Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
We had some WICKED azz thunderstorms go through this morning, right about the time I was getting in the shower! :lol: Of course, I was crossing fingers and toes that I wouldn't lose power! Would not be fun getting dressed in the dark! :lol:

The storms dumped tons of rain, it had slowed a lot by the time I was heading to work, but there were a couple of "lakes" right at my off ramp. If I had a normal car, it would have drowned!

Making pulled pork BBQ in the Instant Pot. I love living alone, I can eat whatever the heck I get a craving for! :lol:

Oh, and I picked up some shrimp and salmon, so tomorrow will be seafood night! :thumbs:

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
We had some WICKED azz thunderstorms go through this morning, right about the time I was getting in the shower! :lol: Of course, I was crossing fingers and toes that I wouldn't lose power! Would not be fun getting dressed in the dark! :lol:

The storms dumped tons of rain, it had slowed a lot by the time I was heading to work, but there were a couple of "lakes" right at my off ramp. If I had a normal car, it would have drowned!

Making pulled pork BBQ in the Instant Pot. I love living alone, I can eat whatever the heck I get a craving for! :lol:

Oh, and I picked up some shrimp and salmon, so tomorrow will be seafood night! :thumbs:
The like is for the second half, not the first!

As Mr. V has yet to turn down a meal, I can eat whatever I want too. :D

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
We had nice weather here today. It was hot but I didn't mind since I stayed in most of the day. I got next to nothing accomplished. Tomorrow is catch up on laundry day and go to an afternoon appointment. Hopefully I can go pick up my check I should have gotten on the 15th. She ran out of checks and didn't know it until she sat down to write out of paychecks. Who the hill runs a business and runs out of checks??? I really need my check. Why she can't go to the bank and at least get a counter check to pay me with is beyond me. Hopefully I can get it tomorrow.

Wednesday is hubby's birthday and I'm planning to cook buffalo wings for him. I may possibly do buffalo chicken fingers. I haven't decided yet. I thought some fries, celery, blue cheese, and garlic bread would go nicely with it. I already gave him the biggest part of his present, a kindle fire. Bought myself one too on Amazon prime day. Darn those sales and darn that Amazon credit card! :laugh:

Most of Friday and part of Saturday I was sick. Hubby had to come pick me up from work Friday. I took some medicine and slept most of the day. I worked for a little while Saturday but didn't really feel up to it. Friday when I got sick I was of course at work. She wanted me to try to finish the dog I needed to finish up. I tried the best I could but couldn't make it all the way done. My vision was getting blurry and I couldn't see what the hill I was doing. I finally just said that was all I could do. Someone else was going to have to finish it. Hubby got there and took me home. We left the truck at work and he drove the car home and picked up the truck Saturday when he took me to work. This dang perforated ear drum is driving me batty. I can't hear hardly anything out of my right ear except for this low pitched pounding and sometimes a high pitched squeal. It's been three weeks and not much better. Something to laugh about it though is that when I blow my nose my ear whistles and you can hear it across the house. :laugh: I go back next Monday and if it's not much better they will probably put a patch like thingy on it to keep it covered so my inner and middle ear isn't exposed. It's supposed to heal better that way. Why they didn't do it the first time I don't know. They wanted to see if it would heal on it's own. Eventually it will heal up but a perforated ear drum could take weeks or months to completely heal. If it's strange you can bet I'll get it. :laugh:

I've become obsessed with a new hobby. Something called a Happy Planner. A calendar that you scrapbook in as well as keep up with your schedule. Morgan liked it so much she wanted one of her own. I bought it for her and it will be a project we work on together. I'm looking forward to working on it with her. Hopefully it will be a good bonding thing with us. I'm a dork and know absolutely nothing in her eyes. :lol:

That's about all I have for now. That about sums up the last week. Hope you all are having a good week.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Good afternoon Posse!

Holy MONKEY it's HAWT outside. We've been hovering at nearly 100 degrees for a while now. Heat index around 105-110. Dad and I have gotten his pool liner replaced, and replumbed the filter and pump. All in this heat.

I'm sure you've noticed I havent been around here much. We launched on July 12th. And we have been going absolutely crazy trying to keep up with everything. Working out bugs in the processes while still getting services delivered to customers. And they're already talking about going to keeping us going 6 days a week. CA-RAZE-EE!!!

I also had to truly become a manager late last week. After holding interviews for the previous two weeks, I have officially hired my first employee ever. Depending on all of HR's stuff, he should be starting this coming Monday.

On a lighter note, after many months of Mrs E and I going back and forth, she finally let me get a "new" motorcycle! And MAN, she is SO pretty. I'll put pix up in the "Carmaggedon" thread if it's still open. If not, I'll post them here. There are still a few things that it needs to get back to street legal, but nothing major. Just things like mirrors. License plate bracket. Light for said license plate bracket. I'll do a few other little things, but those will be first.

Right now, I'm just hanging out at work until my mom's plane lands, then I'll go pick her up. It was either that, or drive passed the airport, go home, get gas, come back to the airport, then drop her off, then go back home. Yeah. This way is easier.

Hope y'all have been well, and I hope I can check back in soon!

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
love the bike, James.

I FINALLY got my paycheck I was supposed to get on the 15th. I picked it up today. Hopefully next time she'll keep with how many she has so that I can be paid on time. A day or two I can understand. But a week and half, not cool!

It's hot as hades here too. I'm ready for fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread