/longer, double the capacity battery (105mAh vs 220mAh).

Thanx ! :)

ExFumidus

Dec 31, 2009
London
Oh & P.S. ... I couldn't agree more with the fact that two entire units SHOULD be included in the kit ... I mean for gawds sake it's called a bloody "DUO" - duh! (Last time I checked that still meant TWO, no!? :p

Might u fill us in on Ovale's follow-up reply 2u, & their reasoning for only including the one complete unit in the kit ?? Did they at least have an half-decent excuse ?

Last edited:

ExFumidus

Dec 31, 2009
London
FYI the atomizer looks a hell of alot like the s510 from trueman-ecig:
slim ecig 510 atomizer

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more ... I don't think those atomizer heads/coils you mentioned above (or from RazeVapor) look anything alike to the ones the eMini Duo uses (& the OP pictured above.) They're a completely different shape!

More accurately Ovale emini duo is looking more like the cross of the eRoll and eLeaf's mini iKit with PCC functionality of the eRoll and battery size in length may be and atomizer design of eLeaf even the tank look the same just with small difference of mouth piece which is flat in Ovale.

However huge price difference eLeaf's kit is average 15 USD adding the pcc of eroll of 35 USD average, Ovale is charging almost the double the amount

Last edited:
hmmm it is exactly the same as eLeaf's iKiss just the less battery capacity of 105 mAh then eleaf's 220 mAh thus short length of battery and causing it 100 mm in height making almost same size of emini frst version as compare to eleaf's 117 mm. It also have a PCC called Kiss Box 1700 mAh holding single iKiss more economical i think

iKiss_11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread