Reuleaux Your Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

angah83

Feb 18, 2013
KL, MY
Hello and Assalamualaikum from Malaysia!

This idea has been flowing in my mind for a quite some time. After several attempts and try and error in using different material, I can say that I finally succeed to reuleaux my eVic VTC Mini.

This idea came when I first held Wismec reuleaux in my hand. I just love the design! It felt so comfortable in my big hand. But 3x18650 batteries, 200 watts and the weight are just too much for me. So I started tinkering and here it is.. My "Reuleaux Your Mini".

Material used:
  1. Styrofoam
  2. Velvet sheet
  3. DAISO wooden wall sticker

12tby20.png

S7mipkP.png

VtDzZhg.png

Zqhzs6a.png

7zjPu9O.png

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
I'll be honest, man, when I read this I was extremely skeptical. One of those, "Oh, this should be good" thoughts. lol But, that actually turned out very nice. Awesome job. Are you worried about overheating at all? A couple of those really small foam or felt stick on things to keep from scratching table tops and such on the inside might provide you a little gap for ventilation.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I agree with the Gizzard, and was also thinking of the heat build-up as well.
My VTC doesn't run hot so it might be a non-issue.

I will say, it negates one of the major selling points of the VTC.
That is... such a compact medium power mod.

But I can't fault the intent (nice job, by the way), the Reuleaux is a surprisingly comfortable enclosure to hold.

angah83

Feb 18, 2013
KL, MY
I'll be honest, man, when I read this I was extremely skeptical. One of those, "Oh, this should be good" thoughts. lol But, that actually turned out very nice. Awesome job. Are you worried about overheating at all? A couple of those really small foam or felt stick on things to keep from scratching table tops and such on the inside might provide you a little gap for ventilation.

I agree with the Gizzard, and was also thinking of the heat build-up as well.
My VTC doesn't run hot so it might be a non-issue.

I will say, it negates one of the major selling points of the VTC.
That is... such a compact medium power mod.

But I can't fault the intent (nice job, by the way), the Reuleaux is a surprisingly comfortable enclosure to hold.

thank you for your comment and also for the concern on the heat build-up Gizzard & Jim. I have used eVic VTC Mini for quite some time with the silicone sleeve (condom) on, but never experience the heat build-up issue. I think my approach/design was slightly better than the silicone sleeve if the heat build-up issue were to put into consideration. If you see below image, I did not cover the bottom of the mod with anything not like the silicon sleeve which home a space/hole for battery venting. But thank you for pointing that out and I really appreciate it.

5dyv2lG.png

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I did see that and you're right... it shouldn't be a problem, especially compared to the mostly full coverage silicone sleeves.

I did say mine (with sleeve) doesn't run hot. But I think I was using my D2 at the time as well... and it does run hot. So it was on my mind.

Anyway... to me, it looks simple, probably fairly easy, useful, and different without being tacky.
Well done.

GusG

Mar 29, 2016
At first I was also skeptical and thought it was unnecessary, but it ended up really nice! It looks really professional. I own a Reuleaux RX200 and I really like the feel of it in the hand.

You should definitely check that you are not covering any vent holes because even though the device itself does not heat up, the batteries should always have way to vent if needed. Just stay safe, because it looks really cool.

Reactions: coilspotting

jacketpocket

Sep 8, 2014
nyc
That's really interesting. I have heard paople having problems with the Reuleaux board heating up. I haven't experienced anything like that but it would still be an interesting safety precaution for mods. Could you post the schematic or diagram for that setup?
Was hoping no one would ask. Ok gimme a few days to get it, this guy is elusive

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: GusG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread