Eroll vs Emini Duo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccm2000

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
California
I'm confused by the eMini Duo. The PCC charges two eMinis at the same time but the kit comes with just one e-cig. Opposite of the eRoll/eMini PCC that charges one but comes with two. Its pretty pricey too at 100 euro. From the pics the eMini looks identical to the TECC Titan BC that sells for about $20US at TW. The Titan is a bit longer and has no PCC. The draw is more airy than the eRoll but it probably works better with a high VG juice. I think I'm staying with the eRoll but am interested to hear opinions about the Duo if anyone has used one.

Gary E. Maurizi Jr

Jan 30, 2016
I have been on top of the news on this thing. I've tried the atomizers that the emini duo will use on other batteries. Trueman ecig sells them as does raze Vape, I was not truly impressed, they are nice when they work but have issues with flooding and occasional dry hits.

I found this, everything that the emini duo and eroll is, uses eroll type batteries, a very nice looking aluminum eroll type PCC -- looks way better than the new imini duo PCC , and a MUCH better atomizer and clearomizer head than the all plastic emini duo one. I'm in the US so I can't say for sure as I haven't tried the official full release of the emini duo, but im pretty sure this things gonna blow it out of the water and I am getting it ASAP.

Joecigs xtc-2
Products-Shenzhen Joecig Technology Co,Ltd.

I am not affiliated with this company in any way, I just thought alot of the USA eroll users could use this info as there's alot of panic going on now as stock for the eroll depletes.

Reactions: nicnik

Gary E. Maurizi Jr

Jan 30, 2016
This is the device raze vapor sells, and it uses the atomizer/clearomozer trueman ecig sells, it appears to come primarily from joecig in shenzen, and appears to be what the emini duo also uses. The xtc-2 I linked to in the previous post looks like a vast improvement over joecigs x-tc v1 to me, but just my opinion. I hope im wrong and the emini duo turns out to be amazing, but I'm afraid it is just a rehash on existing parts put together into a new kit and branded for us sale.

Source 2015 Patents mini e cig latest products X-TC e cigarette with rechargeable PCC case on m.alibaba.com

Gary E. Maurizi Jr

Jan 30, 2016
Is this a 2 piece design, as you would just replace the mouth piece? I was looking to see how much the replacements were, but I couldn't find any replacement parts for this item.

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking. The joecigs x-tc v1 and raze vapor/Truman ecig clearomizer has no conventional drip tip and no way to use one. (Same for emini duo, eleaf ikiss mini, etc, all other devices that use the su150 clearomizer), its an all plastic top peice with metal threads and a clear chimney built in like a tiny kayfun tank. The top peice is all one peice that threads onto a 510 bass(sperate peice), the coil is a third piece that threads onto the 510 base. It is bottom fill only, you unscrew the clear top tank price and fill around the chimney.

The joecigs x-tc v2 is a top fill, way more peices, replaceable coil, and I think even Pyrex not plastic, but idk don't have one yet.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I guess we just gotta wait for the next generation of battery technology ... :(

The Elips has been a good compromise in the meantime, but the PCC is too bulky to carry in a pants pocket. Its fine in cooler weather in a jacket pocket, but its awkward in the summer ...

Just a feeling, but I'm looking to Ovale to come out with something between the eRoll and the Elips, at least a 1ml tank and 360 mAh battery, in a small cylindrical package, with a shirt pocket PCC ... :thumbs:

I'm not asking for much, am I ? :laugh:

samha

Jun 12, 2016
Canada
cigalikefreak.com
Folks, I'd strongly advise against getting an X-TC-2 at this point. While a moderator removed the link to my review, I updated it with this:

Another update: Both batteries are dead, after less than two weeks of light daily use. One of the batteries got stuck in the "on" state, firing continuously while getting extremely hot. This is seriously dangerous! One of the clearomizers also completely fell apart. What a shame...

Update: I had to adjust the score, because I cannot keep this from leaking. Seems like e-liquid gets out of the air intake hole for some reason. One of the tanks does this more than the other, and while I can't seem to figure out why, it certainly is annoying!

Constant leakage will cause batteries to fail, but this is pretty much the worst possible scenario.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
I have just moved on. I will give the e mini duo a try if it is ever released in the USA, but I did try the eleaf ikiss, or the Titan bc..same thing sold by totally wicked. Very nice device, holds more liquid and you can still buy the kiss box (PCC). It worka with the Titan bc. It is bigger than the eroll..but vapes nice. I pretty much use the njoy Dailys now..but for enroll users looking for a replacement, the Titan bc with a kiss box PCC is the way I would go for now.

I am an original eRoll user for 3+ years. Tried the eRoll C and hated the metallic tips that left a metallic taste in my mouth. Other than that, I saw no benefit to the C version.
I purchased the Ovale eMini Duo despite not being able to find any user reviews of the product.
I actually left a glowing review of Ovale eMini Duo during the first week of its use which was brilliant, when it worked. As soon as it was time to replace the atomiser, things went downhill. That was 3 or 4 months ago.

I can now confirm it's overpriced rubbish.

1) Its expensive! (See point 6 also)
2) No matter how many times I change the atomiser and the cartridge, it bubbles and leaks liquid into my mouth within the first 30 minutes of use.
There are connectivity issues, if things are too tight, you get no burn at all, so you are constantly screwing and unscrewing the many elements and many of those components have rubber washes (Unlike the eRoll)
3) It leaks liquid into the battery and the metal ring that connects the battery to the cartridge.
4) Its not automatic, and I dont like having to hold a button down on the draw, I like the natural feeling of an auto mini cig as its more realistic to the real thing.
5) The company are expensive and rude. I fail to see why they need to charge so much for their products compared to a company like Joyetech
6) On that note, I purchased the eMini Duo based on the photos and name (Duo) and assumed like its predecessor that the kit would come with 2 devices and parts to match. It came with one e cig and no spare parts. The PCC is designed to charge 2 devices at the same time so why only send it out with one? Plus as I say the marketing images lead you to believe you would be getting two e cigs. It certainly costs enough to expect that.

Bottom line is I wasted £180 on the device and spare parts and it has been thrown in a drawer and I have gone back to my eRoll buying up spare parts where I can find them or buying Ovales version of the eRoll which is called "eMini"

Further more, in my quest to find cheaper atomisers for the eMini Duo, I discovered Eleaf iKiss pen as it uses the exact same atomisers. It looks exactly the same too only much cheaper and so I ordered one and I can confirm these e cigs are identical in design, atomiser types and they're both as bad as each other in terms of leaking and bubbling.
But at least the iKiss is cheaper so you don't feel as if you have been totally ripped off.

Eleaf iKiss Kit Vape Pen Blister Kit - 6 Colours

Save your money and buy something thats been around for a year or two and that has plenty of independent reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread