Vaping gives me the shakes, anxiety, and palpitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

KvLT

Jul 19, 2016
Hey all. I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of why this could be happening (obviously I'm not looking for medical advice, and plan on asking my doctor about this).

I've been vaping since around 2012-2013, but haven't had a cigarette since 2014 (almost two years; time flies). I've only ever vaped VG, and started out on the higher end when I was younger (probably to match the 'kick' of cigarettes - 2.4 MG was probably my limit). Lately, I only vape 1.2 MG at the absolute most, but usually stick to around 0.3-0.6 MG.

For the past year, however, even 0 MG - 0.3 MG juice has been giving me palpitations, the shakes, anxiety, and almost a 'racing thoughts' sensation. I have no health problems (knock on wood) and only one emotional problem (social anxiety disorder), so I can't for the life of me figure this out.

If even 0 MG can mess with me, is it potentially the sugar in the vegetable glycerin? I'm desperately trying to quit, but still would love some additional speculation.

Thanks so much, I appreciate it!

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
@KvLT Not quite 50 questions... Have you ever monitored your blood sugar (especially while having these issues)? Have you spoken to a doc about these issues? Did you have any of these issues before, when smoking the logs? What juice are you vaping (i.e. store bought premium, house, DIY)? Have you tried any ratios with PG? What wattage, resistance and amount of juice do you vape?

Last edited:

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
I've had anxiety issues/social anxiety for around 10 years give or take but i always seemed to shake it
about a year and a half ago maybe 2 yrs time does fly, i quit cigs all together and picked up vaping

during the half of my vaping history i was fine then i started to get anxiety/panic attacks
thinking....damn here we go again but this time it was different, it wasnt my usual anxiety
more of a heavy chest/sinus/hard to breathe sensation/heart palps that escalated into these anxiety attacks
if i don't vape for a good hour i start to feel zero anxiety/depression...well "normal" i should say
but of course that pesky nic itch gets the best of me lol

i tried vaping at a lower W i'm currently using a serpent mini rta with 26g/32g clapton wire at .6 to .7ohms at 15-20 watts which helped a lot
recently i tried 1.5mg nic 70/30 vg pg but UNFLAVORED and it reduced my anxiety big time
in my case anyway it's allergy related just yesterday i found out i have a moderate allergy to PG.. which is weird as the first test i did came back non reactive to PG(would explain pg sensitivity)
on a happy note i bumped into an old HS friend which ironically enough owns a vape shop and does in house mixes
gonna try 100% vg with no flavor

Reactions: Iron Molly

louie325

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2015
can also try smoking cigs again for a few days although ill prob get hate for suggesting that
thats how i found out it was vaping related and not something else
within 3 days of smoking just enough cigs to keep my nic WD at bay
things were night and day no issues no nothing i felt like my old self
(i was told allergies can wreck havoc on the CNS... i even laughed and the doc asked me if i found something funny :(...allergies can be pretty serious, as im finding out the hard way)
but given i dont wanna go back to smoking cigs everyday i went back to vaping and still in the trial and error stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread