Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Love the Crown and it's rba deck. Use a 2mm di and pancake wicking, no issues with leaking and decent airflow. I save the tails when I build for my rta's and rda'S for my Crowns. Usually sporting 30x2/36 SS fused Clapton and flavor is great.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I've tried 2mm up to 3.5mm. My wife prefers SS316L single coils 6 spaced wraps at 3mm. She only MTL vapes, so I actually ended up taking the airflow restrictor plug from my tfv4 RBA and she enjoys it.

As far as wicking, we only use rayon. Pancake, Kayfun style, thick tails, thin tails, S wick, etc. There's never a dry hit and it's not flooding while she Vapes. I'm 95% sure it's just a bad RBA. O-rings or tolerance somewhere makes it leak. I've emailed uwell directly multiple times and the eBay seller we purchased it from with absolutely no responses so I gave up on them as a company.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I've tried 2mm up to 3.5mm. My wife prefers SS316L single coils 6 spaced wraps at 3mm. She only MTL vapes, so I actually ended up taking the airflow restrictor plug from my tfv4 RBA and she enjoys it.

As far as wicking, we only use rayon. Pancake, Kayfun style, thick tails, thin tails, S wick, etc. There's never a dry hit and it's not flooding while she Vapes. I'm 95% sure it's just a bad RBA. O-rings or tolerance somewhere makes it leak. I've emailed uwell directly multiple times and the eBay seller we purchased it from with absolutely no responses so I gave up on them as a company.
Yeah I've heard that they went to ...., the Rafael Tank is sure ..... I did get the Rafael X rda, awesome concept and once you remove that .... gimmicky swirl .... in the tip good flavor. But you can also see where they cheaped out on a few things. All in all I really like the rda, it's a series Mod fans wet dream.

But I really do love the Crown and it's RBA deck, it's in my regular rotation

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Ok I started a thread that didn't go anywhere. With everything out there, anyone else noticed this Stargate rda? It looks like the tsunami and the goon had a kid lol. Just wish it was bigger than 22. Found it on eciggity and am just curious some other folks thoughts.
IMG_5684__77405.1464217017.1280.1280.png

Stargate RDA by Tobeco

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Just an FYI - there are Predators up for sale on Hellfire right now... There were 13 until I showed up :)

Predator
They actually still have 3 available. Surprising when you consider that even a month ago those 13 would've sold out in a matter of minutes.

Reactions: HeiSINberg

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Yeah, very good for the people who have it had any luck getting one without paying flipper pricing :)

It's so random IMHO. You normally can't get a Hellfire product and here they sit. Kinda like a few weeks ago a full batch of HoboX's sat for sale almost an entire day before everyone figured out they were there.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Yeah, very good for the people who have it had any luck getting one without paying flipper pricing :)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Exactly. I finally was able to order one earlier in the week and right now it's sitting in US customs. Hopefully it makes it to me by the end of next week.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
They actually still have 3 available. Surprising when you consider that even a month ago those 13 would've sold out in a matter of minutes.
Yeah I've kept myself on the notification at Avid Vaper and picked up a second Velocity V2 as a backup. They still sell out in a matter of minutes, preparing for the FDA Vapocolypse which is coming down on us here across the pond.

Dylan Binh

May 25, 2016
Hanoi city, Vietnam
For the newbie as me, and consider the financial state *sob*, can you guys give me any advice to pick up RDA Tsunami authentic. For now my own set is Rx200 + Griffin RTA. But sooner I will try to make my own e-liquid (already purchased some flavor concentrated and nic base from Canadian seller, the only one that I can find on ebay due to shipping problem so I dont have many choices). And I think to get a hold on a RDA will be right choice to test out the flavor.

Griffin tank as my own feeling is very good and convenient. All day vape without refill, nice AFC control, no leaking, sexy body,... But some how the feeling about flavor and cloud is just so so. Not bat but not really good too - dual coil parallel build 0,41ohm Khanthal 26ga with about 10/9 wraps (as my friend has Rx200 and Uwell tank, same coil build and each vape feel more comfort and softly, flavor is quite nice too, only con that the Uwell leaking quite often even we try to arrange the cotton again and again, lol, is it defected - this Uwell is authentic for the Godsake).

So what do you guys think about Tsunami RDA for a newbie looking for Flavor in first priority.
Tsunami (RDA) | GeekVape
Thank you thanh you!

P/S: in my research, I saw a sexy mech mod too, Steampunk in Black color. Its just my own feeling that its suit my taste, like a art-product. But for the vaping feeling and using, what do you guys think about it?
Tesla Steampunk Mechanical Mod Single 18650

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
The predator is great, I traded my favorite rda just so I didn't have to pay that price. And it was totally worth it imo. Yeah it sucks that I traded my precious but hey, I also got something that's hard to get and it's something I've been wanting. It's different straight trading soemthing that's hard to get for something that's also hard to get. My ouch moment came from once it was traded then I had 3 chances to buy a predator, like jhhollier said, they never lasted any other time but now they are. Still glad I didn't have to spend the price though, but then again it is worth it so it's all how you look at it.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
For the newbie as me, and consider the financial state *sob*, can you guys give me any advice to pick up RDA Tsunami authentic. For now my own set is Rx200 + Griffin RTA. But sooner I will try to make my own e-liquid (already purchased some flavor concentrated and nic base from Canadian seller, the only one that I can find on ebay due to shipping problem so I dont have many choices). And I think to get a hold on a RDA will be right choice to test out the flavor.

Griffin tank as my own feeling is very good and convenient. All day vape without refill, nice AFC control, no leaking, sexy body,... But some how the feeling about flavor and cloud is just so so. Not bat but not really good too - dual coil parallel build 0,41ohm Khanthal 26ga with about 10/9 wraps (as my friend has Rx200 and Uwell tank, same coil build and each vape feel more comfort and softly, flavor is quite nice too, only con that the Uwell leaking quite often even we try to arrange the cotton again and again, lol, is it defected - this Uwell is authentic for the Godsake).

So what do you guys think about Tsunami RDA for a newbie looking for Flavor in first priority.
Tsunami (RDA) | GeekVape
Thank you thanh you!

P/S: in my research, I saw a sexy mech mod too, Steampunk in Black color. Its just my own feeling that its suit my taste, like a art-product. But for the vaping feeling and using, what do you guys think about it?
Tesla Steampunk Mechanical Mod Single 18650

I think the Tsunami is not an ideal choice for your purposes. I had high hopes for it considering the flavor that GeekVape's other two attys produce but for me it was a miss.

What's the most you can/want to spend on an RDA?

Reactions: Dylan Binh

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
$153 USD "not" including shipping to the US?

OUCH, I'll pass[/Q
The predator is great, I traded my favorite rda just so I didn't have to pay that price. And it was totally worth it imo. Yeah it sucks that I traded my precious but hey, I also got something that's hard to get and it's something I've been wanting. It's different straight trading soemthing that's hard to get for something that's also hard to get. My ouch moment came from once it was traded then I had 3 chances to buy a predator, like jhhollier said, they never lasted any other time but now they are. Still glad I didn't have to spend the price though, but then again it is worth it so it's all how you look at it.

Haha I found myself on the site last night as I sold a vintage keyboard I had kicking around thinking to myself well this will mitigate the cost by $75 and make that $155 dollar price tag much easier to swallow haha so I load it into the cart and look at my total after the $75 in PayPal credit hmmm wtf its still saying $115 :eek:
o_O:eek:
I had forgot to include shipping which bumped this badboy up to a $189 fuuuuck with my current finamcial situation I just couldn't do it guys I just couldn't do it 8(

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Haha I found myself on the site last night as I sold a vintage keyboard I had kicking around thinking to myself well this will mitigate the cost by $75 and make that $155 dollar price tag much easier to swallow haha so I load it into the cart and look at my total after the $75 in PayPal credit hmmm ... its still saying $115 :eek:
o_O:eek:
I had forgot to include shipping which bumped this badboy up to a $189 fuuuuck with my current finamcial situation I just couldn't do it guys I just couldn't do it 8(
Hmmm. Did you put your address in before getting to that total? That sounds like the VAT was still added in to the final cost. Mine was like $166ish after shipping. Still pretty high but that extra $20 that you saw was probably because of VAT (which we aren't supposed to have to pay)

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Hmmm. Did you put your address in before getting to that total? That sounds like the VAT was still added in to the final cost. Mine was like $166ish after shipping. Still pretty high but that extra $20 that you saw was probably because of VAT (which we aren't supposed to have to pay)

exactly

upload_2016-5-30_6-37-52.png

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I'm not really sure but your probobaly right. I think I'm going to pick up a kaze v2 (it seems to be a fairly decent flavor atty )and a kayfun v5 for roughly the same amount of money.

My problem is I'm going to be daydreaming about that predator all the time haha it happened to me with the the nopity I still day dream about it

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I'm not really sure but your probobaly right. I think I'm going to pick up a kaze v2 (it seems to be a fairly decent flavor atty )and a kayfun v5 for roughly the same amount of money.

My problem is I'm going to be daydreaming about that predator all the time haha it happened to me with the the nopity I still day dream about it
Oh trust me I feel your pain, I was day dreaming about the predator for months and months. I had to trade my NarDA to get one, which was hard for me since it was my favorite rda. It was a good trade, plus I figured what the hell, if I didn't end up liking the predator I could always sell or trade it just as fast. That's the thing with higher end hard to get mods and rda's, yes there expensive for me but if you take that leap it's just as easy to unload for something just as good that in the end you might just end up loving. Plus it's beautiful lol.
c3b4807e41ed66934fc77d4115482ce3.jpg

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
And to your question I did enter my address but I was only at the subtotal screen so it mighy
Oh trust me I feel your pain, I was day dreaming about the predator for months and months. I had to trade my NarDA to get one, which was hard for me since it was my favorite rda. It was a good trade, plus I figured what the hell, if I didn't end up liking the predator I could always sell or trade it just as fast. That's the thing with higher end hard to get mods and rda's, yes there expensive for me but if you take that leap it's just as easy to unload for something just as good that in the end you might just end up loving. Plus it's beautiful lol.
c3b4807e41ed66934fc77d4115482ce3.jpg

I'm always so jealous of your setups ....Sin !!

So thoughts on the kanger 160 dripbox anyone ?;I'm super close to pulling the trigger on it I just have so many mods. I only have 1 squonk though and i dont use it because of how i have to build on it (dripbox) to get any vapor have to build around .25 or below

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
And to your question I did enter my address but I was only at the subtotal screen so it mighy

I'm always so jealous of your setups ....Sin !!

So thoughts on the kanger 160 dripbox anyone ?;I'm super close to pulling the trigger on it I just have so many mods. I only have 1 squonk though and i dont use it because of how i have to build on it (dripbox) to get any vapor have to build around .25 or below
Don't be lol it took me forever to get this specific setup and it's my dream set up. But there both a pain to get now or else I'd own at least 4. It's just so compact.

I was looking at the new drip box, I have a mech mokooo squonk mod and it hits so damn weak that I have to build crazy low just to get a satisfying vape and I can't stand it cause it kills the battery too fast. I just hope they fixed what I didn't like about the first drip box, like the feeder tube and bottle set up. I tossed mine cause I didn't trust it but now I wish I didn't cause I need another squonker desperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread