Not open for further replies.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Really? Any state?
Even tho there are some states that aren't as bad yet, how long do you figure it's gonna take for those states to start catching up? You're gonna be moving often.
Yep. Any state is better than Cali. Not just talking about vaping. They are the most draconian state in the nation. Sure, there's quite a few bad ones out there now such as the ones mentioned in this thread (Illinois was left out and, even though it's not a state, NYC is right up there) but Cali tops them all. Sorry...

Reactions: Rossum

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Yep. Any state is better than Cali. Not just talking about vaping. They are the most draconian state in the nation. Sure, there's quite a few bad ones out there now such as the ones mentioned in this thread (Illinois was left out and, even though it's not a state, NYC is right up there) but Cali tops them all. Sorry...
I'd say New York is possibly getting worse.
And plus their weather SUCKS rocks.
:)

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I'd say New York is possibly getting worse.
And plus their weather SUCKS rocks.
:)
Lol... Yeah, I can see where one might think laws in NYC are just as bad, if not worse. I guess I wouldn't want to debate you on that.

As far as the weather, I know how you people out in Cali like yours and how a lot of us out here would too. There are those of us, however, who really dig the four seasons and appreciate the fact Winter kills certain kinds of insects and reptiles. ;)

I went out to Cali once and got Valley fever (something we can't get in Michigan), so there you go...

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
War is a simple way of putting what I am going to do.
I am going to shine a HUGE light on the hypocrisy of their nicotine usage policy.

I'm talking about a Fortune 500 company with thousands of employees.
And I WILL put them between a rock and a VERY hard place.

I'm going to send an email company wide with links to the truth about nicotine.
My ultimatum will be change the policy to allow ecigs or I will walk.

They can not afford for me to walk, because I'm the only one who does what I do.
And the company will suffer greatly for at least a month if I stop doing it.

Bravo DC2!!! Love it! :D

Reactions: LaraC

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I do love the weather in CA, but I grew up in New Jersey, with four distinct seasons, three of which were uncomfortable ... :(

The two weeks of Spring were very nice ... :)

The only thing I would like about East Coast weather now is that in the winter, everyone is exhaling vapor outdoors ... :vapor:

Public vaping bans are unenforceable when everyone who is breathing is blowing clouds ... :laugh:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
I do love the weather in CA, but I grew up in New Jersey, with four distinct seasons, three of which were uncomfortable ... :(

The two weeks of Spring were very nice ... :)

The only thing I would like about East Coast weather now is that in the winter, everyone is exhaling vapor outdoors ... :vapor:

Public vaping bans are unenforceable when everyone who is breathing is blowing clouds ... :laugh:
Hmmm, interesting...

GuinnessTV

Aug 15, 2016
Florida
My company has the same rules regarding anyone vaping inside. When it was implemented, they announced it at the monthly company-wide communication meeting. I asked the General Manager why they felt the need to do it and was told that it was because vaping was no different than lighting up a cigarette.
I asked him in what way was it the same, and he said that it blows smoke and therefore is no different than a cigarette. I calmly informed him that what it burns and what is exhaled is in no way "just like a cigarette" and that it was most likely no more dangerous than what blows out of the industrial humidifiers that run 24 hours a day in the building.
He smiled a condescending grin and said that there is nicotine in it and that comes from tobacco and therefore, can't be in the building. His grin disappeared when I reminded him that the nicotine gum and the nicotine patch the company encourages smokers to use (as part of their never-ending smoking cessation campaign) both contain nicotine. He invited me to find another job if I didn't like the new policy.
Oh well...at least I said something (even though it changed nothing).

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
That would be so sad. I haven't lived in Southern California for 14 years now, but I grew up there and spent most of my life there. Cooking hotdogs and marshmallows with friends and family, around a fire pit, at the beach are among my happiest memories.
Well, they can't put out thousands of acres of brush fires but they can still save mankind by banning a few dozen square feet of beach fires.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
The corporate world is just as guilty as the gubernent as far as telling people how to live their life and conduct themselves.

Everyone is free to find a job in a culture they like and enjoy.

But that's why they call it "work"...........you get paid to be on somebody else's schedule and rules.

You don't have to work anywhere you don't want to work. o_O

It amazes me how much things have changed since I was young and HAD to make a living to pay all my bills. Your employer said "jump" and you said "how high?" I needed my job. As long as they didn't ask me to do anything illegal, I followed their rules. I had good dental and medical insurance and I followed whatever rules I had to in order to receive those great benefits, which would have cost me a fortune to pay for myself. Back then we dressed to the nines every day......women wore skirts and dresses WITH pantyhose and a pump w/a small heel. (professional environment where I was).

I was grateful to have a good paying salary and basically a secure job with a good paycheck. (Of course, in order to be *valued* you have to be valuable, hence, that will come with hard work, education, and upgrading your skills as time goes on. If you have a job where another 'warm body' can just fill in for you, then don't expect to be treated like you matter, because bottom line, they will have somebody else in your place in 24 hours :lol:)

Today, it seems like people want to go to work, be on their employer's clock and be paid (and of course think they are being underpaid), but *seem* to want everything at work to be just like their private living room? Use their cell phones to make personal calls any time they want, surf the internet, vape, smoke, eat snack at their desks, take lots of breaks, dress how they want, etc.

I fully understand why employers lament that they can't find good employees anymore. Nobody wants to buckle down and give their full attention to their 8 hour workshift. ?? Heck, it's only 8 hours. I don't get it? It's not like a gulag or in china where you are working 12-14 hour shifts (and if you do you are raking in overtime).

You will die, or it is supreme torture of some sort not to be able to vape every moment? Get some gum for goodness sake. :rolleyes:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'm going to send an email company wide with links to the truth about nicotine.
My ultimatum will be change the policy to allow ecigs or I will walk.

I get where you are coming from DC2, but food snacks are not dangerous either, but I can tell you that last time an employee walked up to me with a badge and was "snacking" out of a bag of chips, and/or I went to a reception area and the employee had a huge meal layed out on their desk, and had to stop "chewing" in order to address me........

I'm sorry. I'm old fashioned. At work, you are working. It's not your house, your car, or your living room. Employers have every right to dictate behaviors at their private premises where they are paying people to be there.

I know the policies don't make sense sometimes......and I've had a few "meetings" myself........but when it got really bad that is when I put my resume out. :) Believe me I've worked for my fair share of annoying corporations.

Also, the idea that you are irrreplaceable is a dangerous way to think. They will go on, with or without you, even if it does cost them a few "bumps" in the interrim. (They are probably kinda stupid not to have some kind of built in mission critical backup if your leaving is going to DECIMATE the company. Either you are very very special or they are very very backwards. :))

I do not say this to under value you in any way. Its just that I live in the real world and know of no organization who completely falls apart because an employee leaves in this day and age when you can find "talent" at the drop of a hat, esp. among well educated and technically and theoretically trained employees who will be at the doorstep in 2 seconds flat iwith their H1B visas for a well paying job.......

and they will work like the dickens too.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'm going to do what I said, and we'll see what happens.
I look forward to seeing how it all turns out.
:laugh:

None of that is really important though, right?
I mean, the important thing is that I'll make a stand, and be heard.

And in the end, that's what we need a lot more of.
And since I can, I will.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I'm going to do what I said, and we'll see what happens.
I look forward to seeing how it all turns out.
:laugh:

None of that is really important though, right?
I mean, the important thing is that I'll make a stand, and be heard.

And in the end, that's what we need a lot more of.
And since I can, I will.

Oh, I 100% support that you should "say something", esp. if it is in your heart and mind to do so.

I support anybody who wants to do that.

I am just too cynical to believe that anything I have to say is going to "change the world" at this point :lol: I went to college in the 70s, believe me, I physically participated in marches, etc. Of course, there was no internet then so we didn't have the luxury of sitting in the comfort of home blasting off emails. :) It was all about "action" then, you had to show up.

But yes, OF COURSE you should speak out, speak your piece/peace. :)

Reactions: HazyShades

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Oh, I 100% support that you should "say something", esp. if it is in your heart and mind to do so.

I support anybody who wants to do that.

I am just too cynical to believe that anything I have to say is going to "change the world" at this point :lol: I went to college in the 70s, believe me, I physically participated in marches, etc. Of course, there was no internet then so we didn't have the luxury of sitting in the comfort of home blasting off emails. :) It was all about "action" then, you had to show up.

But yes, OF COURSE you should speak out, speak your piece/peace. :)
Was there with ya.
I started getting cynical when I saw protestors mocking George Wallace being paralyzed after the assassination attempt in '72.
While his populist segregationist politics may have been distasteful
he did in fact represent the general attitude of his state and constituents.
upload_2016-8-19_18-35-57.jpeg
I was of the opinion that "The Movement" should represent
the "Peace, Love and Understanding" we allegedly protested for.
But make love not war proved to be total BS. Look at POTUS's record
and consider who some of his mentors are.

ad356

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
north java, ny
they can do whatever the heck they want. if the OP likes his job he is lucky to still have it. im not saying i agree with companies treatment of vapers just they can be completely unreasonable. if anyone recalls, i was fired for the first time i got caught vaping........ outside. i had been given no designated area to go vape and expect to be working under those conditions for 5-6 sometimes even more hours. i would go outside when everyone else went home and vape. i literally effected no one, not doing it indoors. caught once i was immediately shown the door.

no matter how bad you might think it is, it can be allot worse. be grateful if your employer allows you to at least go outside and vape or at the very least go to your car. there are companies out there that are being run by despicable control freaks. i was actually told to seek nicotine addiction consoling. the policy that i got fired for was not in effect when i took the job. i would have flatly refused the job, hands down. they can make your life absolutely miserable, it took me 6+ weeks to get my unemployment. the whole time i was slowly running out of cash and no idea if it was going to get approved. i had a strong hunch but nothing concrete. not a way to live.

i say if they let you go outside and vape, be happy about it. they are working with you. some people here complain when their employer bans it indoors. well that's kind of stupid, as long as they allow you to do it outside at least its reasonable. its unreasonable for them to tell you there is no acceptable place to go and you should seek consoling

ad356

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
north java, ny
I get where you are coming from DC2, but food snacks are not dangerous either, but I can tell you that last time an employee walked up to me with a badge and was "snacking" out of a bag of chips, and/or I went to a reception area and the employee had a huge meal layed out on their desk, and had to stop "chewing" in order to address me........

I'm sorry. I'm old fashioned. At work, you are working. It's not your house, your car, or your living room. Employers have every right to dictate behaviors at their private premises where they are paying people to be there.

I know the policies don't make sense sometimes......and I've had a few "meetings" myself........but when it got really bad that is when I put my resume out. :) Believe me I've worked for my fair share of annoying corporations.

Also, the idea that you are irrreplaceable is a dangerous way to think. They will go on, with or without you, even if it does cost them a few "bumps" in the interrim. (They are probably kinda stupid not to have some kind of built in mission critical backup if your leaving is going to DECIMATE the company. Either you are very very special or they are very very backwards. :))

I do not say this to under value you in any way. Its just that I live in the real world and know of no organization who completely falls apart because an employee leaves in this day and age when you can find "talent" at the drop of a hat, esp. among well educated and technically and theoretically trained employees who will be at the doorstep in 2 seconds flat iwith their H1B visas for a well paying job.......

and they will work like the dickens too.

usually the people doing the firing are not the people that are going to suffer from the rapid departure of an employee. that's the way it goes. they force someone else to pick up the pieces so they really dont care. i talk to my former co-workers still, my former co-worker said they all had to work 70+ hours per week while the people responsible for unfairly terminating me just sat on their behinds like always. its not like my former bosses went out onto the production floor and helped. nothing of the sort. they continued to work their 30-35 hours per week on salary and made other people work harder to make up for my departure. we dont live in a good world. the people that do the firing are really effected by the departure. in other words they dont have to care

Reactions: DC2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread