ERM250pic_zpsxmuuvaby.jpg

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
That looks like a drop in fit for the erm. Something happened to the battery and board on my erm. One took out the other. Board does not power up on USB with no battery attached and the battery got fat.
I do remember a large spark that broke a leg on the clapton coil in my mizer. So, can I get my hands on a 250? I was gonna scavenge a board from my DX200 cause it's battery fades too fast. And, I was using a Turnigy Nanotech 1.3. Is there a better battery for the ERM?

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
That looks like a drop in fit for the erm. Something happened to the battery and board on my erm. One took out the other. Board does not power up on USB with no battery attached and the battery got fat.
I do remember a large spark that broke a leg on the clapton coil in my mizer. So, can I get my hands on a 250? I was gonna scavenge a board from my DX200 cause it's battery fades too fast. And, I was using a Turnigy Nanotech 1.3. Is there a better battery for the ERM?
Sorry, they only sent one 250 per customer for prototyping, full production volumes are a bit further down the road.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Thanks anyway Mike. Now the chip on the BRD has gone kaput. At least this time, Warranty appears on the screen. Maybe I can get them to replace both. Same type of behavior. Runaway power, maybe they have an expiration date, lol.
They will certainly replaced it, no questions asked (or answered).

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Managed to build my 2 new silo 1300's this weekend :)
Here's a few pics comparing a silo 950,1300 & ERM+

The 510 the silo uses HCP 510 - 18mm x .75 isn't bad for the money.
I would still like to see the Evolv 510 as at least an option.
I will say the HCP 510 is pretty good, better than any FD or VT 510 any way.

The Silo 1300 is nice & small for a 1300mAH mod :)
It's quite a bit smaller than the ERM+ with the same size battery :)
It's all most the same size as the DX200 witch has a 900mAH battery.

Only thing is any thing bigger than a 23mm atty over hangs on the front :(
The 510 is too close to the front of the mod.
On a 1300mAH mod. I would like to see 24 & 25's fit flush with no over hang too.
After all a bigger battery mod should hold these bigger attys too?

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Yep, the Modcrate 1300 looks nice, smaller etc. After having worked with the ERM+ for a while I saw several places where space could have been saved. Although I dont think I could have achieved their height with an Evolv 510, shorter yes, but not that short.

Alas, I dont think any of those notions will ever come to pass.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Yep, the Modcrate 1300 looks nice, smaller etc. After having worked with the ERM+ for a while I saw several places where space could have been saved. Although I dont think I could have achieved their height with an Evolv 510, shorter yes, but not that short.

Alas, I dont think any of those notions will ever come to pass.

The 2 silo 950's in the pic are the same hight as the 1300, They both have Evolv 510's :)
They were bought from Proto not MC :)
Only real difference between the 950 & 1300 is the Thickness & width, to accommodate the bigger battery.
The section that holds the chip is the same, just a hair thicker on the 1300 :)
The MC silo 1300 is a tight fit! they really didn't leave any room for battery expansion :(
I hope this never becomes an issue.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Lipo batteries expand if it has room. Not an issue if the enclosure is strong enough to withstand the expanding battery. The Silo case is strong enough that it won't be an issue. This also will not damage the lipo.

In other words, don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread