Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
LOL, I told myself to sit on it.............and just messaged them through their site. haha. The one i like is on their offers page, so figure it is one they may not do again and are getting rid of stock. Looks great, sanded tubes with shiny top/bottom/middle ring.

thats a beauty.... I hope you get it :)

Rebellz

Jan 25, 2016
Italy
after watching Qorax reviews i got both the phenomenon lite and the Kiss summer edition v2

20160128_223904.jpg

They are amazing. My only issue is that i have some leakings from the air holes if i put the atom horizontally (never leaking when vertical). Is this suppose to happen? Maybe i messed up with my build, just wanted to check.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Looks Sharp!

I have put extra cotton in mine which has helped. I will still get a little out of the air holes at times if on its side, sometimes I am not sure if to much pressure is building up or I am drawing harder. It is happening less the more practice i get with my builds and how I refill it now.

Edit: Won't hurt to add. I use enough cotton that it is snug in the coil and slide it back and forth some to settle. I cut the tails at the edge of the deck about, or just a little back, and make sure the tailes are on the ledge and away from where the juice comes up. Then i put the cap on and the tank on. Now when I refill i close the air flow down, and fill on its side from the top. I think with the bell being so mall it kept disturbing my wick which wasn't helping. I put the metal ring on top and then turn upside down and open the air flow again and then turn right side up.

I did this method for my last build and it worked pretty well, after several tank fulls i would notice some juice out the air holes, again not sure if pressure building up or the wick getting to worn. I just rewicked now and am using the plastic tank without the bottom metal ring.

My first attie like this, in the past i used gg atties and then used bottom feeders. Wanted something else to play with and picked up these. Love the mechanical, ordered a second yesterday, told myself not to get another phenomenon lite because i figure i want a few different tanks something to play with. The size and switch really is a amazing though.

Last edited:

Captain_Vapor

Oct 11, 2015
I ordered my phenominum lite from Greece yesterday and it came today lol, I mean I'm in the uk as well lol, how fast is that for delivery lol, I have ordered things from vendors in uk and it's took 2-3 days lol, I took my first draw and this thing chucks flavour, the kayfun 4 isn't even close to this in flavor like, and the v4 is a big pain in the bot trying to set airflow ect lol, I might just elaborate and buy a zest as well lol

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Phenomenon lite v 1.1 Atomizer RBA GUS polish finish
Sent quickly
Well packed
Precision handling and excellent taste
Yes this is the KING of Flavour
Thank you GUS!
2dvo1g0.jpg
2agtaiq.jpg

Looks beautiful on the SX. IT really is a wonderful RTA. Its not only great in flavor but one of the BEST looking and best made you can buy. ( I have 4)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Just wanted to say hello to all the fellow GUS Lovers.

Anyone got the new Phenom Zest V2? What are the differences? I saw a video on the site but at least I cant view it, something about permissions?

Im still loving my Phenoms and my GUS mods. Hope everyone is doing well.

Long live the tube mech !!!!

Reactions: Fyla

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I could never figure out which tanks to get for easier filling. I tried reaching out and Gus tried to respond but I think the language barrier was too great. I can't cope with the tiny top holes as I buy or make juice in 120 ml increments and I have no desire to decant to smaller needle nose bottles. Even the pen unicorns won't fill it without spilling. I figured I'd get the normal chimney as I have the extreme. But I may just give up. I like the phenomenon lite but so many aspects are a pain. And it seems to flood easily r leak form the air holes I'd the stars don't align. I'm Jair not sure it's worth putting $50 into it for another tank and chimney and expensive shipping. Is there a us vendor for these parts where shipping will not be $20 on a polycarbonate tank?

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
What's the difference in phenomenon lite versions ?

Also o thought there was some method to increase airflow - like build to the side or something. Maybe a different atomizer ?

I'm considering ordering should of the tanks that can bottom fill because I don't use this atomizer due to the top fill. The problem is. They don't look very good from what I've seen. Hard to say as there are almost no pics on the Gus sit.

The way the afc works is frustrating to me also. It spins so easily.

I also have a Gus 22 telescopic. I've mailed and mailed and mailed questions but I get no answer. So support is nonexistent. I think it's due to s language barrier to be fair. But still others should know.

I have s brass part tk the 22 mod and no idea what it does. I think it's an inner sleeve maybe.

350 mode - no idea how tk get it working. Everything is too big for the battery.

Gus needs to slender some time documenting.

Documenting changes in bases

Documenting which tanks are bottom fill

Documenting the mods and tanks usage and builds.

The tanks have such limited appeal in the English speaking world it seems like there's no hope trying tk get anything working right. I keep
Pulling it out trying tk get things going I keep getting frustrated and it goes to a drawer.

Also the extreme vs the special chimney. Functional differences in vape quality are what ?

Thanks all. I'm very frustrated with my phenomenal I'm late I don't know whether the next versions improve some of the problems but the one I have is challenging to use at best what makes it more frustrating is that when it's working the vapor quality is outstanding it's really top top shelf as good as anything else I have but using it is such a pain

Also. Has anyone successfully widened slightly the full on the milk jug tanks or standard tanks ? If he'd just made them 50% larger I'd be using this every day.

Two companies incredibly difficult to deal with. Gus and Mark bugs.

I don't want to spend eve $20 more on tanks if bottom filling the straight provides a gap of 1mm to jam a needle bottle into.

Reactions: anavidfan

Grrrr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
San Francisco via Manchester U.K.
I'd reach out to qorax as he has a lot of the GUS gear and can possibly answer some of your questions, he also has a YouTube channel with some of the GUS stuff including the Phenomenon. BTW I always fill from the bottom, I unscrew the deck and fill from there, this also gives me the opportunity to check my wick and see if it's time to replace the cotton.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The Phenomenon has certainly gone thru a LOT of updates, which was kinda frustrating to keep up with.

Here is a breakdown, I think I have it in the right order:
Phenomenon tight draw, taste is great , hence the name
Phenomenon " Zest " more air
Phenomenon "lite" even more air, and PIMMA (? spelling ) Less stainless parts, less expensive
Phenomenon "lite" V2 ? larger tank, more air
Now there is a new "Zest" with more air ( I have just the base ) dont really see a big difference, and trying to work out the build.

All of them can be filled top or bottom, unless of course you got one of the versions that had the top cap ( part with the heat sink) that had fill holes. Those also had some that had one hole and other that had 2.

It is "jewelry" level machined and hand finished. The Zest (V2 also ) or original is the best looking. I like the "full metal jacket" look.

The extreme chimney vs original has a higher dome shape and circulates air better, ( I think ) less hot.
I think they also added some engraving on the newer ones, pretty, but not really necessary. I do enjoy the extreme more. THe Zests and the Original Phenom came with both chimneys.

Is it really hot where you live , h00ligan? Like the KFL , the Phenom works on pressure , if the temp spikes fast , it will tend to ooze or even leak if not really tight. It is a pain to fill and get used to working the parts/ sections.

I honestly have to admit its the most "fiddly" of all my atties, BUT the taste and looks have me hooked. I would say they ( I have 5 now ) that is not a summer friendly atty. I dont have air conditioning so my Phenoms can drive me nuts sometimes. I have resorted to adjusting my wick builds depending on time of year and use them at night more than during day.

Sometimes I want to sell a few, but then I love them and I know I will miss them. Its my "Jaguar" atty, as in they require work but damn if they dont perform and look so beautiful.

pro3-001_zpsjquxbj6w.jpg

kaser%20BampW-001_zpsakhhbsbo.jpg

MCR-blk-003_zpsaf0vt0qu.jpg

9248c330-5417-4e09-a4fa-16c02cc0ec24_zpsqhfbawyi.jpg

gus-wow-002_zpsq694xz2d.jpg

gus%20switch-005_zps2wi4vaal.jpg

kainos-phenom-005_zpsgt8wtvdc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread