Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Yeah, scored a efusion duo with a July 4th coupon too. Came out to really cheap. Using 2 x 18650 for now since have tons. 1st evolv chip and will probably never buy anything else again. The quality is amazing. The only gripe I have seen so far is not being able to power off, and not being able to see the voltage of the batteries outside of the meter. But they drain 100% even, so the gauge will have to do.

After having broke down and setup a windows install for escribe, I want more dna 200 devices. The software that comes with the chip is above and beyond.

While it's been out for a while, the whiteout mod looks great.

And while not out and all future information has seemed to vanish, but the Player Mod by Starss looks nice. Hopefully it becomes available someday and before the fda nonsense. Vapenw has the most pics and info. Very slick looking, 18650 sled, and all pieces interchangeable to get different colors and looks. Very much want one.
You can set escribe to have the mod show individual cell voltage during charging....that's something at least [emoji14]

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
ODIND6h.jpg

seek2

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
We probably got it from the same sale at VapeNW. I really like the software package for control. I know there are other very capable chipsets out there, but the software package makes it a fave for me. Not for everyone though.

I had a Triade, but the idea of another DNA 200 on sale was irresistible. I threw the Lipo in, only so I don't have another pair of cells to keep married. When the Lipo dies, or I change my mind, the sled goes back in, and 133W is fine with me.

With these two I think I'm stocked for DNAs. There are some others like whiteout available that look really nice too. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more stuff rushed out in the next month just to get in under the wire. Hopefully that won't result in beta type releases.

I will admit that Dicode looks really tempting as well. The build quality sounds amazing.

Ha, yep. Same sale. Great deal for the whole bundle they give. Have an rx200 but its so heavy and big. The duo is very light and slick looking. Not to say there is anything wrong with the rx200, but have been wanting another device for a bit now, and couldn't resist that deal.

The alabone panels look really nice on the silver. Have the black one and left the carbon fiber since know once I take them off, they are gone. But looks good with the carbon fiber, on black so not worried. Will save the extra panels for the day the carbon fiber stickers get beat up. If that ever happens...

Tried the lipo. It worked good for the 1st 2 or 3 cycles. And then remember I was at like 50% and the next time it turned on the meter jumped up to like 70%ish. I was thinking what the hell, could of sworn the battery was lower. But didn't think much of it at the time. Was vaping away and kept thinking - Wow! This lipo is great, been vaping on it since yesterday and battery meter hasn't even changed.

Then I dropped it from chest height to the floor (its a slippery little ....er, especially when there is a little juice on your hand and device). Went to hit it and said to check battery. Battery meter was at the same 70%. Hooked it up to escribe and all cells were showing 3.93 for all 3. I was like wtf, maybe I broke it? Unplugged it to see if 18650's will work, and as soon as I unplugged it, battery dropped to 0%. Plugged it back into escribe and now cell 1 was at 2.74V. It was like dropping the device triggered something, and then unplugging it from escribe and / or usb triggered something else.

No clue what happened prior to dropping it that would of caused the voltage reading to completely stop working.

Back on 18650's now. Have a few pairs of vtc5's, and seem to get better battery life from them anyway.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
You'll get longer battery life out of the the 18650's (depending which ones you have) as the 3 cell Lipo is only 1300mAh. I'm a low wattage user, and the 3 cell Lipo only held out for about 2 /2 days before needing recharging. My 3 battery 18650 Triade lasts over a week without a visit to the battery charger. Did you have the Lipo configured properly in eScribe, because that's pretty weird behavior. No idea what to make of the change after the unintended vertical descent, unless one of the connectors was loose or something. The connectors seem pretty solid, but maybe when you tucked them in back on top something got a little loose? If you think that Lipo is really not functioning properly I'd contact VapeNW for an exchange on the battery.

The black with carbon fiber must look good. The carbon fiber panel/sticker is actually pretty thick, and you can get it off in one usable piece, although you'll have to find a new adhesive. I saw one video of someone using a 3M roll on type of adhesive which seemed to work. Unfortunately, whatever you replace he carbon fiber with (wood or Abalone) will likely not survive being taken off again. Hope you're otherwise enjoying it, great mod especially at that sale price.

seek2

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
After a few more 18650 cycles tried the lipo again. It's weird because the 18650 is pretty accurate. Steady decline in meter and boots me around 20%, when both 18650 are at 3.3v and can't push 50 watts.

Charged it up. Meter all over the place on 1st cycle. Was going good to around 40% ish. And jumped next power on to about 60%ish. 10 vapes later it dropped a tad. Next power on meter was about the same and got check battery after a few vapes. Next power on it showed 0% from the start.

One guess is I'm gonna need a handful more cycles before it's holding the full charge.

Also saved the discharge profile, and just made a new one. 4.2 100%. 3.1 0%, 2 points. I understand it doesn't discharge linearly. More or less curious to see if the discharge profile has any affect on the meter. I assumed it was just something reference and test your batteries. Really should just need the battery stats and you can produce the meter from max capacity - current capacity= how much of a meter should we draw.

We'll see how that goes.

I would totally get if it were inaccurate but always decreasing, but the fact it goes back up is odd. Wonder if coil resistance has anything to do with it. Been generally using the same .14 ohm ss build. That's the ohms on a cold coil. But raises as it heats up. Have seen this build go up to .19 as it heats. And will cool back down to .16 and hang out there for a while.

Gonna try a test later once I get it to sub 50%.

Really need to setup some kind of resistor setup and use the battery analyzer to see what the actual discharge is like.

I don't think it's defective. Just needs to be broken in, and/or proper settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread