What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Yeah, that seemed to work for me also. I used a large black leaf bag over it and then sprayed it. Worked fine the first year and had little the second, before FIOS. When I had the dish on my deck it wasn't an issue, I just had to wipe it off once in a while. However, when the trees started blocking the signal, up on the roof it went.

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Shout out to Rebel for the can of Lab 13 you threw in my box, totally forgot to thank you for it [emoji6]

Interesting flavor profile. The fruity taste was unexpected, but pretty good. I wasn't expecting the nic buzz though, it must be a little stronger than Thunder...

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Our dishwasher quit last Sunday and the new one is coming tomorrow. I had everything disconnected except the drain hose that runs to the sink drain. I was trying to pull the hose off and the nipple broke off of the drain pipe. I tried soldering it but the solder wouldn't take. So I had to have the neighbor come over to help me get the drain pipe unscrewed from the sink. The whole thing kept trying to turn so I needed someone to hold it while I loosened it. It took several tries but we got it finally. Now I have to replace it before I can install the new one.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I was out on a service call yesterday and had forgotten to bring any snus so I stopped to get a can and they were sold out of mint so I grabbed a can of original. I hadn't had any in a year or better. It was a nice change of pace.

Reactions: firechick

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Had to put Mom's old coonhound down tonight. It did not go well. The new vet eventually called in another vet to finish the job. If it wasn't so early in the week, I think I'd be pretty hammered right about now. Maybe Thursday night since I have friday off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    So sorry FC, particularly about the ending. I experienced that with a cat that just decided if I was in the room, she had to be on me. I'd go to sleep and she curled right up along side me. I had her for 16/17 years when she woke me at 2 in the morning howling in pain.
    I endured it until 9AM when the vet opened and got an appt. at 10. The vet looked her over and, of course, would need to do tests to try to establish what was wrong. I said no, just put her down. She never had a problem in all those years, I wasn't going to make her suffer any more than she had suffered that morning.

Well, I was wrong. I've been thru the process quite a few times before, but nothing like that morning. It was so bad that when my Golden's turn came, the greatest dog I ever had, I stayed with him until he had the sedative and was sleeping peacefully. When the vet came in, I (crying as I type this) just told him I didn't want to stay. The memory of Cannie was just too brutal.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The cat and dog that we have now are the first pets I've had in many years so I have not had to endure the loss of one in a long time. Our dog can be a real PITA but I'm sure I'll miss her when she's gone. Our cat is eight years old now and he's still getting around good. He's attached to my wife kinda like yours was to you roth. He lets me pet him and stuff but doesn't like for me to pick him up or hold him.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Cammie wasn't like that at all Hitt. If a total stranger was in the living room, she'd take the surragate if I wasn't available. All the other cats were indoor/outdoor, probably why all her brothers/sisters/cousins disappeared or died before her. She was content to stay in the house ant wait for human contact.

They group of cats came from a farm that I lived on with my previous gf. When we moved, 5 came with us. She was this little kitten that never got a heck of a lot bigger to the end.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    For the old timers on this thread that know Tropical Bob. His son is an actor, theater only to this point. TB posted that Fox is putting together a mini series on the civil war and his son auditioned for the show and got the job to play the role of a general. Then a day or two ago, he got a call and he lost the general part. Instead, they want him to play Allan Pinkerton which is an ongoing part in the series. Should be interest when it gets broadcast.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I don't remember if I mentioned the LEDs that I purchased to replace the florescents in my kitchen a year ago. They sat in the corner for a year as the lights kept working most of the time and I just didn't feel like screwing with them.

Well, I needed to do it now as all I was doing was playing with the switch trying to get the ballast to light them up. It took me about 10 minutes to find the diagram I had made up to send to the LED people to insure I knew what had to be done and another 45 minutes to totally confuse myself looking at Youtube videos until I said, screw it, they told me my diagram was correct so I'll just do it.

It probably took me half an hour to cut out the ballast, take it out and rewire. Before I reassembled everything I plugged in one bulb to insure it was working. It was so bright I really don't think I need both installed. I checked the other one as the wiring was so simple, I was sure something was wrong, but that worked too. Then and it was just a matter of tucking wires away and putting the covers back on.

Reactions: hittman

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    The LED lights are pretty awesome. I've been replacing all the standard/cfl bulbs with LED as they've been burning out.

The previous owners had AA battery powered tap lights under the cabinets, so those I immediately took down and put LED fixtures in. The only florescent fixture is over the sink, I was planning on just swapping it for a LED fixture when the bulb burnt out. I didn't know rewiring the ballast was an option. I'll have to look into that.

The difference on the power bill has been very noticeable thus far with the high efficiency HVAC and LED lighting. It's been about 2-3 dollars higher per month than previous summers, but thats running the A/C all day vs once at night before bed.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Our AC and furnace are 17 years old now and I don't look forward to the time they will have to be replaced. We have some led bulbs and some regular. I had to go with LED in the ceiling fan in the living room to get enough light after we replaced the fan and light. Most of the new ones take those candelabra bulbs that put off almost no light.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Wahoo, the strange thing is there are different LED bulbs because when I started looking at videos, they were doing different wiring changes and I started questioning myself. Basically, the load was put on the right pin on the right side of the bulb/s and the common was placed on the left pin on the left side of the bulb/s.

Yeah Hitt, I bit the bullet on the AC and heater 3 years ago as they were over 30 years old and the AC was an issue, besides not being very efficient. I only use my air when it gets real sticky hot, like it will be the next few days. I've used the air this year more than normal since this has been one of those summers. Of course I've only ran 3 tanks of oil through the heater and the oil fired hot water heater since I got the new one while primarily burning wood so it isn't getting overused.

My next issue/issues will probably be the roof and water pump, both original and 36 years old now.

Users who are viewing this thread