Not open for further replies.

Butch

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
433 miles north. of the Alamo
Anyone:

Question: The Mega Cero......is there more than one airhole size? And how do you know when you have it lined up when turning? I cannot find any indicators that show when the two holes are lined up.

Thank you for any and all replies.
You have hit on my one & only gripe about the mega. There is only one hole & the only way I have found to line it up is to get under a bright light & look down through the hole to see when is correctly aligned. I can live with it but that could have been done better.

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
Anyone:

Question: The Mega Cero......is there more than one airhole size? And how do you know when you have it lined up when turning? I cannot find any indicators that show when the two holes are lined up.

Thank you for any and all replies.

I agree with Butch - the one teeny air hole is a beeachay to line up but if you're in bright light, you can see it better AND if you suck on the drip tip you can tell the difference, too. I try like heck not to disturb my air setting when filling the tank, but perhaps I should close it like some other tanks recommend. Otherwise, the Cero Mega is still my top fave tank and the T-22 is running a very close second.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
You have hit on my one & only gripe about the mega. There is only one hole & the only way I have found to line it up is to get under a bright light & look down through the hole to see when is correctly aligned. I can live with it but that could have been done better.
Yes...the airflow is a bit of a pain with the Mega. I have gotten the knack of it, pretty much. Need a bright light. Also I find it helps to blow a sharp quick blow of air into the hole to clear it so you can see better. Then, once you think you have it...you have to draw on it a bit and tweak it if necessary. I have not yet been successful in filling and replacing the tank without knocking the airflow alignment off. But...it's getting easier to get it back where I want it, with practice.

pbxbelmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2014
Buried in books
Got my megas the other day. Have to say I prefer the v2's. When the mega is loaded, attached, and the airflow is right, it's just as good a vape. However, I find several things are problematic:

1. The airflow hole is wonky to adjust and is hard to keep in place when removing to refill - why not the same sliding set up as the v2?
2. The fill holes just barely accommodate the average juice bottle eye dropper - why not slots like the v2?
3. It really only holds about the same amount as the v2 - 3 drippers full. Once it's turned over it does not look full, unlike the v2.
4. The threads on the base of mine are scratchy when reattaching the base to the filled tank. Makes me nervous to have to fidget around before it starts to catch cleanly.

I do like the fatter form factor. But other than that, the megas are going to sit around most of the time until my v2's crap out.
:(

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Got my megas the other day. Have to say I prefer the v2's. When the mega is loaded, attached, and the airflow is right, it's just as good a vape. However, I find several things are problematic:

1. The airflow hole is wonky to adjust and is hard to keep in place when removing to refill - why not the same sliding set up as the v2?
2. The fill holes just barely accommodate the average juice bottle eye dropper - why not slots like the v2?
3. It really only holds about the same amount as the v2 - 3 drippers full. Once it's turned over it does not look full, unlike the v2.
4. The threads on the base of mine are scratchy when reattaching the base to the filled tank. Makes me nervous to have to fidget around before it starts to catch cleanly.

I do like the fatter form factor. But other than that, the megas are going to sit around most of the time until my v2's crap out.

I'm with you, for the most part, but I do like them better than the Kangers. I do wish they made the channel large enough to do The Q-Tip Trick though (maximum fill).

MY preference is for the V2 also though.

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
I guess I'm going to HAVE to break down and buy the V2 - simply because it gets such high raves here. Pbxbelmar, my solution for the 'rough' machining on the base is to set it on a paper towel (to prevent scratching) and press the base into the top and then turn the top while holding the bottom stable until it 'catches' and then finish screwing it together. It helps to avoid that 'scratchy' feel of the metal when putting it back together. I agree with your points and with DP about the q-tip issue. However, I am so pleased with these tanks that I use them every day. I am going to order the V2, though, just to see why you all love it so much. :p I'm sure I will love it, too. Happy Sunday to everyone!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I guess I'm going to HAVE to break down and buy the V2 - simply because it gets such high raves here. Pbxbelmar, my solution for the 'rough' machining on the base is to set it on a paper towel (to prevent scratching) and press the base into the top and then turn the top while holding the bottom stable until it 'catches' and then finish screwing it together. It helps to avoid that 'scratchy' feel of the metal when putting it back together. I agree with your points and with DP about the q-tip issue. However, I am so pleased with these tanks that I use them every day. I am going to order the V2, though, just to see why you all love it so much. :p I'm sure I will love it, too. Happy Sunday to everyone!

They're not THAT much different, Donna, so I'll leave it to you whether it's worth spending money on. The airflow is easier to control (one of the best I've seen, actually), you can fill them to the top (easily), and they have a very solid feel to them. I didn't detect a tremendous difference in the actual vape, but I'm the guy who likes everything, so am maybe not the best source.

Put it this way - I enjoy my BVC coils stuff as much as I do my Kayfuns or Kabukis. Supposedly, that's absurd. I REALLY like changing from one thing to another, after I've been vaping on something for a day or two.

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
They're not THAT much different, Donna, so I'll leave it to you whether it's worth spending money on. The airflow is easier to control (one of the best I've seen, actually), you can fill them to the top (easily), and they have a very solid feel to them. I didn't detect a tremendous difference in the actual vape, but I'm the guy who likes everything, so am maybe not the best source.

Put it this way - I enjoy my BVC coils stuff as much as I do my Kayfuns or Kabukis. Supposedly, that's absurd. I REALLY like changing from one thing to another, after I've been vaping on something for a day or two.

DP: I've just heard so much good about the V2s that I am convinced that it will be worth trying them. I only got the megas because they hold more juice, so it'll be nice to have yet another flavor on hand. I wish I could sell all the tanks I invested in that are leakers or spitters or just too small... but who wants those? Although, they will come in handy if the Vapocalypse comes.

I rotate between 6-7 different flavors every day, all day long, two megas, two T-22s and my three T-18s. I don't own any rebuildables. I like the top fill part a lot, as long as it isn't a leaker. Thanks for your input! :)

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Personally, I've come to really appreciate the Cero Mega. Since I use a needle top bottle anyway, the somewhat smallish fill holes don't bother me. I agree it seems silly to make the tank tall when the juice is all down in the bottom when upright, anyway. I just turn my tank upside down if in doubt how much juice is left. Doesn't hurt anything or make it want to leak or anything. A bit of an annoyance (along with that airflow control hole), but not a deal breaker. Anyway...once I took off the drip tip that it came with and put on one I liked better...it's one of two style tanks I use almost exclusively. The other one is the GS Air M. I don't use the V2 as much. I use it on my iTazte V3s that I use sometimes when reading at night, or when I go out grocery shopping or whatever. I like the Mega because I don't have to refill it as often. I'm a pretty heavy vaper. Other than the size thing...and the glitches noted...the Mega and V2 vape exactly the same for me, and no gurgling, spitting or leaks.

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
Personally, I've come to really appreciate the Cero Mega. Since I use a needle top bottle anyway, the somewhat smallish fill holes don't bother me. I agree it seems silly to make the tank tall when the juice is all down in the bottom when upright, anyway. I just turn my tank upside down if in doubt how much juice is left. Doesn't hurt anything or make it want to leak or anything. A bit of an annoyance (along with that airflow control hole), but not a deal breaker. Anyway...once I took off the drip tip that it came with and put on one I liked better...it's one of two style tanks I use almost exclusively. The other one is the GS Air M. I don't use the V2 as much. I use it on my iTazte V3s that I use sometimes when reading at night, or when I go out grocery shopping or whatever. I like the Mega because I don't have to refill it as often. I'm a pretty heavy vaper. Other than the size thing...and the glitches noted...the Mega and V2 vape exactly the same for me, and no gurgling, spitting or leaks.

I love the no gurgling, spitting or leaks - it makes a tank outstanding for me. I appreciate your input, too, I learn something from nearly every post that is helpful. I only had a problem when using short, fat top bottles which I'm using presently, so I use a 3 ml syringe to fill with until that brand is gone. MUCH prefer the needle tops! I haven't tried the GS Air M - but do hear good things about it. Is it as nice as the Ceros? (No spitting, etc) and are the coils as cheap? That's big for me since I don't intend to ever make my own. Thanks for your post!

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I love the no gurgling, spitting or leaks - it makes a tank outstanding for me. I appreciate your input, too, I learn something from nearly every post that is helpful. I only had a problem when using short, fat top bottles which I'm using presently, so I use a 3 ml syringe to fill with until that brand is gone. MUCH prefer the needle tops! I haven't tried the GS Air M - but do hear good things about it. Is it as nice as the Ceros? (No spitting, etc) and are the coils as cheap? That's big for me since I don't intend to ever make my own. Thanks for your post!
I've never had any trouble whatsoever with my GS Air Ms...no gurgling, spitting or leaking. Love the airflow controller on them, too! The coils are great...last a really long time (remember...I'm a very heavy vaper), probably the same as the Aspire BVCs I use in the Ceros. I can get weeks of use out of them. I use 1.5 ohm in the GS Airs and `1.6 in the Aspire BVCs. I had one GS Air coil that lasted (no kidding) almost 10 weeks of heavy (as in 12+ ml) daily use! Usually both type coils last between 2 weeks and a month, though. The price on the GS Airs is a smidgen more I think. Not enough to worry me due to how long they usually last. I mostly get mine at RMV or Sweet Vapes.

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
I've never had any trouble whatsoever with my GS Air Ms...no gurgling, spitting or leaking. Love the airflow controller on them, too! The coils are great...last a really long time (remember...I'm a very heavy vaper), probably the same as the Aspire BVCs I use in the Ceros. I can get weeks of use out of them. I use 1.5 ohm in the GS Airs and `1.6 in the Aspire BVCs. I had one GS Air coil that lasted (no kidding) almost 10 weeks of heavy (as in 12+ ml) daily use! Usually both type coils last between 2 weeks and a month, though. The price on the GS Airs is a smidgen more I think. Not enough to worry me due to how long they usually last. I mostly get mine at RMV or Sweet Vapes.

Thank you so much fourthrok, VERY helpful info. Wow, 10 weeks - that's amazing. I get a lot of life out of my coils, too, except the dang Joyetechs that go in my AIO (which I seldom use & wish I hadn't wasted the money on... it was that dang built-in disco light that got me, I think). I ordered some notched coils to try out to see if I can fall in love with it...lol. Nothing beats my beloved T-18s & T-22 except my Ceros sitting atop my Cool Fire IVs or my MVP 3.0 Pro. I'll look into the GS Air next... I just ordered a Cero V2 today & it's already shipped... gotta love LiteBreeze!

I'm *still* cogitating on whether or not to invest in a battery mod (because of the threat of the Vapocalypse) and charger and that sort of thing... your thoughts? I'm spending SO much more on vaping supplies than I ever did on cigarettes so far, but feeling tons better (and smelling better!) so I have to figure out where to draw the line.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)

Real simple answer to the why nots. The mega is earlier version....made before the upgrades of the V2. Specifically, the nicer air flow system had not been invented yet.

I have enjoyed both versions for over a year and am pleased with this small revival of the mega, as I now have a spare megas for the Vape chest, next to the v2 supply.

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
Real simple answer to the why nots. The mega is earlier version....made before the upgrades of the V2. Specifically, the nicer air flow system had not been invented yet.

I have enjoyed both versions for over a year and am pleased with this small revival of the mega, as I now have a spare megas for the Vape chest, next to the v2 supply.

Tearose - thanks for that -- I wondered why the Mega didn't have a better system, but now I'll own 2 Megas and one V2 that's on the way. Everyone here has helped me so much making my decisions! My Vape Chest (I like that terminology) is growing larger and larger.... so I will NEVER be tempted to return to the stinky analogs again.

Fourthrok, I took the plunge! Got the GS Air M just now for $9.95 and the coils for $7.95 (+ $3 S&H) -- can scarcely ask for more than that for a great deal, right? I googled around and sweet-vapes.com had the best prices!

Everyone have a safe, peaceful Memorial weekend! I know I am (I stayed inside).

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
DP: I've just heard so much good about the V2s that I am convinced that it will be worth trying them. I only got the megas because they hold more juice, so it'll be nice to have yet another flavor on hand. I wish I could sell all the tanks I invested in that are leakers or spitters or just too small... but who wants those? Although, they will come in handy if the Vapocalypse comes.

I rotate between 6-7 different flavors every day, all day long, two megas, two T-22s and my three T-18s. I don't own any rebuildables. I like the top fill part a lot, as long as it isn't a leaker. Thanks for your input! :)

Donna, it's so neat to see that you have been (and are) all things Cero! I think you'll be delighted with the V2. I mean that, sincerely. For me, it's got no comparison. I like the capacity of the Mega, but would not trade my V2s ever (and have quite a few stashed).

Do let us know how you like the GS Airs. They are definitely some of 4th's faves. I liked them for awhile, then realized they weren't a great fit for me, but as with anything vape........ vape to taste. :)

As far as your other tanks? (the leakers and spitters?) Perhaps you can make them work for you. Right now, my (unsolicited) advise is......

SELL NOTHING.

My 22 centavos~

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
I'm *still* cogitating on whether or not to invest in a battery mod (because of the threat of the Vapocalypse) and charger and that sort of thing... your thoughts? I'm spending SO much more on vaping supplies than I ever did on cigarettes so far, but feeling tons better (and smelling better!) so I have to figure out where to draw the line.

Donna, I would say YES, you do need to have a couple of mods with switchable batteries. One day all your rechargeables will be worn out and what will you do if you can't easily get something new? Just to be safe, YES YES YES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread