Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Sorry @Uncle. I've been waiting for Rave to do an update but her right hand is still useless so my bad. :blush:

I don't remember where I left off. :?: I'll just go back as far as I can remember.

She was told that she could get a cortisone shot at emergency because she couldn't wait until mid June so she went and they wouldn't do it. They said there were too many joints. :blink: Well yeah, it's her spine. :grr: So they gave her a cortisone infusion and a prescription for Prednisone. Prednisone is nasty stuff so they only gave her a few pills to take after the infusion wore off in 4 days. The dr thought there was some kind of pain cycle going on and the infusion would hopefully break that cycle. It did but she took the Prednisone after it wore off because she was hurting again but not as bad. Whew! This is a lot to remember. Then she went shopping with her BF. It was her 1st non medical outing and she was really happy about getting out of the house. Her BF's back was hurting him so he pushed the cart and Rave used her cane with her right/useless hand. On the way out of the store she fell. :cry: Her right leg gave out and she couldn't support herself with the cane because of her right/useless hand. The next day her back was worse than ever but she bounced back quickly. Then she went through Prednisone withdrawals for a couple days. Her BF told her how to get rid of the withdrawals but she didn't say how. So...the cycle is broken but she is still in alot of pain but I think it's manageable. I haven't talked to her for a couple days so I don't know if there has been any new developments.
Thank you for updating us :) im glad shes doing ok. I just wanted to cry when I read she fell :(
I took prednisone steroid pills for 3 months about 7 years ago. I had poison ivy and poison oak at the same time and I kept getting into to it. I was in college and I had to use the college healthcare...and they decided to "quit" administrating the steroid shots for poison ivy, sumac and oak [emoji35] I gained weight taking 3 pills a day then it went to 2 a day and so on. I walked 3 miles a day and exercised regularly, so I was not happy about the weight gain. It took a long time for me to get back to my normal weight. If they would have just administered the shot it would have been so much better. My fear of needles was really bad back then, but I knew that would have been the best thing. Once I realized how I was getting into the ivy and oak I was able to stop taking the pills. My Husband was bringing it home on his jeans from work (he worked in the oil field), and when I was doing laundry I was getting the poison ivy and oak oils on me. It really sucked.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
@tmcase . . . Really appreciate the update . . .
boy-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

NOW - What about "You" . . . What Ya' been up to ? ? ? How are things going . . .

balance_questions_md_wm_v2.gif

Inquiring Minds NEED To Know . . .
dau-hoi.gif

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
'moanin, Voltalytes.

Speaking of missing updates, how are you doing, Uncle?

Thanks for the Rave update, Terry. I'm sorry to hear she took a spill and had a set back. As bad as it was, at least nothing broke in the process. I suspect she's a pretty tuff woman, to say the least and in the most flattering way, and will get through this bad spell soon.

Wonder where Lizzie got to?

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
@tmcase . . . Really appreciate the update . . .
boy-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

NOW - What about "You" . . . What Ya' been up to ? ? ? How are things going . . .

balance_questions_md_wm_v2.gif

Inquiring Minds NEED To Know . . .
dau-hoi.gif

I'm fine Uncle, thanks for asking. :) Besides worrying about Rave all I've been doing is stocking up on next winter's firewood. BF was here for 2 wks and helped a great deal. He is up in NY helping another of our friends then he'll be back sometime this week. Nothing exciting to write home about. :p

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Glad you're doing OK, too, Terry.

We just went to Lowes and did I ever mention I hate that store? The layout is for the birds and the help is helpless. We bought a new storm door for the front entry (entry sounds classier than front door). When the sales person asked what size I answered "three oh" and got looked at like I landed from Mars. Door sizes are specified in feet then inches, so a three oh, 3-0, means a 36" door and a two eight, 2-8, would be a 32" door. And this was a person working in the door department. Then, once we had the door we found out the lockset is sold separately. This is a "convenience" so you can pick the finish you want. When I worked in a similar store, granted few years ago, you simply asked for the finish you wanted and got the lockset with the door, not for another thirty bucks! Next, they'll hand you the storm door then ask if you want a frame and hinges.

Shopping is no fun anymore.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
My opinion of Lowes has gone up a "tick" at least. We bought ten bags of mulch, commercial black stuff that was on sale, when we got the door. I ran out long before I got two flower beds covered, so we went back for more, 20 bags this time. We got big, flat bed, cart and I had put two bags on when a "sales associate" came up and asked how many bags we were getting. When we told him, he said to just go to the register, pay for what we wanted, then pull around to the side of the building and they would load it right into the car for us. They got a tip, of course, and liked my Invader Mini and my home brew low tank mods, too. They both vape!

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Thank you for updating us :) im glad shes doing ok. I just wanted to cry when I read she fell :(
I took prednisone steroid pills for 3 months about 7 years ago. I had poison ivy and poison oak at the same time and I kept getting into to it. I was in college and I had to use the college healthcare...and they decided to "quit" administrating the steroid shots for poison ivy, sumac and oak [emoji35] I gained weight taking 3 pills a day then it went to 2 a day and so on. I walked 3 miles a day and exercised regularly, so I was not happy about the weight gain. It took a long time for me to get back to my normal weight. If they would have just administered the shot it would have been so much better. My fear of needles was really bad back then, but I knew that would have been the best thing. Once I realized how I was getting into the ivy and oak I was able to stop taking the pills. My Husband was bringing it home on his jeans from work (he worked in the oil field), and when I was doing laundry I was getting the poison ivy and oak oils on me. It really sucked.

This product works well to prevent a rash from poison ivy or oak. Tecnu Outdoor Skin Cleanser | Poison Ivy and Oak Wash | by Tec Labs

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Sorry @Uncle. I've been waiting for Rave to do an update but her right hand is still useless so my bad. :blush:

I don't remember where I left off. :?: I'll just go back as far as I can remember.

She was told that she could get a cortisone shot at emergency because she couldn't wait until mid June so she went and they wouldn't do it. They said there were too many joints. :blink: Well yeah, it's her spine. :grr: So they gave her a cortisone infusion and a prescription for Prednisone. Prednisone is nasty stuff so they only gave her a few pills to take after the infusion wore off in 4 days. The dr thought there was some kind of pain cycle going on and the infusion would hopefully break that cycle. It did but she took the Prednisone after it wore off because she was hurting again but not as bad. Whew! This is a lot to remember. Then she went shopping with her BF. It was her 1st non medical outing and she was really happy about getting out of the house. Her BF's back was hurting him so he pushed the cart and Rave used her cane with her right/useless hand. On the way out of the store she fell. :cry: Her right leg gave out and she couldn't support herself with the cane because of her right/useless hand. The next day her back was worse than ever but she bounced back quickly. Then she went through Prednisone withdrawals for a couple days. Her BF told her how to get rid of the withdrawals but she didn't say how. So...the cycle is broken but she is still in alot of pain but I think it's manageable. I haven't talked to her for a couple days so I don't know if there has been any new developments.

Goodness, thank you for the update, Terry.

Raven, you have to be frustrated by all this but hang in there. Hopefully, the pain issue is getting better for you.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
I'm fine Uncle, thanks for asking. :) Besides worrying about Rave all I've been doing is stocking up on next winter's firewood. BF was here for 2 wks and helped a great deal. He is up in NY helping another of our friends then he'll be back sometime this week. Nothing exciting to write home about. :p

I'm always excited about firewood.

Hubby brought home a huge load of Lodgepole pine from the mountains. Nice! He said that his friend's family was all there and the friends gal was a fantastic cook.

I had a fabulous time at the horse event. We got there and I asked for a bit of help with my harness. Heather is super nice and got me pointed in the right direction on where the breast should be on the horse. A minor adjustment and it was good.

Wiseguy was his usual gotta go self so I drove him a bit whilst waiting for everyone. There was several carts and peeps and horses tacking up but I managed to get through the crowd with no mishaps.

We had to drive through a narrow opening to reach the trail head. I had to get out of the cart to drive Wiseguy through. I was trying to drive from the side but Wiseguy wasn't going forward so they told me to get behind the cart to drive him. We made it through.

Wiseguy was totally in love with one of the mares who was apparently in heat. Once again we were standing around waiting for people and Wiseguy was impatient so I drove him around a bit and then had him stand again. We all got on the road and it was a beautiful day. It was a dirt road. We went over a wood bridge. We had to go through a three foot section of mud. Wiseguy said nope. I pushed him to go forwards but then he started backing me into a barb wire fence and then trying to go on the other side into the brush. I was concerned but kept working to get him to face the mud and go forward. He finally jumped over the mud with me in the cart!!!

We were driving beside the Carson river which was quite high. Really pretty and woodsy on the left and open fields and then sagebrush on the right. We reached a stopping point and it turns out there was a stream crossing just down the hill. We waited up top to see if people were making it across. I said I was game to try it.

I drove down the hill and pushed Wiseguy forward but he turned and tried to go into the woods. I told him "Silly horse, you can't go into the trees." He wanted to turn around but I said no. He tried to skirt the pool of water and for a minute I thought I was going over and going to be covered in mud. He turned to go into the woods and I Whoa'd the little goober.

.Penny got my lead rope and we backed him into the stream bed and together we got him to turn. By then he was actually in the water and decided to go forward. It was pretty wide but shallow. We made it to the other side and had to wait for the others.

We went up a big hill and reached a turn around point near some beautiful cataracts by the river. I led out since Wiseguy really wanted to trot and a gal with a team of minis was right behind me. We jogged and then walked. The horses behind me were so close one snuffled my ..... Then he put his nose into my cart bag looking for carrots!!!!! So funny.

We decided not to take the high road which apparently had a narrow bridge. Back through the water. Wiseguy said no and we turned around to try it again. The team went first and Wiseguy decided he would follow them. Heather parked the team in the middle of the water so she could retrieve her whip. Wiseguy was standing there pawing the water like "Hey, let's get moving." We met up with the high road group and Penny and I trotted an d walked a different road back to the beginning.

So much fun!!!!! We had a bit of potluck and I drove Wiseguy home. I did fine driving the truck with the trailer but I didn't have to back up.

The rest of my weekend was spent putting grommets in shade cloth. I did get the shade cloth up with a bit of help from Hubby. The back patio is really lovely and cool. I'm going to enjoy my new shade cloth curtains.

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Speaking of missing updates, how are you doing, Uncle?

Thanks for being concerned and asking about "Me."

Well "My" Quadruple Bypass surgery was 16 weeks ago today. AND - Although, I was told that it should only be about 6-8 week to start feeling better it didn't happen. I am still in the recouping phases and trying to get somewhat back on "My" feet physically. Also I am still not really feeling well emotionally - nor psychologically either. In addition, I have been experiencing even more problems with the Peripheral Neuropathy in my hands too. SO - It still takes "Me" even more time then it normally does for "Me" to type something up. That is just one of the reasons I haven't been posting much as I have in the past. However, when I read/learn about other friends (like "Rave") and people who are going though a lot worse then I am at the moment - I AM FINE ! ! !

The one good thing right now - is I am still staying involved on ECF, although it is mostly just "Lurking" and checking out what everyone else has been up to. BTW: "You" might be interested in knowing that since April I have been learning more about,"testing"/"trying" the Innokin CoolFire TC 100 since the end of April and hopefully will be posting a review about it soon. Hopefully, once I get a handle on using the TC - it will also help "Me" with the flavor/taste of finding an "E-Liquid" that will work for "Me" too.

Again - THANKS ! ! ! for being concerned and checking up on "Me" . . . :D

Nothing exciting to write home about. :p

Well "We" get pleasure reading about what's happening when "You" post . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

The back patio is really lovely and cool.

pics_or_it_didnt_happen_retro_tshirt-p235350460184511443qj9v_328_zpsa77184e3.jpg

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
evenin', Volties.

Sounds like you had a busy, fun, day, Lizzie.

I was busy all day with mulch, a post office run and working on the new storm door. When the people that lived here before us put the old door on, they used clear, non-paintable, silicon caulk under the jambs. Just getting the old jambs off was a bit of a project. Then there was the gobs of silicon along the edges and underneath, on the brick molding. I ended up using a razor scraper to get the heavy stuff off, then a scrub pad with 91% IPA and a LOT of elbow grease. I've still got to sand and fill the holes before it gets any paint.

Why is it a small, quick, project like replacing a storm door, too often turns into a long, drawn out nightmare? It probably would have been easier to pull the brick molding and replace it with new.

On the plus side, tomorrow is trash day so I put the old door out at the curb with the rest of the trash. It was there about an hour before somebody stopped and picked it up. Recycling at its' finest!

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
evenin', Volties.

Sounds like you had a busy, fun, day, Lizzie.

I was busy all day with mulch, a post office run and working on the new storm door. When the people that lived here before us put the old door on, they used clear, non-paintable, silicon caulk under the jambs. Just getting the old jambs off was a bit of a project. Then there was the gobs of silicon along the edges and underneath, on the brick molding. I ended up using a razor scraper to get the heavy stuff off, then a scrub pad with 91% IPA and a LOT of elbow grease. I've still got to sand and fill the holes before it gets any paint.

Why is it a small, quick, project like replacing a storm door, too often turns into a long, drawn out nightmare? It probably would have been easier to pull the brick molding and replace it with new.

On the plus side, tomorrow is trash day so I put the old door out at the curb with the rest of the trash. It was there about an hour before somebody stopped and picked it up. Recycling at its' finest!

Yes, I spent hours on making some shade curtains for the patio and I am not even quite done yet. They are functional but I need to make better hangers and I need to put one more piece up. I have enough cloth and grommets left to do one more panel if I get the energy. It isn't real pretty but it went to 87 degrees today and the house is at 72 degrees so they are working. Also, I was able to sit outside very early this morning without the sun beaming directly into my eyes.

Good for you for getting something done, awsum. It's a lot of effort but satisfying, as well.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Are you in any of the photos? Which?
Yes, I'm in the turquoise and pink plaid no sleeve shirt with a straw cowboy hat. Wiseguy looks mostly white with a reddish brown head.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread