SXmini Q Class Powered by YiHi SX450 Chip Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Not laying on the side would be a show stopper for me. I need to be able to safely pocket my mods while in route and having pocket puddles is a no-no.

It was a show stopper for me too because I have to lay my mods down otherwise my cats knock them over. It would leak for about a half hour after I filled it and then it stopped leaking. Never could figure out what the problem was.

Reactions: GeorgeS

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I'm probably in the minority, but I like building my own coils. After getting an Aromamizer Supreme I think it will be hard for any tank to top it (at least for this generation). It's easy to build/wick, lots of vapor, and most importantly great flavor. The ones I have don't leak either.

Cheers,
Steve

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I'm probably in the minority, but I like building my own coils. After getting an Aromamizer Supreme I think it will be hard for any tank to top it (at least for this generation). It's easy to build/wick, lots of vapor, and most importantly great flavor. The ones I have don't leak either.

Cheers,
    Steve

That is one of my favorite recent purchases as well. I have a V1 and never could get it to work right. I'm currently trying a Boreas and wondering why I did not just get another Supreme? Great tank. I like having both JFC and AFC. No leaks so far after three refills. Fits larger 2x18650 mods well. (like the "Q" perhaps?)

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2013
    Flat Rock, MI, USA
    That is one of my favorite recent purchases as well. I have a V1 and never could get it to work right. I'm currently trying a Boreas and wondering why I did not just get another Supreme? Great tank. I like having both JFC and AFC. No leaks so far after three refills. Fits larger 2x18650 mods well. (like the "Q" perhaps?)
    I agree completely George. As a matter of fact I just ordered 2 more Black ones today for backups (FDA regs have me in hoarder mode). I just received the Black glass today. Although I usually prefer clear, this combination I really like.
    IMG_20160523_200217_zpstckxf4s0.jpg

Cheers,
    Steve

bonmatos

ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2014
    riviera, France
    A short video of the Q Class to 200W...! for Fun and not for vaper! (I can assure you the cotton is nothing :) but 200w isn't my vape)

!!!! for your safety! Do not vaper to higher power if you do not have the equipment and sufficient knowledge!

Test of Yihi SXmini 200W with T ° of Batteries, 2 x Sony VTC5... double coil 0.24 ohm

The voltage drop is normal to this power and the battery do not heat up.

I am not equipped to vaper to 200W and it is not my way of vaper...

This test is intended to show that the Q Class, can make 200W with VTC5 battery or other good quality battery.

The Q Class is a good mod, with great autonomy for a normal vape or more for the pros... :thumbs:

retird

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2010
    North Side
    Do you think a person trying to use a device the way it's advertised is being reckless?
    Or
    Do you think a company advertising a 2 x 18650 device as 200 watts is being reckless?

To the good folks here: Just one last redundant post.

Good Morning Wings...
    I put off a reply to your post until I got an answer from Yihi on these questions.

My questions to Yihi and Yihi's replies:

Question 1: Yihi put up a video and it shows the Q set to 200 watts and also shows metered output at almost 210 watts.
    Will Yihi be putting out a firmware update to correct the accuracy of wattage output?

Answer from Yihi:
    We call sxmini Q class 200w the reason is that the device can get to 200w for users to use , but with the original batteries and using the proffessional admaesuring instrument that can max to at almost 210 watts.
    And for the watts that is not need a firmware that can get to the watts we mettered just based on the batteries.

Question 2/3:
    What specific batteries does Yihi recommend using while vaping the Q at 200 watts? Which batteries are safe to use at 200 watts?

Answer from Yihi:
    We generrally use the original Sumsang brand batteries.

No need to bore anybody with my thoughts concerning the answers above.

Wings, a response to your questions:

Do you think a person trying to use a device the way it's advertised is being reckless?

Yes, if they are familiar with battery safety and battery capabilities and choose to vape at 200 watts and if they are not familiar they don't know that they are being reckless at 200 watts If they are not familiar then they should become familiar before using such a device. Many (maybe most) posters here say they will not vape the Q at 200 watts.

Do you think a company advertising a 2 x 18650 device as 200 watts is being reckless?

I think it's reckless and irresponsible of any company advertising and marketing a dual 18650 mod that is capable of delivering 200 watts until adequate batteries are available. There will be many people that buy this mod (or one from another company that claims the same thing) A lot of folks who are not even ECF members also read these threads and many don't even go to a forum. They will read the advertising or watch the video review and figure it's safe to vape at 200 watts because the device will output that wattage.

Disclaimer: Just my opinion..... form your own as you wish and vape on.... :thumbs:

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2009
    Michigan
    A short video of the Q Class to 200W...! for Fun and not for vaper! (I can assure you the cotton is nothing :) but 200w isn't my vape)

!!!! for your safety! Do not vaper to higher power if you do not have the equipment and sufficient knowledge!

Test of Yihi SXmini 200W with T ° of Batteries, 2 x Sony VTC5... double coil 0.24 ohm

This test is intended to show that the Q Class, can make 200W with VTC5 battery or other good quality battery.

The Q Class is a good mod, with great autonomy for a normal vape or more for the pros... :thumbs:

Thanks for making that video. :thumbs:

retird

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2010
    North Side

Yes, there was no question as to the device being able to make 200 watts but doing it safely with those batteries was not proven in the video. Notice the temp rise was from 24C while probe was on the table then up to 36C during the test. Normal body temperature is 37C. Temperature started rising when the thumb was placed on the probe before the device was even fired. Notice the thumb in continuous contact with the probe and the probe sometimes touching a battery and sometimes not. No meters to verify output voltage, amp draw, output wattage, internal temperature of the battery not determined, battery sag (stress on the battery) not determined, and etc. etc.

Not bashing the tester but must question the test as valid. A valid test would also require the covers to be on the device which would "trap" heat under normal user conditions.

Last edited:

bonmatos

ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2014
    riviera, France
    Yes you are right this test has nothing professional, but nevertheless shows that the temperature does not exceed the body temperature.

In any case I'm super happy with my Q class and is what is important.

In the vape, the main is to have fun and I am happy with it ;)

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2009
    Michigan
    Who did you order from VapeNW?

Yes. I just got word from VapeNW and Breasy that their shipments are coming in the first week of June. Looks like some vendors like Varitube and Origin get shipments before anyone else for some reason. Maybe because they order in larger quantities. I know that's how it works with most manufactures. The big vendors always get shipments before anyone else.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 26, 2015
    Lincoln, NE
    Yes. I just got word from VapeNW and Breasy that their shipments are coming in the first week of June. Looks like some vendors like Varitube and Origin get shipments before anyone else for some reason. Maybe because they order in larger quantities. I know that's how it works with most manufactures. The big vendors always get shipments before anyone else.
    Either that or something contractual especially for Varitube. Since they sell DIY Yihi parts and what have you so that makes sense. I'm starting to get rather antsy now as I've went thru Breazy for the discounted price. Guess I'll just stay strong!

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2014
    USA
    I wonder where Vape Royalty falls in line. I haven't contacted them to ask but this dragging into June sucks.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2009
    Michigan
    I wonder where Vape Royalty falls in line. I haven't contacted them to ask but this dragging into June sucks.

VR will probably get them in the first week of June too. I don't think I'll pre-order any more products anymore. This has dragged out far longer than I anticipated. YIHI announced the Q way to ahead of time. I don't think manufactures should announce products when they're still in the development stage. They should wait until a few weeks before shipping is expected. Like Aspire did with the Plato. It was available to buy a few weeks after the announced it. I foolish pre-ordered it thinking it was sale price and it turned out some vendors were selling them for the same price I pre-ordered for. So I think my pre-order days are over with. I'll just wait until it hits the market and buy from the cheapest vendor. Like right now people can buy a Q for $180 at Eight Vape. SX Mini Q Class 200W Mod by YiHi

Steamer861

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    VR will probably get them in the first week of June too. I don't think I'll pre-order any more products anymore. This has dragged out far longer than I anticipated. YIHI announced the Q way to ahead of time. I don't think manufactures should announce products when they're still in the development stage. They should wait until a few weeks before shipping is expected. Like Aspire did with the Plato. It was available to buy a few weeks after the announced it. I foolish pre-ordered it thinking it was sale price and it turned out some vendors were selling them for the same price I pre-ordered for. So I think my pre-order days are over with. I'll just wait until it hits the market and buy from the cheapest vendor. Like right now people can buy a Q for $180 at Eight Vape. SX Mini Q Class 200W Mod by YiHi
    I never thought any venders would sell below MRSP after the release, thats why i preordered.
    We did get a pretty good deal @ VR with the 2 cells included. But their playing this stupid! Door colour game, the mods are all the same inside, why would they release the black & brown first!
    It's just stupid & Pisses me Off!

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2009
    Michigan
    I never thought any venders would sell below MRSP after the release, thats why i preordered.
    We did get a pretty good deal @ VR with the 2 cells included. But their playing this stupid! Door colour game, the mods are all the same inside, why would they release the black & brown first!

I agree, I pre-ordered too because I figured no one would sell below retail after the release. At lease June is around the corner and the torture of waiting will be over. :)

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2014
    USA
    I agree they announced it way to early. I usually avoid pre-orders and almost skipped this one too, but I felt it was a good deal and didn't anticipate so many delays. I saved 42 bucks but I could of payed full price from Varitube and ordered last week and have it in hand right now lol.

I feel it was a good deal but it is dragging on for too long.
    I ordered brown.

Reactions: Hyperspace
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread