Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
:)

What's the Peak program? Anyone peeked?

ETA: no string attached? :unsure:

It's not worth it. You pay like $5 per month (or something). I'll spend the extra $10 on the mod (but that's just me).

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I peeked and peaked. Once. But I don't believe it's ECF suitable convo. ;)

I don't know about dingersweet, but I not only heard ya singin' but I saw ya dancin'.;) Have a great one, KD. Livin' it up at da beach on anna maria island. be well, sweetie.:)
picture from my morning stroll.
20160527_100244_zps9kljfrhd.jpg

Looks like an amazing stroll, Doc. Hope you enjoyed it for all of us!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The best side-by-side to house something that tall would be the Athena Envy22. Has a very deep tank well.
The Athena eNVy 22 has a 45 mm deep tank well. My Bellus is a flush fit. The Knight V1's tank well is a tetch over 35 mm from the top of the mod to the deck, not counting the rubber bung. The eNVy 22 only does TC in Ni200, but goes to 75 Watts and has an internal 3200 mAh battery.

There is a new kid on the block, though...
eNVy 22 75W All in One Box Mod replaceable 18650 battery

REVIEW: Athena eNVy 22 Temperature Control Box Mod | Controlled Coil
REVIEW: Mods and tanks from Smoant - the Knight V1, the Talos V1, and the Charon | Controlled Coil

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Regarding the CoolFire IV 18650: I just bought an Innokin SVD 2 to get that case, and they go and re-release it. &^$*&(%$%#@#!^&%$&

Just FYI from the Avail website:

Looks like we're both SOL on the $39 Vaporflask Lite. (Yeah, I was STILL considering it notwithstanding the tiny screen)

Let me introduce you to Shawn Shinyitis Shipping Service or SSSS. For just a little more than twice the cost of the mod in question, I'll ship you the other one... after I get two :)

Meanwhile, Tesla has not been sitting still. Not only did they join SEVIA USA (Thanks Tesla), they released a new stealth with a board and TC features. For the life of me, I cannot find the link...

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
The Athena eNVy 22 has a 45 mm deep tank well. My Bellus is a flush fit. The Knight V1's tank well is a tetch over 35 mm from the top of the mod to the deck, not counting the rubber bung. The eNVy 22 only does TC in Ni200, but goes to 75 Watts and has an internal 3200 mAh battery.

REVIEW: Mods and tanks from Smoant - the Knight V1, the Talos V1, and the Charon | Controlled Coil
Nice! Still no support for SS though...

Danousa

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2012
Ohio
Nope... just Ni200. You'd think these folks never stepped out of their cubicles...

They live in the cubicles, doing all the right things that looked good in the drawing. Only to find out what looks like a good design on the video screen, is not the real world... "What those screws didn't looks so small on the design." "Oh, those buttons didn't look like that in the design."

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
can't say - once I realized IF perhaps the Li-ion decided to 'vent', it is Directed right at your face :shock:
kinda put a funny taste in my mouth... :unsure:

Batteries do vent from the top, I agree, but this is not the only mod that has the positive end of the battery directed toward the user's face (my ProVari 2.5 and Evic VTC mini are the same way). ProVari's vent hole is on the bottom cap, away from the positive top of the battery. :facepalm: If the battery swells and blocks access to the bottom vent hole, you have a pipe bomb, no matter what. That's why I don't use mechs.

The Kbox mini (congratulations, Kanger :thumb:) has the safest design of all the mods I own: the battery top is facing down, away from your face, and the magnetic door has nice big holes on the side (shaped like the letter K), so I imagine that if the battery should go thermal, it would first blow off the door away from the user. So, if you're concerned about safety, Kanger Kbox can't be beat.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Shawn, for me that first link does a big nothing.

Great review, but I sure wish it came in Tiffany Blue................................................. ;)

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Shawn, for me that first link does a big nothing.

Great review, but I sure wish it came in Tiffany Blue................................................. ;)
Thanks.

I have nothing against Tiffany blue, but for about 3 months or so it seemed as though EVERYTHING was that color... argh...

The link does nothing... durn... it's supposed to point to the new Athena eNVy Plus... takes an 18650... I'll try to fix it tomorrow....

GN!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
And just by the way.......

I think KD got scared and ran away. We'll probably never see her again.:lol:

youshouldbesolucky. ;)

"A Wine Opener in Every Drawer!" :wub::wub::wub: :p

L OUT L!!!!

And as for my second edict? Vaping is mandatory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Physically punching out the FDA is at your own discretion. The KOTUS will turn a blind eye, and provide fabric in the color orange.) :blink:

How is it regulated? It sounds to me like it's unregulated. Every unregulated battery starts at 4.2v (fully charged, then stays at 3.7v for most of the cycle before cutting off somewhere ~3.3 or 3.2v. Those warning lights seem to be indicating battery voltage as the the charge gets depleted, no?

I've always wanted a side-by-side, but never got one. All kinds of potential issues; the biggest ones for me: 1) I always unscrew my tanks from the mod while holding the very bottom of the tank as to avoid accidentally unscrewing the glass part from the base--impossible with side-by-sides and 2) I don't want the AFC valve of my tank facing the body of the mod--it might impede airflow and make AF adjustments on the mod impossible. So I gave up on them.

Just my :2c:

Here's 2 and we'll have 4. I have a true SBS and all those potentials were actually never realized. It may take a teensy bit more care to unscrew a tank, and should you err, BELIEVE me, it'll only be once. :facepalm:

2. With a tank that fits well (not too hot, not too cold), the air flow will not be impeded in any way. Whether or not I use a tank with adjustable air flow on a stick, box, tube, or in an SBS, I will still have to check the A/F prior to vape. Yes, I will admit that a time or two, I actually had to go thru the bother of unscrewing the tank to adjust the A/F, then reinserting it.

I <wub> my SBS.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I have merely collected a wee bit of the magic that emanates from KOTUS. :D
She's going to want you in her administration. Would you prefer Vice-Woofer or Secretary of Bark?

I'm hoping to head up the FUDA. Fixin' it!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm buckin' to be the DIRECTOR of: Cotton - eJuice - & USB cables
probably want to keep me in your cabinet

View attachment 560111

:matrix:

With pending budget cuts under KOTUS (she's TIGHT!), plus inevitable measures of austerity, I'm afraid you'll also need to serve as Warden of Wire.

So much to korrect, so little time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread