Kanger Dripbox 160 TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
ive had my dripbox 160 for about a week now.Its pretty cool, but the battery life is, honestly, terrible for me. I'm running .25 ohms in the tobeco velocity clone at 80-90 watts and batteries last about half a day. the same batteries in my h priv with .2 ohms in the tf-rta tank at 90-95 watts lasts all day no problem. Is my dripbox defective, or is it just the chip in the mod?

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
The SS versions don't get de-burred well and as SS is a bit softer than the normal steel, it leaves sharp edges when they drill the holes for venting. Five min with a round file will knock the burrs right off, why Kanger can't figure this out I've no idea!
Mine had the burrs too. I took a chainsaw file to the inside, started with a little pressure then went easier and easier to leave a smooth surface.Theres also another sharp spot on mine toward the bottle side where the stainless meets the black plastic, 2 round dimples in each battery compartment. that really freed up the batteries.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
:thumb:

If Kanger made a Single Battery VW DripBox similar in size to the DripBox 60w, I think it would be a Huge Seller.
Pricey at the moment ($75) but the COV Wraith 80 watt squonker looks awesome! I'll be getting one once the price drops a little.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Pricey at the moment ($75) but the COV Wraith 80 watt squonker looks awesome! I'll be getting one once the price drops a little.

Yeah... I have seen that one. As well as the Steam Crave Squonk Mod.

I'm just not sure I would like a Mod that is 60mm Wide?

Reactions: havok333

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
ive had my dripbox 160 for about a week now.Its pretty cool, but the battery life is, honestly, terrible for me. I'm running .25 ohms in the tobeco velocity clone at 80-90 watts and batteries last about half a day. the same batteries in my h priv with .2 ohms in the tf-rta tank at 90-95 watts lasts all day no problem. Is my dripbox defective, or is it just the chip in the mod?
that's because it's only using part of it's life.my shows dead at 3.5 volts instead of 3v like all my others.

Reactions: pineappledan

ilikeholoejuice

May 31, 2016

------------------------------------------------------------
The price drops already, but I am still waiting for a cheaper price, I think any price below $45 is reasonable.
Kanger CUPTI ALL in ONE Starter Kit $49.95
Original Kanger CUPTI Starter Kit $54.81
http://www.vaporsolo.com/Kangertech-CUPTI-Starter-Kit-p10675.html $48.95
Kanger CUPTI 75W TC All In One Starter Kit $48.99

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
I wanted the Stainless, but it was the last to become available here, I have heard a few complaints of it tearing up battery wraps, but I would imagine that was fixed by now. I have no clue why the white would be any higher that the black though. I would speculate a bit of both problems and supply.
..... to get the batteries in or out.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
TC newbie with a new Kanger Dropbox 160:

When in TC mode can you change the wattage to something else other than the 160W default? If not, is that just the ramp up wattage and then the chip crosses over to TC?

I wish it were possible, but you can't change or set the wattage in TC mode on the Dripbox 160 (or any of Kanger's TC mods, if memory serves). You're correct in that it is the ramp up wattage which then drops down when the temp is hit.

Reactions: Alamedean

Sleepy Dog Lee

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Powell River BC
Anybody having problems with the device not staying in temp mode? My device started booting me out after firing a few seconds. I've tried re-recognizing coil, turning device on/off, removing batteries, and combos of such. I may rebuild the coil with SS but would rather not at the moment if there is a fix or a clue to the problem. Any info appreciated. I have a friend with the same problem.

Alamedean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Alameda, CA
Anybody having problems with the device not staying in temp mode? My device started booting me out after firing a few seconds. I've tried re-recognizing coil, turning device on/off, removing batteries, and combos of such. I may rebuild the coil with SS but would rather not at the moment if there is a fix or a clue to the problem. Any info appreciated. I have a friend with the same problem.
This just started happening to me today. Still trying to figure out how to remedy the problem. :pop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread